What SAK are ya totin' today?

aujourd'hui Victorinox Ranger
 img]

Different job and different coworker mentalities. No fainting, eye locks, or verbal flatulence about my silver Alox Farmer on a silver Vic belt hanger.

Still the old Wenger SI. As I have slowly disengaged myself from the whole obsessive knife thing, the SAK has become my go-to pocket knife and the old SI has taken over my pocket. I just don't feel the need for any other pocket knife anymore. If I have a SAK in my pocket, I'm satisfied. The SI in my pocket and the little classic on my keyring its me through my day just fine.

I notice that the more I stay away from the forums, the less I obsess over knives and what I'm carrying.

Still the old Wenger SI. As I have slowly disengaged myself from the whole obsessive knife thing, the SAK has become my go-to pocket knife and the old SI has taken over my pocket. I just don't feel the need for any other pocket knife anymore. If I have a SAK in my pocket, I'm satisfied. The SI in my pocket and the little classic on my keyring its me through my day just fine.

I notice that the more I stay away from the forums, the less I obsess over knives and what I'm carrying.

I thought you had given up on the Classic and gone with a small Leatherman tool. Did the Classic call you back? Im also a die hard sak fan. I may carry other knives in addition to, but a sak is always with me. Usually a 91mm Victorinox with scissors.

I thought you had given up on the Classic and gone with a small Leatherman tool. Did the Classic call you back? Im also a die hard sak fan. I may carry other knives in addition to, but a sak is always with me. Usually a 91mm Victorinox with scissors.

It comes and goes. On one hand, I know the little Leatherman is a better tool with stronger construction. On the other hand, the emotional side of me likes the SAK feel in hand better. With the Wenger SI in my pocket, I have flat and Phillips screw driver capabilities, bottle opener, can opener, and awl plus a lot more knife than the squirt. The squirt is a bit heavy for the keyring so it's a watch pocket tool. But again, the Wenger SI goes in my watch pocket. So if I got with a Wenger in the pocket, I'm running into a conflict on both pocket space and most used tools in my lifestyle. The little pliers are handy, but I find I need a screw driver or light pry tool more often, than small pliers.

The SAK has way way more emotional and aesthetic appeal to me than the Leatheman. So sometimes it come down to what mood am I in that day.

It comes and goes. On one hand, I know the little Leatherman is a better tool with stronger construction. On the other hand, the emotional side of me likes the SAK feel in hand better. With the Wenger SI in my pocket, I have flat and Phillips screw driver capabilities, bottle opener, can opener, and awl plus a lot more knife than the squirt. The squirt is a bit heavy for the keyring so it's a watch pocket tool. But again, the Wenger SI goes in my watch pocket. So if I got with a Wenger in the pocket, I'm running into a conflict on both pocket space and most used tools in my lifestyle. The little pliers are handy, but I find I need a screw driver or light pry tool more often, than small pliers.

The SAK has way way more emotional and aesthetic appeal to me than the Leatheman. So sometimes it come down to what mood am I in that day.

That makes perfect sense.

So true about a SAK. Makes you feel ready for the day when you got one. They are my go to as well.

Feeling like stag on a Monday, so I'm carrying my factory Victorinox Stag Hiker.hiker.jpg

WOW!! Hope ya are wearing suspenders to hold up your drawers along with your belt!!:D John

Back