What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Absolutely fascinating! Lots of honey goodness heading your way? Love that Plowman... ;)
Thanks! & Hopefully, we're still new at beekeeping. There's a whole lot of knowledge to be had. It's definitely a fun & interesting experience.
The Plowman has been a favorite of mine, I'm glad I was able to snag it. I was just looking for a dog's head & ran across it. I didn't even know they made a large jack to be honest.

Btw, Thanks again for the info about it 👍

R & S
Robeson & Schrade
I sure like the Pre-Depression/Pre-War jigging by Robeson, NYKC, CATT, Russel, and Camillus, among others.
Seems most of today's jigging can't hold a candle to it ... too symetrical/lined up in rows and columns.

----___----
New knife in today from RickHuf RickHuf (Thanks again) so a change in carry is required.

New: Antonini (large) Old Bear with American Walnut handle and w1.4060 nitrogen stainless steel blade, and use optional blade lock in the closed or open position.
The lock looks and feels much stronger than the Opinel's, and there is zero chance or probability of the lock popping off the knife.
Stropped and dropped into pocket.
I "think" the Old Bear will be as good a slicer as an Opinel and/or MAM.

Returning Knives Y'all seen b4:
IMPERIAL FRONTIER Double Eagle Stockman. (Effectively a stainless 8OT with brass bolsters and rosewood(?) covers)

Buck 60th Anniversary 110. (still in the wrong aftermarket stud closure sheath that can't scratch/mar the knife contained.)
IMG_20240428_075559.jpg
Not Shown:
Toferner medieval style Celtic/Norse/"Viking" non-folding neck/pocket knife. (a constant since 11/04/21.)
Vic Huntsman.

Aside from the Toferner, everything has 1 designation or another "Stain-Less" blade(s).

OqiDEGy.jpg

Sweet pair Bob ! 😍
Thanks kindly Steve.👍🏻
Might as well break out one of your best cigars later on. To go with your Sunday Best Knives.🤙
I may have to get one Jeff. A beautiful day here to enjoy one.
I sure like the Pre-Depression/Pre-War jigging by Robeson, NYKC, CATT, Russel, and Camillus, among others.
Seems most of today's jigging can't hold a candle to it ... too symetrical/lined up in rows and columns.

----___----
I totally agree with your jigging assessment. A skill that is disappearing.

... Looks like the orthopedic hand surgeon finally diagnosed my index finger problem yesterday. Says it’s being caused by calcium buildup on the joint from gout. Need to start taking medication for it and change my diet. We will see 🤞. Have a great day folks! 😀
I hope the latest diagnosis leads to getting your finger healed, Dan. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Is a major diet change necessary, or something not too drastic?

Happy #tbt

Baxter Lamb and a Camillus #70 Cattle knife, thanks Duncan @Campbellclanman !

keukmd5.jpg
Bone bonanza, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Couple of first-class knives, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’ve said this before but this may actually be the greatest thread on any Internet forum in existence.
:cool::cool:😁 Certainly Top Ten (and I can't point you toward 9 better threads).

Large Craftsman stockman today.

No3rDgC.jpg
Terrific texture on that one, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The wonderful barrel knife today. Been enjoying a vacation, it's nice to have some time away from work.
View attachment 2559546
I have one of those (with oak handle) and think it's a superb knife! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's a handsome knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
But my eyes aren't good enough to identify it for sure. o_O Is it some kind of Case camp knife with orange acrylic (or celluloid) covers?

2 Wright's today.
My Dad always told me that 2 Wrights don't make a Rong, or something like that. :rolleyes:;)🤓

M, N & O
May's, Northwood & Opinel.
Terrific three-nation triple play, Bob! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P & Q
John Primble & Queen
Great job of minding your Ps and Qs! :thumbsup:🤓:thumbsup:

- GT

I hope the latest diagnosis leads to getting your finger healed, Dan. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks GT! Just more fruits and fiber.

Bone bonanza, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Couple of first-class knives, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::cool:😁 Certainly Top Ten (and I can't point you toward 9 better threads).

Terrific texture on that one, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I have one of those (with oak handle) and think it's a superb knife! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's a handsome knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
But my eyes aren't good enough to identify it for sure. o_O Is it some kind of Case camp knife with orange acrylic (or celluloid) covers?

My Dad always told me that 2 Wrights don't make a Rong, or something like that. :rolleyes:;)🤓

Terrific three-nation triple play, Bob! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great job of minding your Ps and Qs! :thumbsup:🤓:thumbsup:

- GT
I was born on a mountain top in Tennessee greenest state in the land of the free…I was raised in the woods so I knew every tree…kilt me barr when I was only three. Had to use a pointy stick cause my Ma wouldn’t let me have a real knife until I was five 😜. My birthday is on my profile page I’ll let you all do the math.😀

Back