What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

I'm not positive about this but I'm pretty sure they call that Patriotic Acrylic? Or something like that.

Patriotic Kirinite....... I think it looks sharp....... But I used to like fender skirts, Continental kits and dual antennas....... So what looks good to me might make 90% of the population want to regurgitate.......

It's here! Got the exact kind of covers I wanted! Nice and dark saw cut with some light edges. Overall it's a great knife. From half to close it's a lil tight and the spring is a lil proud at fully open. Other than that I threw it in the pocket and I'm gonna be using it.
tfyJMtd.jpg

Finally got one of the new TCs in hand!!:eek: It's nice to see it all come to fruition!!:cool:
GEC started out assembly with Hammered pins, but quickly switched to Spun pins, due to the ease with which the sawcut surface was dinted!! That red H on the top label could have easily been an S, I guess!:rolleyes:
But I think that the cutlers did a great job!!
A firm action, but not onerous, just like the earliest Barlows - perfect!!
Not as much "wane" in the bone as I had hoped from using up the smaller pieces of handle material, but a satisfying Barlow feel overall!!
Color and F&F worked out great in my opinion!! A touch of Wabi-Sabi makes a good traditional Barlow!!:DView attachment 1497639 View attachment 1497640 View attachment 1497641 View attachment 1497642 View attachment 1497643
Charlie, they turned out fantastic. I'm really happy to have mine. The color is so subtle, which I find very pleasing. Mine is nice and snappy too :thumbsup::cool:

The difference in rose gold and glitter gold is so subtle in the picture. I wonder why they would do do handle materials that are so similar.
I think I seen posted in the Let's talk GEC thread, maybe earlier in this one that the rose gold was kind of a mistake. To much glitter in the mix or something to that effect. I think there's something cunningly devious about them, putting what has to be the least popular acrylic on one the most popular patterns.

Back