What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

zqjFqxk.jpg

b4vB3ZD.jpg

This 48 went right into the pocket when I got it yesterday and it's still there today. It's a great knife, just a little longer than a Case mini trapper but with a pen blade instead of the spey. The 47 seemed like a good companion.

XXgO3Bg.jpg
How are you liking your garnet #48? I snagged one as well, and I'm very pleased with it! Something about the simplicity of the Tidioute finish/shield and the color really sings, IMO!!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ» I find the extra-long pen blade to be oddly cool, as well. 😎
G & H
GEC and Hibbard, Spencer & Bartlett ( sounds like a law firm)
Great pair, Bob!! I didn't even know that particular GEC existed. 😳 Also, I'm pretty sure I used Hibbard, Spencer, and Bartlett for my last speeding ticket (somehow my speedometer malfunctioned πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ). They're good to go! πŸ‘πŸ»

Last edited:
How are you liking your garnet #48? I snagged one as well, and I'm very pleased with it! Something about the simplicity of the Tidioute finish/shield and the color really sings, IMO!!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

P.S. Are you thirsty??
I love it! For years I’ve tried to love the Case mini trapper and although I like it, the spey blade just doesn’t do it for me. This is the answer I’ve been looking for. At just a little bit longer than a mini trapper, it has a decent sized pen blade secondary with the cool muskrat style clip main. The shield is awesome and so is the satin blade, it should take a great patina. The Garnet ESPL covers are nice and rich looking. I might try to get a bone version Northfield, but I’m guessing the lightweight of the ESPL will get more pocket time.

Thirsty? Not any more! 🀣🀣🀣 We just got a pallet of this water delivered at work today. πŸ˜‹

I love it! For years I’ve tried to love the Case mini trapper and although I like it, the spey blade just doesn’t do it for me. This is the answer I’ve been looking for. At just a little bit longer than a mini trapper, it has a decent sized pen blade secondary with the cool muskrat style clip main. The shield is awesome and so is the satin blade, it should take a great patina. The Garnet ESPL covers are nice and rich looking. I might try to get a bone version Northfield, but I’m guessing the lightweight of the ESPL will get more pocket time.

Thirsty? Not any more! 🀣🀣🀣 We just got a pallet of this water delivered at work today. πŸ˜‹
πŸ˜‚ Glad you've quenched your thirst, my friend! I agree 100% on the #48!!! The "weird" clip and the spey combo on my mini just don't do it for me either. However, I do own one (in jigged chestnut, of course πŸ₯°). I've found the regular trapper (Case, Schrade, etc.) to be bit too long for daily carry, but I'm not regularly skinning game. Are any of us?!? This one seems to be a near perfect compromise. πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

Great pair, Bob!! I didn't even know that particular GEC existed. 😳 Also, I'm pretty sure I used Hibbard, Spencer, and Bartlett for my last speeding ticket (somehow my speedmeter malfunctioned πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ). They're good to go! πŸ‘πŸ»
Thanks kindly Chris. The GEC is a recover gifted by Paul.
I hate speed limits. I used to get it out of my system at the drag strips. Unfortunately, both have closed in my state.πŸ˜’

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to the REME museums first ever tour to see the reserve collection.

That is vehicles being repaired or held back as not enough room in the main museum.

Though not my originals these are 2 knives I carried in service.

The clasp knife I took with me when in the field and the electrians knife I kept in my pocket or tool box.

They are both from 1952 so selected them as it seemed fitting, I still have my issued 1979 Electricians pen knive but keep it at home.

The 432 APC engine/gearbox "pack" on the floor when coupled to the vehicle can be run in that position.

It is a job I did in the Army (and partly why I am hard of hearing) we could change a Pack within an hour and have the vehicle moving again.

There was a lot of recovery vehicles,I often worked with the recovery mechanics.

If I couldnt fix it or it was stuck we towed it,I didnt have a licence and was untrained but often drove (things where different then).

I often did recovery by myself on the 432 APCs with just an "A frame"towed with my own 432.

I was the fitter for an Armoured infantry company of said vehicle,I never had a track licence or training after a while they just gave it to me.

Not being big headed but I was a good driver (I never got stuck or threw a track) and a good 432 mechanic they where basic vehicle just heavy/hard work.

You needed something to open the spares boxes as they where packed to survive years of storage and even falling in water.

If we didn't have a knife we used a screwdriver.

The old Lanny was built for the Queen mother.

The tank outside is a heavy beast made to stand up to the Russian equivilent.

FV 214 Conqueror, also known as Tank, Heavy No. 1, 120 mm Gun, Conqueror

Yesterday I went to the REME museums first ever tour to see the reserve collection.

That is vehicles being repaired or held back as not enough room in the main museum.

The clasp knife I took with me when in the field and the electrians knife I kept in my pocket or tool box.

They are both from 1952 so selected them as it seemed fitting, I still have my issued 1979 Electricians pen knive but keep it at home.

The 432 APC engine/gearbox "pack" on the floor when coupled to the vehicle can be run in that position.

It is a job I did in the Army (and partly why I am hard of hearing) we could change a Pack within an hour and have the vehicle moving again.

There was a lot of recovery vehicles,I often worked with the recovery mechanics.

If I couldnt fix it or it was stuck we towed it,I didnt have a licence and was untrained but often drove (things where different then).

I often did recovery by myself on the 432 APCs with just an "A frame"towed with my own 432.

I was the fitter for an Armoured infantry company of said vehicle,I never had a track licence or training after a while they just gave it to me.

Not being big headed but I was a good driver (I never got stuck or threw a track) and a good 432 mechanic they where basic vehicle just heavy/hard work.

You needed something to open the spares boxes as they where packed to survive years of storage and even falling in water.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing !

Thanks for the tour, Johnny! Great pictures!πŸ‘πŸ»

Back