What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sunrise in NH with the Gec 21
C7jKLxn.jpg

What a view! 😎

Hope everyone is having a good day!
DPSVYoy.jpg
ThLr8Gn.jpg

Both your TC and your notebook are looking well used. I love those pocket-sized notebooks, but my biggest complaint about the Field Notes brand is that the covers are not particularly durable (despite the claim they have printed on them).

I agree, Barrett. :thumbsup::) But Earl and Pearl were knives that came to visit some of us in our home locations and we took them around to some of the local sites, while I'm contemplating whether taking my Black Angus sodbuster to a relatively remote location just for a photo with a related steakhouse is worth the investment of resources. :eek:

A valid point, GT! 😉😁

Have this one in my pocket today :

Looking good, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't forget a little holiday decorating in the shop :thumbsup:
X9HeWk.jpg

Eleanor would approve of the shop decorations, Paul. 🙂 Over the last few weeks she’s been building a mental database of all the Halloween decorations in our neighborhood, and now whenever we’re driving home we have to make several unnecessary turns in order to look at them all. 🙄😁

I had a busy weekend and I’m just getting caught up. I carried this Case pen knife yesterday. It’s pictured here on a big pile of paper micarta that will be the top layer on the skate ramp I’m making.

RHdvFya.jpg

That’s awesome! If, for some reason, you ever disassemble the skate ramp, you should send some of the weathered, scuffed Micarta to GEC. They could call it “Skate Park Paper Micarta” and use this for a blade etch. 😁

2vMEmJD.jpg

That pocket slip is too cool! 😎:thumbsup:

One of my favourites that I use,if it was my only knife I wouldn't mind.

Slim,light,sharp and best of all easy for me to open

Her sister (my spare new one) I posted in trade to the USA today.

I like that its coals to Newcastle, an American vet trading with a much older (but don't tell anyone) English vet.

The slips I get from the Ukraine,they are all very polite when you deal with them and the quality is top notch,they love what they do.

I ordered a slightly modified one yesterday for my new Trapper nothing is to much trouble for him.

have a good day one and all.

Those #74’s are excellent knives.

The AJ has been a difficult one to bump from the pocket - it's probably one of my favorite knives that GEC has produced this year.

Had some weatherizing to do today before some significant stormy weather gets in. The AJ is a heck of a knife and gets the job done.

DRlbYtN.jpg

I completely agree, Dylan. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. :thumbsup:

I normally carry the same knife for a few days, maybe a week, but this one’s going on week four now.

8yEZTh2.jpg

I really like that big ‘un, Jack! The proportions look just right, and the rosewood ain’t bad, either!
Thanks a lot Matt, it's a knife I always enjoy carrying :) :thumbsup:
Your stag HHB and the special clasp knife give you an auspicious start for the week, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack. I'm really glad I still have my first knife! :)
I like the looks of your denim micarta carbon half-hawk! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I may have to hunt one of those down at my current favorite RR dealer.
Thanks for the kind words Gary :) The only reason I haven't carried that RR more is that I just have too many knives! :rolleyes: :D I think you'll like it though :) :thumbsup:
Do your neighbors consume their quince fruit? We didn't get much fruit from our bush this year, compared to many previous years, but we rarely eat them anyway. (I'll bet a quince would be invincible for the conkers game! ;) )

I seem to be stuck in a "week behind" time warp with the Guardians thread. If I can ever catch up again, I have an interplanetary lambsfoot adventure I'd like to share! 😲 😁
They do, they've even given me a few before. I'm not sure how they went on this year, but all the other fruit seemed to do well here this year. They offered me some pears, but I forgot to go back and get them, I was too busy picking blackberries! :D I need to start making crumble again, as my fridge is full of them! :D I like the sound of your interplanetary Lambsfoot adventure! Definitely looking forward to that :cool: :thumbsup:

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Klaas mini canoe:
View attachment 1664642

Big Knife of the Week is a 1967 Buck 110 that my auto mechanic brother kept in his toolbox for decades and gave me about 4 years ago:
View attachment 1664648

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Schrade USA 93OT Wrangler (thanks for the GAW, Fausto):
View attachment 1664649

- GT
Three great knives there buddy, I always admire your Klaas Mini Canoe, and the Wrangler looks like a great user :) :thumbsup:
Lunch time. Happy Thursday, All!

eRvKNIL.jpeg
Fantastic-looking sammich Mike, and a fabulous knife too :) :thumbsup:
Top quality quintet Jer :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Toting a couple old redbone Barlows today :)
Wow JJ, spectacular! :cool: Great pairing too my friend :) :thumbsup:
Carried these two today...
mhfoBGr.jpeg
Smashing pairing Dennis, and it's great to see you here :) :thumbsup:
Peanutish knife this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1665155

Stag/Horn knife this week is a JJ Martinez stag navaja de campaña:
View attachment 1665157

Lambsfoot knife this week is a Chinese Schrade 19OT I call Lambshark:
View attachment 1665158

- GT
Three very cool knives Gary :) :thumbsup:

Victorinox SAK 1977 in my pocket around the house.

I use the awl a lot,today it was making pilot holes for screws in my back gate.

Original Britool spanners are as good as any make and still going strong, I had them from new must be 35 years now.

The mines sign is one of a massive batch I took into Mostar when it was one of the most dangerous places to go,particulary in a big white UN truck.

Great pairing, Jeff!👍👍

You got all the bases covered with that fine looking trio, Gary!😃👍

Such a capable single bladed knife, sure are worthy of daily regular carry!
Love the blue thread you used on your slip, John!🤠👍 really killing it with those slips my friend!

Great looking pocket-O-Knives Todd!😎👍

A true friend in a time of distress! Yourva good man, Jeff!

Carried these two today...
mhfoBGr.jpeg
Hiya Dennis! Thanks, my friend!
And speaking of nice pair...

That’s awesome! If, for some reason, you ever disassemble the skate ramp, you should send some of the weathered, scuffed Micarta to GEC. They could call it “Skate Park Paper Micarta” and use this for a blade etch. 😁

2vMEmJD.jpg
That would be cool. The material is richlite, which I’m not sure if GEC has used, but I know Case uses it. It’s funny you thought of that blade etch, because my name is actually Bart.

So many nice knives and photos, everybody. :thumbsup:
Had our first frost, a light one, but it’s coming!
It’s not going to hurt a lot in my garden, as most of what I still have growing is cold tolerant, but the last straggling cherry tomatoes and cucumbers might be done.

And I suppose I’d better bring in all those peppers that are out there.

Frost on the Lamb Ear...3E35ABDE-48B7-49BA-AA5B-3FAEC3828032.jpegI picked a new pocket mate for BF Barlow. I cannot go too many days without a TL-29.
E967BE7F-5D5C-4EB9-9A21-8AC1AD0DA736.jpegAnd the Victorinox that I mistakenly called a Wenger recently.3BCE28CE-1075-4838-A488-D1E405025970.jpegHave a pretty decent day!

Such a capable single bladed knife, sure are worthy of daily regular carry!
Thank you, Dennis. :)
Love the blue thread you used on your slip, John!🤠👍 really killing it with those slips my friend!
Thanks again, Dennis. :) :)
That's a very cool pairing, my friend. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Oh my, isn't that Swayback Jack just beautiful. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Love the Lamb, Jack... and the pairing is perfect. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Back