What SAK are ya totin' today?

Hope you are well Paul and yes it has been a while .
I only come here occasionally now , nothing against the place just sort of drifted away .
I still do the odd bit of leatherwork for friends and enjoy it when I do but it isn’t my every waking hour hobby like it used to be 😀
I also realised that I had started buying knives for the fun of buying them , not for the fun of using them so I decided not to buy anymore for a while . Hanging out in this place puts a recovering minor knife addict like me under a lot pressure so removing my self from temptation seemed like the best thing to do 😳
My SAK’s are my going out knives now and my Spyderco’s and Leatherman’s are for work .
I still own more of those than I will ever wear out in my lifetime and they certainly cover all of my needs.
Is that sheath still going OK ?
My promise at the time was that if it ever broke of got worn out then I’d give you another still holds true .
I have a few of my SAK compatible sheaths in a draw somewhere ( not the same as your one ) so let me know .
We certainly understand and James said it well. We always enjoy your presence here and absolutely know of the risk one takes coming here. The friendships are great but so is the temptation. The sheath has worn extremely well with zero issues, again thank you for it and it's still faithfully serving its purpose dutifully.
Paul, you're small Tinker looks exactly like mine... No Keyring!!! Lookin' good my friend! 😎
Thanks James, I both like and dis-like the ring depending on my choice of carry for the day. This one is one of my most carried :)

Great pictures Dan!!! the Hunstman with Hunstman is perfect. I don't fear spiders and we have our fair share but still despise them crawling on me:mad:
Thanks Paul 👍🏻. I have an Irish wife who won't even look at my photos of spiders or snakes. I guess its where your brought up as to your level of fear felt. As I say all the time I'd rather my son grow up with snakes and spiders in the bush then with drug and alcohol affected homeless people in the cities.

We certainly understand and James said it well. We always enjoy your presence here and absolutely know of the risk one takes coming here. The friendships are great but so is the temptation. The sheath has worn extremely well with zero issues, again thank you for it and it's still faithfully serving its purpose dutifully.

Thanks James, I both like and dis-like the ring depending on my choice of carry for the day. This one is one of my most carried :)
I'm the same way Paul, some knives I leave 'em but on sm. tinkers... key rings should be removed. :)

Ever notice the tools on the 111mm Adventurer are the same as the small tinker, except it doesn't have a sm. blade?
UsPCkIQ.jpg

So the Tinker family actually consists of small tinker, tinker, super tinker, deluxe tinker, and gigantic tinker if you will. ;)

great pictures Dan!!! the Hunstman with Hunstman is perfect. I don't fear spiders and we have our fair share but still despise them crawling on me:mad:
Once again we have something in common Paul. I don't fear spiders (well maybe a little) but I sure don't want them crawling on me!! Snakes no problem. Rats, "Ho Hum" unless they're of the flying type and in the house, hate bats when they're flying in my face. It's me or them!
Thanks Paul 👍🏻. I have an Irish wife who won't even look at my photos of spiders or snakes. I guess its where your brought up as to your level of fear felt. As I say all the time I'd rather my son grow up with snakes and spiders in the bush then with drug and alcohol affected homeless people in the cities.
You're very right Dan... city problems are much harder for people to negotiate than any bush issues. A fellow is fortunate indeed if he can steer clear of city life.

Last edited:
A nylon Sportsman the evening
Great choice Sonofwilfred. The nylon Sportsman has settled into being my most carried Sak for the last few months.
Great tools and size for me. I used to question the file vs the smaller blade but it turns out I haven't needed the 2nd blade at all and the file is very handy.
Living and learning at 71!
TKt65tB.jpg

Dan, pretty cool. I’ve seen a couple of videos where Victorinox had a hand press and all the components to let a person make their own but I’ve never been anywhere you could actually do it.
Time for a holiday Jim, book yourself an Alpine Ibex hunt in Switzerland, then drop by any number of the tourist spots and make your self a Spartan. The assembly is a whole lot easier then the hunting looks, those mountains are huge... But I guess for a flat lander like me any slope is huge. 😂

I carried my late 70's/early 80's economy Recruit today without half-stop cap lifter. It was away for 10 weeks or so for a complete overhaul at the Victorinox factory repair department in Ibach-Schwyz. It came back just before Christmas with a new era-matching main blade with the crossbow on it. It als received new nylon scales which I specifically requested. It's in great shape once more and Victorinox customer service is just amazing, such a great company!

Back