What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Well, its been a long and emotional weekend and to top it off now im sick (just a cold not covid) i just couldn't make a decision this morning so heres todays bunch. Starting the day with the lamb and the schrade whittler, copperhead and 83 on standby in the car till lunch. Have a good day everyone.View attachment 1643684
Quality quartet Kevin :thumbsup:
Have a good day with your Hartshead Barlow Bill :thumbsup:
How about Modified Monday?
Another rescue job. Lovely old cocobolo scales, the cool little engraving on the ends of the schackle, springs strong enough for an International Harvester Loadstar 1600...
There’s a lot to like about vintage Kutmaster TL-29s.
This one had been over sharpened and inproperly sharpened, but I thought I could see an interesting shape in the remaining blade. They had also ground the screwdriver blade into something of a pointy shape, which gave me an excuse to grind on that one too.
I like fiddling around out in the garage when I could be doing boring but useful chores.View attachment 1643719View attachment 1643718
Nice work Jeff :thumbsup:
That's a really sweet Pen Knife, Jack. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Happy Micarta Monday to All
Thank you very much John, perfect pair :) :thumbsup:

My wife and I welcomed twins a couple of weeks ago, so I really like how these Twin Children barlows have two ‘21s on the tang View attachment 1643766
TC 152121
Congratulations to you and your missus Mike :) :thumbsup:

I missed Harry's post I'm afraid, but good luck with your knee surgery Old Engineer Old Engineer , and congratulations on your great grandson :) :thumbsup:

I'm in mourning. Therefore; I'm carrying this Scout Trapper with deep, black, ebony, covers instead of wearing a black arm band. Sadly, I have to report that there was a fire at the Wagon Wheel Cafe last night and they are closed until they can access the damage. I'm fit to be tied!!!! Does this mean no Chicken Fried Steak for awhile or maybe even forever. Gotta cut this short so I can get my pants on and go down there and check it out for myself.

1632154754032.png

Excited to have one of these 85s in cherry bone heading my way. I was only able to grab the micarta when they first dropped.

72dBPYz.jpg

Say it ain't so Ed. Everyday I look forward to these beautiful knives and the stories they bring. Always like to check out what's on order at the Wagon Wheel Cafe. I'm glad your there to help out if needed. Hopefully they'll be back up in no time.

Last edited:
I'm in mourning. Therefore; I'm carrying this Scout Trapper with deep, black, ebony, covers instead of wearing a black arm band. Sadly, I have to report that there was a fire at the Wagon Wheel Cafe last night and they are closed until they can access the damage. I'm fit to be tied!!!! Does this mean no Chicken Fried Steak for awhile or maybe even forever. Gotta cut this short so I can get my pants on and go down there and check it out for myself.

View attachment 1643809
I liked the knife, not the terrible news.
I hope they can reopen faster than my bar and grill that had a pizza-chimney fire the Friday after Mothers' Day.

How about Modified Monday?
Another rescue job. Lovely old cocobolo scales, the cool little engraving on the ends of the schackle, springs strong enough for an International Harvester Loadstar 1600...
There’s a lot to like about vintage Kutmaster TL-29s.
This one had been over sharpened and inproperly sharpened, but I thought I could see an interesting shape in the remaining blade. They had also ground the screwdriver blade into something of a pointy shape, which gave me an excuse to grind on that one too.
I like fiddling around out in the garage when I could be doing boring but useful chores.View attachment 1643719View attachment 1643718
Nice job Jeff, looks great! 😎👍
My wife and I welcomed twins a couple of weeks ago, so I really like how these Twin Children barlows have two ‘21s on the tang View attachment 1643766
TC 152121
Congratulations on your twins!😎👍

Back