What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Camillus-manufactured A.G. Premium Scout in stag today. No etch on the blade.

rCVaKBIh.jpg
Holy smokes! That looks about exactly everything I'd want to have in a scout.

Thanks!
I just got it today, and I like it a lot. Sandvik 12c27 is a good, easy to sharpen steel. I think it's very similar to Opinel's inox. I've long been eyeing small fixed blades, but couldn't justify spending twice what a GEC costs on one. These EnZos are around $50, and seem well made, and it comes with a nice leather sheath! I fashioned a lanyard to go through a belt loop and hang in my pocket instead of carrying a modern folder. I'm tempted to order another one in scandi grind, to compare. :)
View attachment 823714
r8shell, I agree with your recognition of the functionality and convenience of having a small fixed blade at hand. Having a handsome one is a plus.
- Stuart

Man those are starting to appeal to me. How big are the C/B coffin jacks?

Two customs tonight on this last dog and hopefully last below freezing night. I want to try to carry the Dunlap more often. Such a soothing example for me.

View attachment 823771

The Coffin Jack's are 3.5" closed. 2.7 oz. Here are a few pics next to a small Inkosi. Sorry for the quality, I'm watching Dunkirk. That Dunlap is gorgeous BTW!
20180104_214135.jpg

20180104_214046.jpg

Today with GEC # 15 Tortoise-Shell-Acrylic 440C stainless steel...

x2nc3s.jpg
Nice to see this one, it would be a unicorn knife to me if I was looking, congrats on grabbing that one! It looks great and I bet that 440c with the GEC heat treat cuts really good. :thumbsup:

Quaking Quivers!! :eek: Duane, it's a real joy to see your jaw-dropping ebony Powederhorn again! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: A two-blade toothpick is just jazzy!

hgxCZTc.jpg

- GT

Thanks, I'll tell you a little something about that Powderhorn. A few years back I was having discussions with a custom maker, and I wanted him to make a knife like this one for me...then I realized, why was I being so crazy? I already had the knife that I was looking for, why have a custom maker waste his gift recreating what I already had in my hand! It was a moment of awakening ;) and a little embarrassing for me personally, having wasted some of his time with discussions...

Please tell me a little bit about this Alox Knife you have shown us, is it a Vic? age? It looks pretty nice.

Queen Cutlery Small Stockman No.26 in WCBS. My favourite Stockman actually: low riding Sheepfoot, D2 steel and with great W&T. Compact, it's like a 3 bladed Penknife. Another Queen from yesteryear when they made impressive knives, their current stuff just leaves me cold-that's the polite style.

msCcwRx.jpg

Lots of great-looking cutlery folks :) :thumbsup:

Vilify Vorgetfulness!! :eek: Thanks for your esteemed opinion of my knives, Jack, and I'm glad you remembered eventually to post your elegant Lambsfoot knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The vista behind the Guardians Lambsfoot is exquisite!

LOL! Thanks GT, that's Leeds Bread Co-op White Sourdough :) :thumbsup:

Packing these two today :thumbsup:

Such beautiful carry knives - some nice steel around this place! I normally carry a Case 6318 everyday so not much reason to post the same pattern on a regular basis but today I wanted to carry something different, pulled this Ulster Barlow off my display shelf - it nestles nicely into the front jean pocket of my pants. OH

Ulster_Knife_USA_11G_Barlow.JPG

I'm taking a couple of elder cut-ups from my cutlery collection out for a brisk walk before lunch on what looks to be a bracing day. A Case 35 jack (1940-1964) and a Queen 38 folding hunter (1931-1955).

lhBwktD.jpg

- Stuart
Top notch examples of two classic patterns. The Case is as good as it gets.

Queen Cutlery Small Stockman No.26 in WCBS. My favourite Stockman actually: low riding Sheepfoot, D2 steel and with great W&T. Compact, it's like a 3 bladed Penknife. Another Queen from yesteryear when they made impressive knives, their current stuff just leaves me cold-that's the polite style.

msCcwRx.jpg
Wow, Will. I've not seen covers like those on a Queen before (though my small Queen collection is bereft of any post-1976 versions). Very striking.
- Stuart

Such beautiful carry knives - some nice steel around this place! I normally carry a Case 6318 everyday so not much reason to post the same pattern on a regular basis but today I wanted to carry something different, pulled this Ulster Barlow off my display shelf - it nestles nicely into the front jean pocket of my pants. OH

Ulster_Knife_USA_11G_Barlow.JPG
A coincidence in classics, OH. I, too, like to have my Case medium stockman (in dark redbone) handy and I have your knife's twin brother, though not as handsome as yours. Thanks for sharing.
- Stuart

Back