What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

What a beautiful Congress Gev :thumbsup:
Carrying these two today, my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot and the lovely Case Barlow Tom @Half/Stop gifted me recently :) :thumbsup:

wTilVWM.jpg

4R6hd0C.jpg

Great pairing of lovelies !!

Wow, somehow I managed to fall about 50 pages behind in this thread. You'll all have to forgive me for skipping most of the words from those pages and just skimming the pics. :D

A snowy blustery day on the great plains. A 2015 Orchard Gem clad in Antique Amber Pick Bone to offset the gloomy day:)
TaLC2T.jpg

r0fRze.jpg

That one's a beauty, Paul! :thumbsup:

First wintry day in South Louisiana. It's 53 and rainy. About a typical winter day lol. Daddy is celebrating. Looks like I'm well on track to retire in 11 years, and in better shape than I thought. Plus all 5 kids coming for dinner so I'm having a couple crown and cokes, cooking a big pastalya and enjoying the cold (for here) blast.
View attachment 1017560

Boy, that winter weather sounds rough! ;) :D It's been in the single digits a few mornings here in MN this past week, and it's only gonna get colder. As a transplant from not-quite-as-far-south-as-you-but-a-lot-further-south-than-here, I'm still adjusting. :confused: Congrats on the retirement news! :thumbsup:

Mine today, an old Thornton. We had a saying in the infantry, 'travel light, freeze at night', so antifreeze is essential!

wwkXhcR.jpg

You either need a smaller knife or a bigger bottle of whiskey! ;) :D

I'm just getting my stuff together for a hike tomorrow, think I've got all the bases covered ;) :thumbsup:

8ZZs74a.jpg

NpqZYSX.jpg

aY6mONi.jpg

Va2FuKG.jpg

Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

I'd say you were pretty well prepared, Jack! Hope you had a good hike. :thumbsup:

I can't hold out any longer. I set this one aside and pondered, (we do ponder in ND):) if I should include this in my carry routine even though the answer to me was a resounding YES, I hesitated doing so. Well no longer, I carried today and it's modest cutting task consisted of freeing a frozen pizza from it's plastic wrap:eek::D

V0tkKV.jpg

hNUJH5.jpg

Glad you decided to make that one a user, Paul. It's perfect for brightening up a winter day! :thumbsup: :cool:

Love the fish shield! :thumbsup:

Back to carrying this one after a few days with just an Opinel No. 6 in my pocket. I think Duncan's (@Campbellclanman) lost-then-found TC that I recently won in his GAW has been giving my knives ideas. I had been carrying this #77 for a few days when it up and disappeared on me. I grabbed the Opinel on my way out the door and carried it for a few days while looking for my missing Barlow, which eventually turned up in the pocket of a light jacket I'd swapped out for a warmer one when the temps started to drop. :confused: :D :cool:

7GE7HRl.jpg

Back