What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Yesterday I went to the REME museums first ever tour to see the reserve collection.

That is vehicles being repaired or held back as not enough room in the main museum.

Though not my originals these are 2 knives I carried in service.

The clasp knife I took with me when in the field and the electrians knife I kept in my pocket or tool box.

They are both from 1952 so selected them as it seemed fitting, I still have my issued 1979 Electricians pen knive but keep it at home.

The 432 APC engine/gearbox "pack" on the floor when coupled to the vehicle can be run in that position.

It is a job I did in the Army (and partly why I am hard of hearing) we could change a Pack within an hour and have the vehicle moving again.

There was a lot of recovery vehicles,I often worked with the recovery mechanics.

If I couldnt fix it or it was stuck we towed it,I didnt have a licence and was untrained but often drove (things where different then).

I often did recovery by myself on the 432 APCs with just an "A frame"towed with my own 432.

I was the fitter for an Armoured infantry company of said vehicle,I never had a track licence or training after a while they just gave it to me.

Not being big headed but I was a good driver (I never got stuck or threw a track) and a good 432 mechanic they where basic vehicle just heavy/hard work.

You needed something to open the spares boxes as they where packed to survive years of storage and even falling in water.

If we didn't have a knife we used a screwdriver.

The old Lanny was built for the Queen mother.

The tank outside is a heavy beast made to stand up to the Russian equivilent.

FV 214 Conqueror, also known as Tank, Heavy No. 1, 120 mm Gun, Conqueror

Thank you for the photos. The tracked "jeep" looks like it can go anywhere

Another foggy day in the City by the Bay! Typical summer weather for this area of the City. If we’re lucky it clear by noon. Going to see an Orthopedic Hand Surgeon about my index finger that just won’t heal. Keeping me company the usual lamb and Case SB. Have a great day folks! 😀
View attachment 2557900View attachment 2557901
Good luck with the hand issue. I hope they get you sorted out well!

I've got two of his, along with two Jennings. I think Dean's multi bladed folders are where he really shines. I have had some great chats with Grayson too, and look forward to meeting him at Blade this year.
From my contact with Jennings, he is very eager to learn. He actually had a hump on the spine of this knife. He was gracious enough to work and eliminate it.

If you don't mind my asking, who made this knife?

Awesome! I'm glad to see another one in action 😃
Mines been putting in a fair bit of work for Mrs. Hoovie🌹
Who says all tools need to be plain? It's nice to bring out something good looking to work with every once & awhile 👍

(Previously posted pic)
view

I've got these 2 in the pockets today for Wood Wednesday!
The 78 is a recent acquisition from GEC's 2017 run. It's my first 78, and I think the size is great for just dropping in a pocket.
The K'roo is just a fantastic carry, as well as being gorgeous to look at!

WoodWed.jpg

I've got these 2 in the pockets today for Wood Wednesday!
The 78 is a recent acquisition from GEC's 2017 run. It's my first 78, and I think the size is great for just dropping in a pocket.
The K'roo is just a fantastic carry, as well as being gorgeous to look at!

View attachment 2557973
I've never seen that lambsfoot type blade on a K'roo, looks great!

Last edited:
Back