What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Menefee dogleg jack is with me on this cold, wet day.

attachment.php

Kris

Catching up on this thread... loving all the GEC Viper pics! Making me antsy... can't wait to order my own!!!

These just came in the mail, and went straight into the pocket. Ordered them from Spain, in early Feb., but the package sat in Customs for about a month before finally making its way to me.)

First is the Joker ring-pull. Olive wood handle, which has lots of nice grain to it, and a ring-pull lock. I've been after a ring-pull knife of higher quality than my Okapi for ages, and finally found a couple Spanish brands that make them. This one's a Joker, and the next one I plan to try is a Cudemann - slightly larger than this one. This one is going to see a lot of pocket time, I predict, and I'm looking forward to watching the wood darken with use.

1871eed2-e322-430d-a79b-4896f9a5faac.jpg

Second is a traditional Spanish navaja with a lever to lift the lock (I think they call it "palanquilla"). Horn handles, blade profile is known as "punta de espada" or "sword point." The handle frame on this one is made of cast aluminum, making the bolsters "integral." Very light, and should be plenty strong.

0bbef6dc-894d-4ee9-968d-079f58698909.jpg

You can see the time on my watch. Just got back from running errands with this on me and snapped this pic.

DailyCarry_zps23d48dd9.jpg~original

Now that I'm home, I'm relaxing with some butter & molasses in my pocket.

GampMopen_zps39a30cbb.jpg~original

Beautiful!! Looks quite stout.

Thanks Gev :) It's really only a tad larger in the handle than the Viper, but with the handle swell reversed it fills my hand nicely...blades are pretty close in size as well.

Just my humble Otter Weber Messer, a great gift from Papa Andi :thumbup:

I noticed it had a ding so I used the little pocket steel to give it a tickle.

Nice Otter scruff! They look to be great knives :thumbup:

Very nice work there Old Boy! :thumbup:

Draft horse today

Beautiful bone and great photo! :thumbup:

Change in the lineup.....

Gotta run to town this afternoon so pulling the GEC combo off the bench! (still a SAK in the console for bkup) ;)

2GEC2_zps3d5a6ad4.jpg

Back