What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Such a cool knife. 🤠:thumbsup:

The elk sausage looks amazing, and a very appropriate cutter. 🤠:thumbsup:

Very cool pair. 🤠:thumbsup:

It was very nice, thanks. :)

Congrats on the strong start.
You coach for Pondo, right?

Wow... That's an awesome pair of Lambs right there. 🤠:thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. :)
Union Mine

UHhkf1P.jpg

Perfect for a nice sunny day !

IACoM1C.jpg

Case Pilot Test Run Carbon XX Brown Burlap Micarta Trapper
1095 carbon steel blade (first for a production case).
Brown burlap micarta handle.
Brass pins and liners, nickel silver bolsters with an oval Carbon XX shield.
4.12" closed and weighs 4oz.
Beautiful Case ! Almost picked one up the other day but I’m trying not to buy anymore knives this month. It was hard not to get this one and I also believe there is less then 500 made 👍🏻

Gonna watch PBR Rodeo today and then Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives instead of watching a bunch of prima donna, pansies practice kneeling during the National Anthem. I'll be totin this Remington Lumberjack.

View attachment 1643254

That's a pretty interesting show. Always enjoyed it when I had cable. Your lineup for today is much preferable IMHO than the other option you mentioned. Have a great day Ed!

(Neat Remington BTW)

Now that’s an eclectic line up Gary, very cool! 😎👍
Thanks, Todd. Since each category in my rotation schedule is essentially randomly chosen independent of all the other categories, "eclectic" is about the only weekly theme I have. ;)🤓

I’m carrying these today. Haven’t even used the 13 yet, it’s kinda dressy. 😊 The SAK helped me move some computer equipment around in my classroom this morning, such a useful companion. 👍View attachment 1641852
Black friday knives today. Schrade Granddads Old Timer stockman and a snappy little Boker Barlow that was a surprise gift from John DF. Who doesn't love a surprise? :D:)
View attachment 1642248
Splendid Black Friday choices, Todd & Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lil stag lock back trapper for game day Friday.

jK1uWJc.jpg
Do your guys score 83 points whenever you carry that stunner, Tyler?? :thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓

I love those old shell handled Barlows... they were great beyond their price. 🤠:thumbsup:
Nice trio of knives Gary, all classics. OH
Thanks for the encouragement, John & Bruce. :)

Watch your fingers Rude Boy! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:
Have a great weekend folks :) Got my Hartshead Barlow with me today, and my Jorgencraft Viking Knife :thumbsup:
Thanks for the advice, Jack. ;) I may be crude, but I try not to be rude!😁
Fine photo of your stag HHB, and that Viking knife is certainly pointy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:o_O

Bill, your stag HHB is resplendent, as usual! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going to flea market and will probably do a lot of walking, so I decided to go lightweight today.

pI2cILq.jpg
A dynamic duo of TCs, and I admire your high-resolution photos!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

We had a thunderstorm roll through last evening which first shook some leaves off the walnut trees, and then blessed us with a nice rain. And I fell asleep to the sound of a second blessing of light rain.
So my gardens, trees, and grass are happy this morning.
Manny is happy as always. He loves to go out with me to take my knife photos.View attachment 1642519 It’s kind of our routine. And this dog makes me happy. He was my late son’s. He brought him home as a wee pup in late ‘16. And after he passed away the following July, Manny clung to me hard. Never in my life had a dog so dedicated and bonded.View attachment 1642534And even though my happiness doesn’t come from material things, a decent guitar, good knives, and a cup of strong black coffee let me know life is good today.View attachment 1642518So y’all have a happy day now!
Great post, Jeff; easier for me to have a happy day after getting a reminder about perspective and priorities! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My wife is a high-up muckety muck in her school district.
As such, she needs to attend different events at her district's schools.
Because I like spending time with her, and watching football, I make her sign up for the football games.
I especially enjoy it when it is at one of the little mountain towns. Small hometown football games are a lot of fun.
Last night we went early, stopped at the local market that has a grill, ate dinner outside and enjoyed the wonderful view.

I'm really enjoying the Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper gifted to me by Todd @bigfish64 , I think it's staying in the pocket again today...
Sounds like a fun Friday evening, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Where I typically hang out in the Midwest, I seldom see vistas like the one you posted. I watched some of a HS football game while I was on vacation in August, but I think it was on a Thursday afternoon, and school in the town where we stay is quite small, so they play 8-man football. A Wharncliffe mini trapper is a really nice knife!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Angus Jack and an English Whittler on this beautiful early autumn day !
That whittler is a shapely little number, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

IK45Jur.jpg

(and Vic Cadet for backup)
Handsome Joker! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the handle some kind of wood?

Started my weekend with these two from Sheffield. :)

That's classic! 😁 :thumbsup:
Couple of transatlantic beauties, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carried this Case stockman today.
I'll bet your livestock respect you even more when you carry that solid stockman! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attractive pairing Rachel :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today, with my Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un, and my Yorkshire Rose ;) :thumbsup:

Opw5nOM.jpg
W for the Win, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Impressive black/white double lambsfoot knives!

Thanks a lot Gary :) I think I've bought 4 of the carbon Rough Riders, and really should give them so pocket time. I have a chunky 'Half Hawk' in denim micarta sitting on my desk :thumbsup:
How do you like the denim micarta? So far, micarta hasn't appealed to me very much, but some denim versions look good.

Now that is an attractive pair, Jack!

😄👍

Bagpipe Lambsfoot and a good old Boker:
Pair of aces, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Happy Sunday!
I picked out three refurbished/repaired knives today.
These three were bought on the cheap because of hard use and/or abuse, and needed some repair.
Schrade Walden, Camillus, and Taylor’s EW.
View attachment 1643086View attachment 1643085
Terrific "born again" trio, Jeff; I think the walnut on the lambsfoot is outstanding! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I've got my new game day carry with me today...
I hope that mini trapper choice won't turn today's game into a "trap game" for Seattle! o_O🤓

I’m kinda getting interested in the canoe pattern again. I really like the shape of the spear blade on my RRs. And yes Gary, you are definitely a master “canoesseur!”🤣
Thanks, Todd. 😁 Here's a 4-year-old shot of my fleet of canoes; I should update it since I've acquired at least a dozen more, I think, since that pic was taken!
4row.canoes.jpg
For the game, I’m going with the “Double SAK Attack.” One for defense and one for offense! 🏴‍☠️👍View attachment 1643137
Tough to bet against double Alox (or TB12)! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Gorgeous horn on Lam Jack. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Gary, you’d make a great coach, finding an opportunity to get everyone into the game! 😄👍

That’s a great shot of a beautiful knife. 👍
Very nice selection today Gary !
Good to see one of the '17s Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, John & Todd & Steve & Jack. 🤓

Haven’t carried a full size Stockman in a few weeks, so this 6347SS for today. OH
Real nice 6347, Bruce! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that a 3-spring model?

Today’s third wheel knife is a plain ol delrin schrade walden 861.

View attachment 1642642View attachment 1642643
Yesterday I carried a delrin schrade 861, a good and practical knife, but the delrin ones are not as nice as the older bone ones. Today I have the nicer of the two old bone 861’s that I like to carry.

View attachment 1643196View attachment 1643197
Delrin or bone, those long curvy stockman knives are phenomenal! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Scout Sunday !!

pkttnPt.jpg

Case Boy Scouts Black Synthetic Medium Stockman
Tru-Sharp surgical steel clip point, sheepsfoot and spey blades.
"Boy Scouts of America" blade etch.
Smooth black synthetic handles with brass pins and liners,
nickel silver bolsters and antique brass BSA shield.
3.62" closed and weighs 2.5 oz.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today, with my Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un, and my Yorkshire Rose ;) :thumbsup:

Opw5nOM.jpg
A pair of well posed ebony and ivory beauties; I'm a huge fan of a Double Lambsfoot Day, have a great one Jack! 😁 :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, Jack. ;) I may be crude, but I try not to be rude!😁
Fine photo of your stag HHB, and that Viking knife is certainly pointy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:o_O
Certainly not in that sense my friend :) Thanks, it IS pointy isn't it?! :D Most knives from that period, and much later, were carried primarily as eating utensils, so I imagine that's why it is so pointed. Here it is with a Viking 'fork' ;) :thumbsup:

nuWwKqq.jpg

W for the Win, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Impressive black/white double lambsfoot knives!
Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:
How do you like the denim micarta? So far, micarta hasn't appealed to me very much, but some denim versions look good.
I quite like it Gary, though it was mainly the blade configuration I went for, rather than the covers :)

LvaLZwh.jpg

A pair of well posed ebony and ivory beauties; I'm a huge fan of a Double Lambsfoot Day, have a great one Jack! 😁 :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two German Stag beasts today. :)
Thanks JJ, a Double Lambsfoot Day always puts a smile on my face, a twinkle in my eye, and a spring in my step! :D ;) Your Teutonic twosome are terrific my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back