What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Playing catch-up, Wed/Thurs edition; after this, maybe I can quit whining about being behind on this t

Boy, you aren't kidding, GT. I couldn't even get all of your quote captured, I was moving so fast! A lot of nice knives posted.

W:eek:W! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: It's Miller Time! ;)

Praiseworthy PAL you have, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for both comments. I'm wrangling cattle again today

Here's a Colonial I'm carrying this week (and last week and next week - didn't have time to carefully select knives for vacation, and just kept the ones I carried last week and grabbed a handful of others :rolleyes:):

That one will get you through most any challenge.

Somehow the Beer Scout snapped closed on my middle finger today. Yesterday I sliced my pointer finger while cleaning knives. So now I have two fingers bandaged up and can barely open and close my knives.

Glad to hear that you are recovering. With your luck, just don't try using your teeth to open today's tote.

Just an old Boker today:

And a fine one at that. I'll proudly carry an old solid knife any day (even while shopping for a new knife).

- Stuart

MDiTu6eh.jpg

Kind comments by @Will Power and @5K Qs on my totin' choice yesterday has encouraged me to corral another cattle knife today (and I'm thinking of having rib eyes tonight). An Imperial cattle knife from 1935-1945 that appears to have been carried and cared for during its life. Like the PAL that I carried yesterday, it has half sunk joints and is solidly built.

FqAFGgm.jpg

fePZeEk.jpg

9V2yK4v.jpg

- Stuart

Those are two knives I admire very much indeed :thumbsup: I'm lucky enough to have some 38s and one I use a lot, beautiful yet versatile and unusual knives. I also particularly like that Bonestag Teardrop, I'll have to get one once/if the money horizon reappears ;) hopefully soon! Glad you are moving about, hope your recovery from the operation proceedes well:thumbsup:

Regards, Will

Thanks, Will!

What I like about GEC's farmer jack is that it is comfortable no matter which blade you are using (although it doesn't look like it would be).

Very nice, and somewhat unusual here, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I don't recall seeing many of the ebony first-run Ancients; the scratted bone appears much more frequently.

I'll see what I can do, Dean. :) For me, whittling has to be ALL about the process (almost always enjoyable), not the product (almost always disappointing). :rolleyes:

Phenomenal pair, Dean, and congrats on your hike!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Beyond the mailbox, right? ;))

Yeah, I like my Imperials (and Colonials) as well as almost any of my knives I think. The nostalgia factor is big for a geezer like me, but I also think they cut as well as any knife I've got.

Here's a Colonial I'm carrying this week (and last week and next week - didn't have time to carefully select knives for vacation, and just kept the ones I carried last week and grabbed a handful of others :rolleyes:):
View attachment 962759

- GT

Thank you for your compliments, Gary!

Regarding the rare occurrences here of the ebony Ancient, there were less than half as many made as the scratted. Also, they do not seem as iconic for some reason.

And I am hiking miles rather than feet now.

Your Colonial appears to be a well loved companion. :thumbsup:

I really like the woodland shots! Nature has recuperative powers, as does carrying a couple of favorite pocket knives! Good to hear the recovery progresses.

Thank you, Jeff!

I plucked this one from the knife tree for today.

Really like the black/orange combos, Tom & Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Splendid pair, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yeah, I like my Imperials (and Colonials) as well as almost any of my knives I think. The nostalgia factor is big for a geezer like me, but I also think they cut as well as any knife I've got.

View attachment 962759

- GT

Thanks GT, nice white Colonial :thumbsup:

Just this Camillus scout today, but I should have a new fixed blade waiting for me at home tonight to pair it with.

Back