What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

HtvT9wh.jpg

I gave an involuntary whimper at reading this. I can’t get warm enough right now.
And your salmon soup sounds so good.
I have some quarts of turkey stock that I canned from two carcasses back in November. I need to make a soup.

This knife will stay on me until this covid is gone. I toted it for several weeks in early ‘20 while recovering from acute appendicitis and an appendectomy. So is there healing power in smooth yellow bone? Yes, there is.View attachment 1722485View attachment 1722484

I woke around 6:00 am and logged on here for a bit. Then put the phone down and next thing I knew it was 1:00 pm.

Got the alert that my daughter’s test is also positive.😔 Poor girl. She’s non verbal, so it’s hard for her to say how much she hurts.

She seems to be faring better than her old man which is a blessing.

Hope you all have a blessed day!
Our prayers are for you and your daughter Jeff . Get well soon my friend .

Harry

I gave an involuntary whimper at reading this. I can’t get warm enough right now.
I have some quarts of turkey stock that I canned from two carcasses back in November. I need to make a soup.

This knife will stay on me until this covid is gone. I toted it for several weeks in early ‘20 while recovering from acute appendicitis and an appendectomy. So is there healing power in smooth yellow bone? Yes, there is.View attachment 1722485View attachment 1722484

I woke around 6:00 am and logged on here for a bit. Then put the phone down and next thing I knew it was 1:00 pm.

Got the alert that my daughter’s test is also positive.😔 Poor girl. She’s non verbal, so it’s hard for her to say how much she hurts.

Hey Jeff, wishing you and your daughter a speedy recovery, it's a bugger and can wreak havoc on some and not so much on others but if it gets a firm grip on you it is miserable. Get well my friend.

I hope you've faced the worst of it and are on the road to feeling better Jeff. Just as important, I hope your daughter doesn't get hit hard with symptoms. I have a non verbal granddaughter with autism and I know it can be difficult on the parents knowing her comfort level during an illness. Wishing the very best for you both.

I’m so sorry to hear this and my best wishes and prayers go out to you and your daughter.

Thank you, Dave. :)
I wish the pivot pin wasn't buggered up, but then I probably would have had to pay 3X as much for it.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: that tiny detail on an amazing knife, fogetaboutit;):D
I immediately thought about my WCSB Canoe also, love the Queen City
Queen City in Stag, single spring.

PkrfYD3.jpg
And this one also, LOL:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks guys !!! I definitely am not home in "The City". Port visits multiple times to the Big Apple and once to Boston during my past military career. Most grateful for the visit opportunities.

New York is AMAZING. Statue of Liberty looked so small, out there in the bay, from atop the World Trade Center towers.
My last visit was after 9/11 and I traded ship's patches and Chief's Mess challenge coins with NYPD and NYFD for their patches. Never forget.

Some most kind Bostonians bought myself and a shipmate (liberty buddy) lunch and an adult beverage at the oldest oyster house in America. I also received a personal guided tour of the USS Constitution.
I was told that after the centuries and rebuild/refits, the only original part left of the USS Constitution is the keel. Below decks, a hatch was removed and I was allowed to examine and touch the keel.
The USS Constitution Command Master Chief gave me a USS Constitution Chief's Mess challenge coin that I totally cherish.

In a bar one night, a fella gave me the "Round TUIT" with advertisement for his business on the other side. I laughed and laughed, bought him a beer. It surely did bring back nice childhood memories.

I had a preconceived notion of "Yankees" and was completely wrong. The people I found in Boston and New York were honest (sometimes brutally LOL), open, warm and friendly. And very patriotic.
It isn't for the people at all, I couldn't live there. I just don't thrive living is such a populous area. Wasn't the way I was raised, with a dirt road a mile away in any direction. Even growing up on a dirt road until they finally paved it.

Forever tied by blood and service, mine AND my father's tags ...

H74wJYW.jpg
Thanks for sharing a small snippet of a life well lived and thanks for your service to the citizenry Brother!
Hope all’s well with everyone !!
Today’s flavour is black liquorice… maybe for tomorrow as well…
View attachment 1720001
A great and safe one to All:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
WOW, nice Southington:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot mate, that pic really shows off the character of your AR Lamb :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pairing Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Dynamic duo :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Mr P :) :thumbsup:

Great-looking Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Superb pairing Todd :thumbsup:

Definitely John :) Isn't it great seeing all these Lambsfoot knives here in the EDC thread? :cool: Half a dozen years ago, I doubt that one in 20 members were even aware of the pattern :) :thumbsup:

Carrying an old friend, and a new friend today :) Have a good Friday everyone :thumbsup:

e1GtsYQ.jpg

s0SafG3.jpg
You have great friends, new and old:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
You're super lucky to have that one Dave:cool: Grand knife, the shield and jigging are similar to Black Box Winchester knives, it really suits the pattern. One of 25 eh? That's narrowed down my chances to 23 left out here...another Forumite was using his right from the start. Enjoy this day:thumbsup:

Thanks, Will
Thanks Will, I really appreciate the kind words and interest, and I do feel fortunate to own some of the older GEC's
Wow! Just outstanding.
Thanks!!!! :D
This beauty will be part of the carry today and always look forward to it !
YBPXWV4.jpg
Everytime I see this all I can think of is BEAUTIFUL:thumbsup:
Great looking 78 and great stag, I always admire it, (Hope I got it right)
Good Morning Porch Friends
Hope you all have a Blessed Sunday
Hope you have a Blessed Sunday also JohnDF JohnDF , your lambfoot just gets better all the time.
View attachment 1722348Not a Beer Scout with this TC but a Diamond Radio Jack. IM (not so) HO this pair from 2014 well represent GEC’s high-water mark in terms of great offerings…two of Mr. CC’s finest as well.
Always enjoy seeing your collection!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::)

Oh no!!!, so sorry to hear about you and your daughter. I sincerly hope you recover and feel better soon.
I just got back from my Mother's celebration of life yesterday and I was amazed at how many people had to miss it, including my brother and sister who tested positive right before the event and they are out of state.
I appreciate the encouraging canoe comments, Todd & Jeremy & Dave & John & Jack. :)

- GT
Well deserved Gary, always love seeing them!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Cornwall Knife Company, I have read 30's era, Camillus Cutlery made. sorry for the not so great photos.
3l6jEiX.jpg

itlRXnT.jpg

XJH8tM4.jpg

No, I’ve had that Buffalo horn sod buster for a couple years Bart, but I haven’t had it out for a long time. It’s probably been since the playoffs last year. Shame on me because it’s a beautiful knife and very well made. 😊👍
I didn’t recognize it. It looks like a nice one. 👍

More comments on quotes over a week old; obligation is a harsh mistress (apologies to Heinlein)! :rolleyes::(

Big-league brace of Böker barrel Barlows, Todd! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I try not to offer excuses so I can dodge chores, I just grumble piteously while doing some of those chores. 🤓
You and yours are in my prayers, Jeff, regarding the COVID infections. I was a little worried earlier in the week when you reported being under the weather, since the latest version of this plague is spreading like wildfire recently.

Practical and pretty pair, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good wood on a couple of appealing nearly-current models, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I always want to acknowledge the fine canoes that folks post here! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate the encouraging canoe comments, Todd & Jeremy & Dave & John & Jack. :)

Splendid curved Barlow, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'm sure you're right, Jeff, and I wouldn't even know what I was missing. But, having been made aware of the vast variety of traditional pocket knives that exist, I sure am glad I've had the chance to enjoy some of that variety! 🤓

H😲LY C😲W, Gus! That Remington on a post post is positively provocative!:cool::thumbsup::cool:

I started thinking about what you wrote, Bart, and realized that a graph of the number of knives I've owned as a function of time (over the past 70 years) would look a LOT like the graph of total COVID cases in the US over the past 2 years, with a lot of steeply climbing surges interspersed with relatively "flat" sections where I'm between my orders of multiple knives at a time, and COVID is between infectious surges.

Tremendous trio, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Saluatary sowbelly, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those two make a great team, Todd! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Are you aware of this thread? 😁
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...should-the-peanuts-get-all-the-glory.1150235/

Pair of Jacks wins the pot, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

You sure take some superbly detailed photos, Kevin! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Thank you very much. I try my best to take thr best pictures i can.

Amazing how handy they are, isn't it?
I've had this shorter Toferner "Celtic Pocket Knife" hanging from my neck 24/7 (except when in the shower) since it arrived November 04, last year. I'm thinking of getting their "Odin's Raven" or "Thor's Hammer" or large Ram or Snail forged belt knife sometime this year. I doubt I'll put the Celtic pocket knife on a shelf or in a cigar box, if I do. 😊
View attachment 1722420
They are very handy indeed. I’ve fallen in live with the pattern. I have actually ordered 2 more. Everything checks out for me, craftsmanships, good steel and a very nice seller too.

I was looking at one of those ‘one fingered’ one’s? Haha. I’m not sure on them though because they look to me like I wouldn’t get a good grip on them.

Thanks for the testimonial about your Boker Plus Atlas, Jack. :)
Your bagel comment reminds me that I drank a Christmas gift beer this week that was called something like cinnamon roll stout. It definitely smelled and tasted similar to a cinnamon roll, a bakery product I enjoy, but not one I want to taste in my stout! :rolleyes: 🤓
I know what you mean Gary, I like curry, but I was once unfortunate enough to taste a curry-flavoured beer! :barf:
Carrying 18-20 knives each day should keep my prep status at top level! :rolleyes: 😁
:D :thumbsup:
Felt like totin' a couple of small knives today - a Schrade Cut. Co. Sleeveboard and Lon Humphrey Whitetail Hunter:
View attachment 1722287

View attachment 1722286
Stunning pair Mr P :cool: :thumbsup:
Today, I'll spend time getting to know this new arrival...

g5dyRyp.jpg
Congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Really hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon Jeff 🤞 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Carried this guy all weekend. Surprising how often i've found myself using the little fork.

RppFofX.jpg

9AJ3E4k.jpg

v99UzWC.jpg
That's a superb Christopher Johnson, and in excellent condition from the look of it :cool: The fork is a cigar fork :thumbsup:
Thanks a bunch, Jack!!! :)

You've got a wonderful pair of Waynorth slicers for your Sunday; super cool photography, too! ;) :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you for your very kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:
Toting this stag covered all-in-one slicer for Sunday. :)
I always enjoy marvelling at your super slicer JJ, such a cool knife :) :thumbsup:
Fantastic photo Taylor, glad you had such a great trip :) :thumbsup:
The fallen yellow leaves of the Chinese Maidenhair Tree made for one incredible backdrop. Check out Merle’s adventures in Los Angeles:

Post in thread 'On the Road Again with Merle'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/on-the-road-again-with-merle.1816024/post-20969428

upY9hSU.jpg
I've been enjoying following Merle's travels :) :thumbsup:
You have great friends, new and old:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Cornwall Knife Company, I have read 30's era, Camillus Cutlery made. sorry for the not so great photos.
3l6jEiX.jpg

itlRXnT.jpg

XJH8tM4.jpg
Thanks a lot Dave, that's an interesting knife :cool: :thumbsup:
More fun in the snow today with my Alox SAK.

yrtLhn4.jpg

w6qUtP8.jpg
Beautiful photos :) :thumbsup:

Starting my week with my Hartshead Barlow, and something for Metal Monday :) Have a good one folks, and I hope you enjoy your day off in the USA :) :thumbsup:

KlSQJUo.jpg

VuNsn1l.jpg

Back