What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Anyone else love Mexican Pepsi's? They are magical.

FgVuJHE.jpg
Never tried but I do love jarritos

Morning porch friends. Sorry I haven’t been posting many pics lately. Been getting settled into my new job, which I am enjoying. Yesterday’s carry was the bloodwood 38 English whittler- one of my favorites. Today is the 74 mustang dressed up in stag. The 74 might be the ideal size/blade combo for me. I grab the 74 and 38 probably the most often.
lXWDK1z.jpg

ME8dE5X.jpg

High School football is a lot of fun to watch, except for the badly behaved parents that take it too seriously.
Disappointingly, that statement can be made for nearly all sports that kids are involved in today. There are plenty of videos out there showing poor parent behavior at kids sporting events.
Morning porch friends. Sorry I haven’t been posting many pics lately. Been getting settled into my new job, which I am enjoying. Yesterday’s carry was the bloodwood 38 English whittler- one of my favorites. Today is the 74 mustang dressed up in stag. The 74 might be the ideal size/blade combo for me. I grab the 74 and 38 probably the most often.
lXWDK1z.jpg

ME8dE5X.jpg
Congrats on the new job, hopefully that enjoyment is long term. I agree with your sentiments completely on the 74. SInce I got my burlap micarta version earlier this year it has become my favorite (and most carried) knife, including today.

pQvq1uk.jpg

I’m more of a one and done type for a run.
Me too. I see no reason to have many copies of the same knife.
Nothing better than a good piece of Ebony. 🤠:thumbsup:
Gorgeous re-handle. 🤠:thumbsup:
Disappointingly, that statement can be made for nearly all sports that kids are involved in today. There are plenty of videos out there showing poor parent behavior at kids sporting events.
My son lost his starting position in pee wee football one year because of parents lobbying for their own children.
I kept my mouth shut and explained to my son that it's up to him to earn his own spot, I won't be talking to the coaches.
No problem, he went and played for another team and had the time of his life... and his old coaches would always ask me, "Why did we cut him?"

Last edited:

Congrats on the new job, hopefully that enjoyment is long term. I agree with your sentiments completely on the 74. SInce I got my burlap micarta version earlier this year it has become my favorite (and most carried) knife, including today.

pQvq1uk.jpg
Thanks! The burlap looks great on the 74s. Such great users

6254 Case XX from 1981 with a Peabody Coal Co. blade etch for Trapper Tuesday.
8D04B468-F834-4D21-A3F2-B418E4058CCB.jpegThe sedum is blooming. Grandma called it Live Forever, which is accurate. These are from divisions off plants 60 or more years old. Just take your spade and stab out a chunk of root, stick it in the ground where you want some more. And unlike a lot of hardy perennials, this one will not spread like crazy and take over. Where you stick a chunk of root, it will establish a nice clump, but it stays put.BFE6C7A3-D4D7-4A4F-92D5-33453C663207.jpegA welcome inhabitant in my garden.
090D7B57-2630-4F77-B024-B54D454BD1D0.jpegMy current “Favorite Knife” 🤔 with the walking stick/cudgel I made using a brass harness hame on red elm. Inspired by and instigated by Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer who has made and given away a few of these.
Harry should be getting home today from the hospital with his new knee, so hopefully he’ll be posting again soon.

Back