What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

RvlziYxh.jpg

Just bought this J.A. Henckels Barolw a couple of weeks ago and is my first Henckels knife and I really like it.

ojDcvOs.jpg
Today I have the old Hibbard Spencer Bartlett Barlow @waynorth sent me along with a Cattarugus Barlow. Thanks again Charlie. :thumbsup: I love the covers on this knife.
3Syxdy7.jpg
Couple of classic Barlows, Randy; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I admire your focus on that pattern, and these are a pair of very cool bolster stamps with the red twins and yOur Very Best!

... We just celebrated our 58th wedding anniversary earlier this month . It has been a trip my friend .
Harry
Congrats on the recent anniversary, Harry!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(I could be celebrating my 58th if I'd got married when I was 9. :rolleyes::p)

View attachment 1005315

I know, it's not a melon...;):p

~Chip
That is sure a slender slicer, Chip! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't recognize the model, though. Some kind of GEC whittler?

This arrived from the Exchange this week. Form, function, simplicity&beauty! Antique Yellow 15. The Spear fills the handle very well. It is destined for use:cool:

F&F faultless, no gaps no play, no tip protruding from liners (annoying shoddy fault in many knives) Look at the pin-work, nice domed work, jigging runs into the bolster, sharp on arrival! Any issues? Well it's a general GEC thing, they would be in stellar league if they had slightly thicker scales which were more rounded and radiused. Rather like Winchester BB knives, it gives a much more pleasant feel in the hand. But, that's how GEC opts to do it-their small knives would greatly benefit from a thickening of scales, CASE manage it.

uF7VdAT.jpg
Congrats on your new knife, Will! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I enjoyed your description of the knife.

Today back in my pocket, this English lambsfoot in green bone...;):thumbsup:

63stpt.jpg
That jigged bone lambsfoot is somewhat unusual on this forum; very nice, Senhor Pinto! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! I plan to carry the scout soon!

Today I’ve got my AC lambsfoot and ebony 56 for Tidioute Thursday:

BE842-C7-E-B8-C2-4-F36-BCE3-72-EC1-D629807.jpg
Captivating pic of some classy carries! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

More R & B today (no, Red & Black!). ;)

5A0LWd5.jpg
Jeff, you have both Form and Function covered with that pair! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today's carry.

Striking knife, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I need to get an edge like that on my chestnut jigged teardrop.

Butterscotch delight, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

31520974978_6607cd7c7f_h.jpg

and this one will be with me today in remembrance.
22768577980_bb50f5f285_h.jpg
Nice sentiment with the Russell carry, FBC. :thumbsup::thumbsup: And your ebony lambsfoot is a photogenic tool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My stockman this week is a Case pocket worn harvest orange humpback model (thanks, Mike):
GhPAKzQ.jpg

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Camillus Blac-Jaket muskrat:
WFRbiai.jpg

International knife this week is a Richartz knife with mult. table covers (thanks, Mark):
FVybQS1.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Sabre Daddy Barlow:
8F8JMpP.jpg

- GT

Carried the TEW Lambfoot and the Case Hawkbill and then use the Camillus 4 line when cracking more Hickory Nuts .
Harry those are sweet knives. WOW

Thanks for the positive comments, Dwight. :) I think we have a mutual admiration society regarding canoes!
:D
For a Throwback Thursday, I'm totin' this Queen City (1922-1932) cattle knife in old Rogers bone.
My oh my look at the jigging on that baby.

TC 14 today.
Beautiful TC and pic.fullsizeoutput_9a1.jpeg

Back