What tool/vic did you carry today?

I don't need much around the office, but I don't ever like to be without at least my SAK Classic Alox and a mini Griptilian. The combination is light, slim, inexpensive and very handy.

SAK Farmer, red handle. In my bike pack is an (increasingly beaten up, from jostling with tools) Leatherman Squirt P4.

"Eyegor"
You fine Sir.. I recognise as a true connoisseur of vintage SAKs.
It is a pleasure to know that there exist a select few!

standard.jpg

Scibeer custom Stayglow Abrasive Yo-Man and a Leatherman blue Squirt S4 (in addition to a Boker DP Trance, Orange Ladybug3 and a Rough Rider Dogleg Stockman)

Leatherman Wave on belt pouch and Victorinox electrician in my pocket.

Jaime Orozco.

standard.jpg

Scibeer custom Stayglow Abrasive Yo-Man and a Leatherman blue Squirt S4 (in addition to a Boker DP Trance, Orange Ladybug3 and a Rough Rider Dogleg Stockman)

I got one of those Yeomans too. WHo did you get yours from??? I got mine from Felinevet Tim.:thumbup::D

Vic Mini-champ on my keyring (always), and a Champ in my pack. I don't know why I resisted carrying the Champ for so long, it's really no heavier than a Leatherman, and has proven to be a lot more useful for what I do.

For months I EDC a Vic Soldier, but just three days ago I got a new Boker whittler. So now the Soldier stay in my bag, and my Alox Classic in my pocket together with the whittler.

I carry a Vic Spirit and a Scibeer custom Woodsman SAK everyday.... including today :D

Daytime / working hours today is my Charge TTI... Casual and non-working hours this evening is the Vic Timekeeper...

Daytime / working hours today is my Charge TTI... Casual and non-working hours this evening is the Vic Timekeeper...

Right now, a Leatherman Surge, probably overkill for what I expect today, but I haven't had it very long and am still getting accustomed to it. I like big multi-tools and always feel better prepared for whatever when with one. Smaller models might be somewhat more convenient to carry (and much of the time my choice), but for many uses there is no substitute for mass. Anyway, carried in the nylon sheath horizontally or clipped to my jeans pocket, the weight has been no issue, even with the bit extender, bits and saw/file tucked into the package. So far, it's all love. :thumbup:

Farmer for most of the day. My Charge TTi accompanied me on the inaugural attic-crawl today to cut away some insulation around some recessed light fixtures (old house, relatively new purchase). Turns out I didn't need to cut anything; it was loose and could be swiped away with my hand. I made it up to it by breaking down a couple boxes with the serrated blade.

Back to my Vic Super Tinker. This is probably the most useful SAK pattern for me personally. I love the basic Tinker model, but always have a need for scissors. I hardly if EVER need a saw, or file, or fish scale remover......etc. The Super Tinker gives me exactly what I need. Plus mine has a ton of sentimental value attached to it. My wife gave it to me as a wedding anniversary gift, and my daughter, when she started teething, grabbed it and bit into the scales, leaving tiny little teeth marks on it. I love this knife.

Hi,

I carried my Gerber Compact Sport and my new Kershaw Vapor. I know most of you guys don't like Gerber tools. But the satin finish on the Sport and Vapor made them look good together. Sometimes it is better to look good than be good!:p

dalee

Back