What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lovely, indeed! May I ask the maker?

Sorry I should have put that in my original post. It's a Queen-made Northwoods, which is a bit more obvious when you see the front.

y75pwgT.jpg

They are indeed. I have a wicked edge on that Joker now....the spring better keep holding! ;)

That Acme Tornado whistle is super bright. I struggled to mute it's glow.

They are indeed. I have a wicked edge on that Joker now....the spring better keep holding! ;)

That's good to hear :thumbup: Hope it holds up, if you break this one, there won't be anymore! :D :thumbup:

Taken the other day on Whidbey Island from a 109 year old lodge on Penn Cove. A great way to beat the heat! Place is so rustic, they didn't even have a shot glass for my Patron! :rolleyes:

WCqS20Y.jpg

The "Capt. Whidbey Inn" from the Penn Cove side:

pCA5Mro.jpg

The building is post and beam construction with log infill, all cut off the property when the lodge was built in 1907. It's the real deal and pretty much all original with the exception of the later addition of electric lights and indoor plumbling.

UfO1He6.jpg

"Capt. Sills Tavern":

txKkfiH.jpg

These two today:

fpMNdUP.jpg

Well done everyone!

Thanks for the kind comments Gary.

Very nice Peregrin.

I went with this Wilhelm Weltersbach today. I thought it needed a little carry time.

NSZvHINl.jpg

DsemXw1l.jpg

Have a good day!

Ken K.

A traditional Japanese Aikuchi made by Bud Nealy about 25 years ago when he went full time is always with me and in my pocket the entire time, it was one of 7 knives he had brought to IIRC the first ECCKS in Jersey. I found this magazine in the basement the other day and saw the article and decided to take a pic with the knife I bought at that show.

Bud is local to me so I see him often at local shows and he's very happy to have people stop in his shop to say hello, every time I see him he compliments me on my knife and regales me with stories of how it was makin' knives in the old days. He's offered to buy this one back for many times over what I paid him for it, I always decline. ;) :)

1sPsk6Q.jpg

Nice Nealy, Ted. I've got one with olive wood covers and CPM-154 that I really like.

Well done everyone!

Thanks for the kind comments Gary.

Very nice Peregrin.

I went with this Wilhelm Weltersbach today. I thought it needed a little carry time.

NSZvHINl.jpg

DsemXw1l.jpg

Have a good day!

Ken K.

That must have a story or two to tell. Very nice, Ken!

Thanks, Ken, Jack and bonzodog for the comments on the Halfrich and tomatoes.

Barry Looks like an ideal place to contemplate the view, relax and enjoy a few drinks with a few knives.:D Just the job! :thumbup:

Thanks, Will

Thanks for the interest Peregrin and T. Erdelyi.

The device on the end is a shell puller. Used to remove shotgun shells from your shotgun once fired.

Have a good one!

Ken K.

Lots of folks here on the porch have shown a desire to acquire a #33 Conductor and since I've gotten mine, I can see why. Another beauty ~ P.

Alan

Taken the other day on Whidbey Island from a 109 year old lodge on Penn Cove. A great way to beat the heat! Place is so rustic, they didn't even have a shot glass for my Patron! :rolleyes:

The "Capt. Whidbey Inn" from the Penn Cove side:

pCA5Mro.jpg

What an amazing place! Thanks for sharing that.
There is just something about staying in an old place that feels great!

Thanks for the interest Peregrin and T. Erdelyi.

The device on the end is a shell puller. Used to remove shotgun shells from your shotgun once fired.

Have a good one!

Ken K.
I've never fired a shotgun that didn't have ejectors. I'm sure that saw a lot of use on the guns without ejectors.

Last edited:
Back