What SAK are ya totin' today?

Vic Spartan with black G10 scales by Prometheus Design Werx
BMug6sk.jpg

2iQBOjA.jpg

Ambassador - carried pretty much all month. The only tool I missed was an opener when handed a bottled seltzer.
If a Rambler's screwdriver/opener was added to the Ambassador it might be the perfect EDC SAK. :)
hWQ8VlR.jpg

I may go back to a small tinker, sportsman or evo 11 next month... but then I'll probably miss the scissors... :(😣o_O

Ambassador - carried pretty much all month. The only tool I missed was an opener when handed a bottled seltzer.
If a Rambler's screwdriver/opener was added to the Ambassador it might be the perfect EDC SAK. :)
hWQ8VlR.jpg

I may go back to a small tinker, sportsman or evo 11 next month... but then I'll probably miss the scissors... :(😣o_O
I have a classic with my keys for the scissors.
I received this 1 yesterday, straight in the pocket. Wenger junior with lock Blade.
IMG_20211026_101359.jpgIMG_20211026_064145.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I've decided.
Starting today, I'm going to use a Rambler as an EDC while giving it sufficient time to prove itself. I expect to have a conclusion within a few weeks.
Among Victorinox's extensive lineup, the Rambler's tool selection is the closest I can find to my minimum daily requirement. Generally I preferred the 74-85mm SAKs so it will take some getting use to. Having recently read the helpful tip; open a file blade to improve control and grip when cutting, should make the adjustment a bit easier.
eUO6gPq.jpg

Warning; Always be absolutely certain which end is for holding prior to handling.
iK0l2lh.jpg

Having written Victorinox asking them for a larger Rambler I'll try and make due while I await their decision. :)
and let you know how the GRT (Great Rambler Trial) pans out.

Back