What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks Paul. Bob (BigBiscuit) tried to pry it away from me from the first time I posted it. Therefore, it's got some good memories going for it.

Carrying this old No name Jack that I just got.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who might have made it ?

3prdEyoh.jpg

aatCKOah.jpg

That pair looks capable of handling whatever business/busyness you assign to them. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Bodacious bone on both, buddy!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool: Thanks for posting them, Stuart! :thumbsup::)

Couple of champion Barlows, Harry!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

At first I thought I had double vision, Dylan, but then I noticed all the intriguing differences between your knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Classics, Hickory n steel Hickory n steel ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's such memorable jigging on your superb Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

This week, my Alox knife is an old Cadet II (thanks, Ken):
cKDPPfr.jpg

My non-Alox SAK is a Vic Champion:
nuYrNXk.jpg

My stockman is a Colt "black stag" (stag bone) sowbelly:
M9LIZe0.jpg

- GT

Thanks pal, glad to hear the sharpening is going well :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly sir!
I always enjoy your photos as well! Such a great forum!

Thank you very much Mitch :) :thumbsup:

Welsh Dragon Love spoon made by my father with a @Mason Knives Dogleg Jack
View attachment 876342

Wow, what incredible work! :cool: You have a talented dad, and a beautiful knife :thumbsup:

It's a nice day here for cleaning up around the house. Oddly, my loving wife doesn't agree that old dekes make suitable lawn or garden ornaments. Oh, well, I'll find a decorative role for them, as I have a half dozen to "re-use".

dp9xo66.jpg

This Imperial toothpick from 1930-1936 and the much more recent Gary Cunningham small hunter are with me today.

- Stuart

@5K Qs That's a venerable old Cadet, GT, and the Champion looks to be a suspender stretcher. All are worthy of a day's carry.
- Stuart

It's a nice day here for cleaning up around the house. Oddly, my loving wife doesn't agree that old dekes make suitable lawn or garden ornaments. Oh, well, I'll find a decorative role for them, as I have a half dozen to "re-use".

dp9xo66.jpg

This Imperial toothpick from 1930-1936 and the much more recent Gary Cunningham small hunter are with me today.

- Stuart
Awesome pair, love that toothpick!

I don't think it's a Camillus. The seller thought maybe Remington and I think he might be right. I've found a couple pictures of a Remington that look just like it :thumbsup:

Fair enough Steve, it was very far from an educated guess! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

That's a whole lot of handy, man! Very nice, Stuart. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Nice to put some "good will" in the bank by showing the family how useful your knives are, Shawn! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

The pension situation sounds less than ideal, donn, but congrats on finding your survival knife! :cool::thumbsup: That doesn't have a flashlight in the handle, does it?? :confused::)

My "knife life" can be pretty scary, Dean! :eek::D

Thanks for the sharpening support, Jack & FBC. I'm still more surprised when I have sharpening success than when I don't, but I hope that my expectations will shift the other direction soon. ;) Cool Alox Minichamp!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on finding a promising candidate; splendid-looking stockman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like we share the same paranoia, Barrett! :rolleyes: You're adapting quickly to your new state with the field notes book! :)

That's an impressive patina from a single meal, @HFinn ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Very handsome ebony lockback, Senhor Pinto! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That pair looks capable of handling whatever business/busyness you assign to them. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Bodacious bone on both, buddy!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool: Thanks for posting them, Stuart! :thumbsup::)

Couple of champion Barlows, Harry!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

At first I thought I had double vision, Dylan, but then I noticed all the intriguing differences between your knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Classics, Hickory n steel Hickory n steel ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's such memorable jigging on your superb Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

This week, my Alox knife is an old Cadet II (thanks, Ken):
cKDPPfr.jpg

My non-Alox SAK is a Vic Champion:
nuYrNXk.jpg

My stockman is a Colt "black stag" (stag bone) sowbelly:
M9LIZe0.jpg

- GT

They sure are classic, I only wish my sodbuster was CV.
It's what I got though and it works so it's a keeper.

Btw real nice Stang on that Colt stockman there.

Back