What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I hope your visit is full of joy and good food.

Nice Jeff, nothing better than holiday's surrounded by family:thumbsup: two great knives to carry making it a great day, HAPPY THANKSGIVING my friend:thumbsup::)
Thanks, guys! Hope you can get together with family too!
Best holiday- although I could do without the incessant BLACK FRIDAY DOORBUSTER commercials all playing that annoying clip from Nutcracker Suite.
HA, thanks Jeff :). I gave him an ALOX pioneer that rides as a spare in my vehicle to use for the weekend. I "forgot" to ask for it back, think I might have planted a seed there (he is not a knife guy.

I keep forgetting how well the Opinels perform, and rarely carry one, not sure why.

4WGUvRJ.jpg
Great choice to give a non knife person.
Spread the wierdness!

View attachment 1023711 Gooood mornin!!!
My son and grandson are in the air, and I’ll be leaving for the curbside arrivals lanes at ORD soon.
Really looking forward to our little family being together over Thanksgiving! And I wish the same blessing on all of my BF friends.:)

Hope you have a wonderful time Jeff :) And all my US friends :) :thumbsup:

Something shockingly different today. Case yellow Delrin medium punch stockman with carbon steel clip and sheepsfoot. It's a shame that more stockmans (stockmen?) don't have a punch.

oEscHl4h.jpg

o1ipMBMh.jpg

Nice choice Buzz :thumbsup:

Great black and tan pairing Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Have a good one, folks!
Going to test drive my new Krein mini bushcrafter for a bit. Lloyd shadow along as usual.
qpUui2O.jpg

Very nice Gary :) :thumbsup:

Newest addition to my Sir Winston family - thanks Jeff @JB in LV !

Congratulations Ken, that's a cool pic too :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Cool pairing :thumbsup: :cool:

I keep forgetting how well the Opinels perform, and rarely carry one, not sure why.

4WGUvRJ.jpg

Thank you very much Tom, you too :) :thumbsup:

I'm into Two Trapper Twosday totin', too. A pair of Parker Frost "Mink" trappers by Schrade in 1978.

2fKzXPC.jpg

Xi2XTkG.jpg

QRrV0Rd.jpg

I used the spey blade on the green one to harvest some of the numerous Honey Mushrooms that sprang up in our front yard again this year. They make a great soup. The spey blade is a fine tool for getting under and cutting fungi free.

dPLHpWi.jpg

- Stuart

I've got that knife myself. It's the 2005 Case/Bose Collaboration.

Gary Peregrin Peregrin beat me to it. Mine has the clip point main. I believe in 2008 or 9 it had a wharncliffe main.

Thought so. Thanks! I have the later version. Id like to eventually get that one also since I prolly never have the ability or opportunity to get one from bose, ploppert or ruple (the only makers I've seen make them recently).

The new mini looks awesome !! double jimping scandi heaven and pointy...color me red !!
Thanks, Gev! Every knife should have jimping! A great scandi grind and a scary point on this one. So far I'm very happy with it.

:p:D Thanks, Dean. I agree - for me, the red Alox is the classic version (especially with the "old cross" logo).

Your white copperlock is definitely pretty! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot of the Week is my Union Jack:
View attachment 1023691

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a 5" Marbles smooth white bone lady leg with a stag spacer:
G4YR36t.jpg

Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is a Case wharncliffe mini copperhead:
dPFMInU.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary! You've presented another stellar constellation of cutlery today. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad I followed your example and got a blue Case mini copperhead! :)

Something shockingly different today. Case yellow Delrin medium punch stockman with carbon steel clip and sheepsfoot. It's a shame that more stockmans (stockmen?) don't have a punch.

oEscHl4h.jpg

o1ipMBMh.jpg

I 100% agree, Buzz! :thumbsup: Very nice knife you have (I have it's twin). :):thumbsup:

Back