What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That knife checks a lot of boxes for me. Simple elegant pattern with a well ground blade. If only it had ebony scales....

For me a similar knife
edgWgWR.jpg

There is a three-rivet model that has a black hardwood handle. Could be ebony?

Haha, I think the most dangerous thing I do with these knives is set them up for pics.
Your Guardian's Lambsfoot is looking rather dapper, good sir.

The Stag Jack is riding along with me today.
39153330210_1ee75bba2c_h.jpg

LOL! I know exactly what you mean my friend! :D Thanks for the compliment :) That is a great pic of your Stag Jack, I must pocket my own sometime soon :) :thumbsup: For now, I'm doubling the Lambsfoot craziness! :D :thumbsup:

AW Ebony Lambsfoot 12-5.JPG

AW Ivory Senator 1-2.JPG

I like the Lebanon area. I used to live 30 or 40 miles north of there, and my favorite stretch for smallmouth bass fishing on the Big Niangua is down that way. God's country.

That was in the '80s ~ I'm not sure if Shepherd Of The Hills outlet store was there then. Our trips to Lebanon mostly centered on getting fencing, feed, and miscellaneous homestead stuff at Bill's Farm 'N Home with Grandpa in his old Ford Pickup. And I had my Schrade middleman jack and Schrade yellow trapper, and very little money, so I had no concept of buying a pretty pocket knife like your stag barlow to collect.
Thanks for triggering some good memories.

Thank you very much Mr. Jeff, I am very happy that my knives revive good memories...

It's always nice to see the old Case Barlows. I have one that's about 44 years old & another that could possibly even be as old as me! (And that's old.) I have several TC & NF Barlows that are nice, but I'll take the old Case XX's any day.
Case definitely knew how to build a great Barlow! :thumbsup: It makes you wonder where someone has their head at! :eek::rolleyes:

Sensational pair Ron :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) The Guardian looks great as usual! Have a great weekend buddy! :D

'Bout right.
Yessir! :thumbsup:

Duh! :eek: I forgot to post these earlier! :D

40172545252_1ecc09281e_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Have a knife for pretty much every eventuality in my collection, but when I'm just knocking about at home I like to keep something small in my pocket. This little, single blade Joseph Rodgers & Sons is one of my favourites. Bought at a boot sale for just £2.00 it has the best walk and talk of all my knives, great snap in the half and open position and really well made. Can't tell if the scales are bone or French ivory and would love to know how old it is if anyone has any ideas. Happy weekend guys. :)
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr

- Mark.

27902390072_f76b494513.jpg

Last edited:
Back