What SAK are ya totin' today?

Heading into the mountains for my somewhat annual elk hunt. I skipped last year to go fishing in Mexico instead but it’s been one of those years that makes me want to head into the mountains. The Victorinox Hunter goes on every single hunting trip I have taken since I got the knife 17 years ago. The Camper will see some use, and I’m hoping the Helle gets some use with the Hunter taking care of an elk.

3-FB608-FF-30-B7-4-D63-ACA7-B2235-EB47-D32.jpg

Heading into the mountains for my somewhat annual elk hunt. I skipped last year to go fishing in Mexico instead but it’s been one of those years that makes me want to head into the mountains. The Victorinox Hunter goes on every single hunting trip I have taken since I got the knife 17 years ago. The Camper will see some use, and I’m hoping the Helle gets some use with the Hunter taking care of an elk.
<snip>

Sounds like a good time - enjoy your trip, and good luck on the hunt.

What model is this? What is the round tool for? Is that a guy playing soccer on the front?

Thanks, but the round tool is for loosening and tightening the boot studs of football players.
Description taken from a website:
From SakWiki:
"The Wenger Footballer 32 is one of 3 knives in the Wenger Sport Footballer Series designed for the Footballer (Soccer player in Canada and US) with the inclusion of a shoe Cleat Wrench. Discontinued model."

Thanks, but the round tool is for loosening and tightening the boot studs of football players.
Description taken from a website:
From SakWiki:
"The Wenger Footballer 32 is one of 3 knives in the Wenger Sport Footballer Series designed for the Footballer (Soccer player in Canada and US) with the inclusion of a shoe Cleat Wrench. Discontinued model."

That is super cool. Thanks for the info.

Today I carried my One-hand Trekker plain edge for the last time. (story here)

Classic on the keys.

Not sure what I'm going to replace that plained-edged Trekker with:
  • Current '09 Soldier (it's serrated, with no T&T)
  • Current Wenger Ranger (no T&T, mint and collectible now)
  • Current Vic Workchamp (no one-handed deployment, bulky)
  • Buy the only remaining plain edged Trekker I can find (but it is the ugly camo one)
What would you do?

Today I carried my One-hand Trekker plain edge for the last time. (story here)

Classic on the keys.

Not sure what I'm going to replace that plained-edged Trekker with:
  • Current '09 Soldier (it's serrated, with no T&T)
  • Current Wenger Ranger (no T&T, mint and collectible now)
  • Current Vic Workchamp (no one-handed deployment, bulky)
  • Buy the only remaining plain edged Trekker I can find (but it is the ugly camo one)
What would you do?

Maybe buy the camo one you mentioned, and replacement scales on ebay. I really wish mine was plain edge now. What was I thinking?

I'm toting 'Smaug' today, (green-scaled Explorer Plus, his name is proudly engraved on the large blade) and the Classic on the keys.

Pic taken on the bar table, where we're sitting and watching NFL. Vikings vs. Texans now, and Bears vs. Colts later.

I proudly flew my freak flag to take that pic and got some strange looks. :-D. Hope you ladies appreciate it, hehehe.

20201004_130133_HDR_copy_1360x1024.jpg

Back