What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

xc70QFo.jpg
xc70QFo.jpg

Great Looking pics fellas. Carrying the 85 today:
4pRAqsZ.jpg
Astounding 85, pearl!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Not many knives better than a spear/coping EO teardrop, especially with that shield! :cool::thumbsup:

It has been awhile since this pair saw pocket time. That was remedied today! :D
30451031362_e28cb76db9_b_d.jpg
Bewitching covers on that pair, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that a GEC #73 with the delicious stag??

I've spent the last two days hiking with Barlows. Here are a few photos of my cutlery excursions.

Have a great weekend all!
ALL the photos and knives are captivating, Dean, but I must single out that Schrade Barlow for its consummate jigging! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

LOL! Who'd a thunk it?! :D Sounds good to me my friend! :D That's good to hear :) Me too, I was just thinking about it, turned out way better than I had hoped for :) I'm using mine, but not for fruit or kitchen duty yet ;) Thank you sir, an old Keen Kutter Peanut I am very fond of :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for paying attention to my daffy blathering, Jack! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup: I hope we can both put our Guardian Barlows into full service before year's end! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good stuff Gary!!!:thumbsup::D
Thanks, Ron! :) I've enjoyed, and benefitted from, carrying that eminent SBJr daily for almost 3 years, and I don't intend to stop now! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I think it goes back to elementary school. If another girl had the same outfit on, everyone would say "You're Twinsys!" Carrying the Girl Scout knife must be making me regress. Maybe I'll carry it through Thanksgiving, since my brothers will be visiting and we tend to revert to childish behavior anyway. :p
I recognized "twinsys" from my euphoric youth in coastal North Carolina (1950-1970). It sometimes led to double-dating.
- Stuart
I've led such a culturally-sheltered life, missing out on such felicitous phrases!! :confused::rolleyes:

Carrying my much loved Lloyd stacked leather Lannys today
34AA714D-955C-416E-9C52-FA4A3AF2E35E_zpsdzpmdc2c.jpeg
Drew, you sure have some distinctive, gorgeous knives!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great 85 and Lambsfoot Gary !!!
I'm honored by your kindness, Gev!! :):thumbsup:

I had my Coghlan's #8 in and out of pocket today.

CwwAqMc.jpg
Intriguing Opinel, mykel! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Do you know why the blade stamp differs from those of most Opinel knives we see posted here?

Some Snakeskin and Sambar Stag.

That's a jubilant sheath/knife snake/stag combo, F_r!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudos on the gleaming Wright, bonzodog! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Indoors with these two today. Hope y'all have a good one! :D
26724781749_38a010328c_b.jpg
Laudable pair, Ron, indoors or out!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I like to hear it sometimes
If any moment should turn blue
I just let my mind wander through
All those times I had with you
And I think I heard ...I love you
I like to hear it sometimes

And thank you for tomorrow

30287968016_45d01c51b4_b.jpg
Meritorious knife, photo, and verse, Gev!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Just because my deer season has started out slow doesn't mean that I can't hang out with a couple of stags today. A Case pattern 47 large stockman from 1940-1964 (spey blade etched For Flesh Only - yikes) and a Case pattern 54 trapper from 1965-1969.
6YTGt61.jpg

And they are fat little stags.

iFwNeO0.jpg

- Stuart
Notable pair of stag Cases, Stuart; I like the "wasp-waisted" shape of the handles! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 799904
I’ve got my college football lineup
That's quite a Pick-6, willard!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Paired it with my little Buck 310 Whittler this week.

View attachment 799925
That little Buck whittler is very cool, Ratbert!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

These two special gifts I just got from Duncan will be on me for the rest of the year.
Congrats on winning those 2 beauties, H&S!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What cover material is used on the I*XL?

Bought this one yesterday and carrying it today: Case Small Texas Jack (NIB 2014 62032 CV). It's a real gem with great F&F. Went to a nature study group meeting where we talked fossils, geology, nuts, and seeds. Even used it to split a persimmon seed to do the "knife, fork, or spoon test".

24635167488_f699ba0cc0_b.jpg
Congrats on that amber bone Texas Jack, Ace!! I'm always impressed with the pen blade on that model. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 800136
Can't get enough of this one. Helped break down a chicken for the smoker earlier this evening.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! :D Handsome stag Churchill, solphilos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Right now we are sitting in a Motel in Missouri and do not have access to a my camera so I will have to use some old photos of what I carried yesterday , today & tomorrow .
A. Wright Lambfoot

Case XX from @Campbellclanman :

...We went to the big Flea Market in Belleville , Ill. and I was able to get an old Cattaraugus Congress , a Henckles Barlow in Stag . Will put up some pictures when I get a chance in a couple of days .

Harry
Splendid pair of traveling companions, Harry, and congrats on your flea market finds!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I pocketed my ebony AW Lambsfoot today, but couldn't resist putting the 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot in my other pocket! ;) :D Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

Bound to be a good day with double lambsfoot carry, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying the Harness Jack that Duncan so generously gave me in a GAW with my Camillus Jack to keep it company :thumbsup:

J2O9tpJ.jpg
That's a brilliant pair, Steve; congrats on the HJ!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great minds think alike (again) oldtymer oldtymer , but I was indecisive today so I'm carrying two little guys!View attachment 800339
Supreme Esquire, HeathH!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I recent conversation about the awesome 77 natural canvas Barlow totally has me carrying mine today, while I work to breathe some new life into this Camillus today.

tGdyuqah.jpg
Beguiling brace of Barlows, Buzz!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

This Okapi Biltong has served well in the kitchen when called on this week:
JgE2Pq6.jpg

And these knives seem to have become semi-permanent fixtures in the kitchen :rolleyes::
pxelv55.jpg

iw9iaIb.jpg

PvW467B.jpg

- GT

Congrats on winning those 2 beauties, H&S!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What cover material is used on the I*XL?

Congrats on that amber bone Texas Jack, Ace!! I'm always impressed with the pen blade on that model. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! :D Handsome stag Churchill, solphilos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendid pair of traveling companions, Harry, and congrats on your flea market finds!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Bound to be a good day with double lambsfoot carry, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's a brilliant pair, Steve; congrats on the HJ!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Supreme Esquire, HeathH!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beguiling brace of Barlows, Buzz!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

JgE2Pq6.jpg

And these knives seem to have become semi-permanent fixtures in the kitchen :rolleyes::
pxelv55.jpg

iw9iaIb.jpg

PvW467B.jpg

- GT

Some kind of wood, it's really dark so I'm guessing ebony.

Thanks for paying attention to my daffy blathering, Jack! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Not at all my friend! :D :thumbsup:

JgE2Pq6.jpg

pxelv55.jpg

iw9iaIb.jpg

PvW467B.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT, what an outstanding line-up there :) I was going to use my ebony Lambsfoot to make stew earlier, but was tempted into using an old Joseph Elliot butcher knife instead. Stew turned out pretty good ;) :D :thumbsup:

@Old Engineer reminded me of the Case 009 pattern with his 62009 1/2 Barlow. I went looking in my Case Barlows and found its brother to carry today. The knife on the top left is its cousin, a 620009R from 1974 with razor main blade (which is in front of the pen).

mStjpzd.jpg

Here's the brother 620009 1/2 from 1940-1964 (with clip main behind the pen).

gqI1mcX.jpg

- Stuart

ALL the photos and knives are captivating, Dean, but I must single out that Schrade Barlow for its consummate jigging! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks, Gary. That Schrade gets more positive comments than any of my other knives. :)

Nice Case cutlery, Gary. I have the penknife, too, and it is a house favorite.

Sunday go-to-meetin' knife...

- GT
Thanks! Its actually cougar clawed bone, but now you can see why I like it. It has some of the aesthetics of stag I like without looking like a direct imitation.
The pecan wood smoked chicken turned out delicious by the way :D

5K Qs 5K Qs Those are some fine blades, GT. I particularly like the two Cases.

I have noted that you and several others favor the use of folders in the kitchen for food prep and table service. I have used my Opinel No. 8 occasionally to slice sausages after grilling, but do not have much other culinary experience with food and folders (other than picnics and tailgate parties). Aside from the carbon blade care (I tend more toward stainless steels), isn't cleaning a folder after food duty a bit of a chore?

I'm curious, but I'm not sure that I could change my ways too much, as my wife may protest my adding a bunch of my folders to the kitchen knife battery I have in there now:

QfJVilg.jpg

q1xNQMK.jpg

- Stuart

(Later added note: I don't want to divert this to a kitchen knife discussion; just wanted to better explain the issues involved in my consideration of adding folders to the kitchen crew.)

Last edited:
Same ol same ol slipjoint. Also carrying a Dozier Arkansas Toothpick, just because I can. We're getting some snow flurries and the forecast is lake effect snow starting at 7 pm today and through 1 pm tomorrow. Lake Ontario is a big winter weather maker around here.
Nice posts, Folks! Hope you are having a great weekend!
QbYre7w.jpg

Back