What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Han4D1RQ_o.jpg
iRLaCOjj_o.jpg

Case 6318 Mediterranean blue stockman
Striking shade of blue! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Couple C Johnson knives

Aged and auspicious! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'm toting these three today as I picked them up while browsing antique malls.

View attachment 2556821

Uncle Henry Rancher.. I think, says Schrade+ USA 834UH

Anvil double pen with a cool etched handle, says Anvil stainless USA

Imperial, not sure the model or handle, says Imperial USA Prov. RI
Big-league bonanza! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

This one is brand new to me, and I’ve been admiring it since getting home from work today. Love the tiny little tip bolsters. Makes the knife feel just a bit classy.

IMG-3756.jpg

Very fine construction all around and an excellently executed splitback (just look at how nicely that wedge tapers).

IMG-3757.jpg

I must admit though, I don’t know much about Keen Kutter. I just had to have it when I saw it and have not done much research into it. I’m not really finding much about the maker and I’m a bit stumped as to the age and origin of this one.

REQUESTING ANY HELP IN DATING THIS ONE

I know this may not be the right place but I appreciate any help here or someone pointing me in the right direction.

Here’s the tang stamp on the main blade. Notice the “horns” at the top of the wedge. The stamp reads “E.C. SIMMONS / KEEN / KUTTER” and I’m not able to see if there is anything lower on the stamp as it’s covered by the body of the knife in all positions. I can’t really place this specific stamp.

IMG-3754.jpg

And both smaller blades have a scaled down version of the same stamp on them. Again, note the very small “horns” at the top of the wedge.

IMG-3755.jpg

Super appreciative of any information anyone may have. My best guess based on the look and construction of the knife is early 1900s, but I’d like to try to get a date range or even narrow it down further?

Editing to add: the back of the main blade has the number 3681T stamped on it.
Kongrats on the killer Keen Kutter! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stunning stag on your toothpick, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks my friend, and yes, I do feel connected with something greater down by the river.
:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

BF2-B18-DD-A46-D-4839-A086-31-CB9633-B394.jpg

This old whittler has been sitting on my dresser ever since @Jakeywax31 gave it to me at the knife show in March. Words don’t quite cut it Paul, but thank you.

I am not usually one of those “this came in the mail today, so straight in the pocket” kind of guys. This one’s been sitting on top of my dresser getting picked up and inspected every day. Ok, lovingly fondled.
Time to carry it.
Beginning of a love affair…
That pair is pretty as a picture; always a treat for me to see the wood on that lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Imperial & Camillus today .
View attachment 2557454
Fantastic faux stag! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(No clue why I like fake stag so much. o_O)

This pair is great, Gary. GEC nailed the EO jack. It’s a perfect tribute to my Grandpa’s old Camillus.
Thanks, Jeff. :)
I don't remember ever seeing that pattern when I was a kid, but the first time I ever saw one here I thought it HAD to be a classic jack pattern.

Been carrying this 3 1/4" Simmons jack for the last couple of weeks.

Venerable and vivid! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Superb sowbelly! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

G & H
GEC and Hibbard, Spencer & Bartlett ( sounds like a law firm)
I & J
Ibberson lamb/ Jennings
Bob, you're presenting alphabetical pairs with panache!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Back