What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Fine trio of rehabs !

Great post, Jeff; easier for me to have a happy day after getting a reminder about perspective and priorities! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Terrific "born again" trio, Jeff; I think the walnut on the lambsfoot is outstanding! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thanks guys.

“Well, Gary, how many canoes do you need?”

“As many as it takes.”

Hey, GT~ I hung on to that scrap of figured black walnut for a long time. Back in 1982 or 3, I drove a truck down in the Ozarks. One day, passing through Warsaw, Mo, I stopped for a look see at Bishop’s Gunstocks. That scrap was in the burn box. It came off of an exhibition grade gunstock.

Just got back 10 minutes ago from visiting a Grandson and his family and found out that we will be getting another Great Grandson . Had these 2 in my pockets all day . Sorry for the low quality photo of the Northfield 38 and 83 and the roses are Double Delight and @meako 's favorite Mr. Lincoln . Both are very fragrant varieties .

Will be out a few days for a Knee Change Out .
Harry
Congratulations on your new great grandson Harry! 👍
Good luck with your knee replacement. 😊

Part of Monday’s carry picked out

C21528V.jpg

Well, its been a long and emotional weekend and to top it off now im sick (just a cold not covid) i just couldn't make a decision this morning so heres todays bunch. Starting the day with the lamb and the schrade whittler, copperhead and 83 on standby in the car till lunch. Have a good day everyone.20210920_064815_copy_756x1008.jpg

How about Modified Monday?
Another rescue job. Lovely old cocobolo scales, the cool little engraving on the ends of the shackle, springs strong enough for an International Harvester Loadstar 1600...
There’s a lot to like about vintage Kutmaster TL-29s.
This one had been over sharpened and inproperly sharpened, but I thought I could see an interesting shape in the remaining blade. They had also ground the screwdriver blade into something of a pointy shape, which gave me an excuse to grind on that one too.
I like fiddling around out in the garage when I could be doing boring but useful chores.4312019C-36D9-4494-9720-A38FC01A97CE.jpegE3F9BA28-9E22-4708-98D2-D7BEEF84165B.jpeg

Last edited:
we have Tom Brady now, so we get all the calls!
Lol... Funny and true. 🤣
Union Mine
Ah yes... I was close. ;)
Gonna watch PBR Rodeo today and then Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives instead of watching a bunch of prima donna, pansies
I rode bulls and bareback horses in High School.
All my friends tried to get me to go out for the football team.
I told them that when football becomes more scary than rodeo, I might consider it.
Sounds like a fun Friday evening, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Where I typically hang out in the Midwest, I seldom see vistas like the one you posted. I watched some of a HS football game while I was on vacation in August, but I think it was on a Thursday afternoon, and school in the town where we stay is quite small, so they play 8-man football. A Wharncliffe mini trapper is a really nice knife!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
High School football is a lot of fun to watch, except for the badly behaved parents that take it too seriously.
I hope that mini trapper choice won't turn today's game into a "trap game" for Seattle!
Haha... Thanks for the jinx.. 🤣
Go Hawks!
They needed somebody besides Bobby that could tackle Henry.
Go Hawks!
Go Hawks!
They needed a little help yesterday.
They don't do well with a lead at the half.
Hope you're recovered and back on your feet quickly, my friend. :)
That's a really sweet Pen Knife, Jack. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Just got back 10 minutes ago from visiting a Grandson and his family and found out that we will be getting another Great Grandson . Had these 2 in my pockets all day . Sorry for the low quality photo of the Northfield 38 and 83 and the roses are Double Delight and @meako 's favorite Mr. Lincoln . Both are very fragrant varieties .

Harry
Good luck with the knee surgery!! Also big congrats on the new great grandson!! That is wonderful news that should help in recovery from your procedure.

Back