What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I have these two Case Chestnut CV knives with me this weekend! A Peanut and a SBJ that I rescued from the big auction site. The Peanut just this week and the SBJ probably three or four years ago. :)
37218753866_aedcf8ccf7_b_d.jpg

I have these two Case Chestnut CV knives with me this weekend! A Peanut and a SBJ that I rescued from the big auction site. The Peanut just this week and the SBJ probably three or four years ago. :)
37218753866_aedcf8ccf7_b_d.jpg
Looking sharp, Ron!! The swayback is smaller than i imagined next to that peanut.

Nice pics and knives, folks! Have a great weekend!
Same two in my pocket for the last few days, with a recycled pic too!
YrmFazY.jpg

I took this the other night while I was CF & CE the pinched peanut, in front of the boob tube. I'd spent some time honing the edge on a leather strop earlier.
vOzVoTV.jpg
Great photograph and those knives sing !!

I had a lovely shot of these three together on a piece of walnut, but the file size was too big to load, and when I tried to crop on my phone, it started cutting out parts of the knives. Frustrating. Finally get a decent shot, and I can't post it:D oh well.
Thanks, Neal

Yes I do!:D That's a mighty nice Sheepfoot your Totin! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron!

Oh love (cover )

tell me
whisper your tales
to me
shivers
never ending moments
don't want to know how it feels without you
spend another minute passing by you
tell me
tell me your tales
I wanna believe
that we're already here

8023363868_bbfdf83935_b.jpg

Poetry in word and knife! Most excellent, Gev. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today's carry, a difficult knife to leave home!

Queens for the day! Model 48 Balloon Whittler with Winterbottom bone handle (1948-1949) and a Model 31 Large Congress with imitation Winterbottom bone handle (1961-1971).

qN2z9Uz.jpg

- Stuart

One like from me is simply not enough for this brace of Queens :D:cool:

The 48 is a particularly good pattern and I'm really keen on my one, a much later model, in D2 and WCSB. Just a very satisfying pocket-knife:thumbsup: Wouldn't mind getting one in a decent Zebrawood too. That big Half Congress has gravitas:cool:

Thanks, Will

@5K Qs GT, according to information I gathered from reference material by John Goins and Richard Langston, respectively, the Presto was made by the George Schrade Knife Company, Bridgeport, CT, a company founded and run by George Schrade from 1929 until his death on September 9, 1940 (his son, George, and grandson, Theodore, continued running it until selling it to Boker in 1956). George had founded the Press Button Knife company on New York City, NY, in 1893. The Presto is an automatic opener (switchblade) based on a push button "safety knife" that he developed in 1906 with his brothers, Jacob and William, at the Schrade Cutlery Company, Walden, NY. The M-2 Paratrooper shown is a Presto model sold to the U. S. military under a WWII contract. Probably more than you wanted to know.
- Stuart
Does the button system switchblade works as supposed? That knife sure looks pristine to be from the 40's, congratulations.

One like from me is simply not enough for this brace of Queens :D:cool:

The 48 is a particularly good pattern and I'm really keen on my one, a much later model, in D2 and WCSB. Just a very satisfying pocket-knife:thumbsup: Wouldn't mind getting one in a decent Zebrawood too. That big Half Congress has gravitas:cool:

Thanks, Will
Thanks, Will. I'll post some more Queens soon, as I do enjoy carrying at least one of them each day. Most of mine are the older versions, but I'm anticipating getting one the newer ones, and I like D2.
- Stuart

Back