What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The Remington remains.

w0yPqgSh.jpg

Churchill at sunrise? Splendid knife and pic, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary.
That ram's horn pruner is (how the kids say) BEAST MODE! :D

I was kindly gifted this Craftesman TL-29 along with a Knife I bought off our good friend here in BF- @Lostball
The Knife has a totally unused gorgeous Carbon Main Blade- and it had a snapped off Screwdriver...couldnt resist....
Sharpened up the Screwdriver edge and re-tipped this beast...sharp

ct6OyYP.jpg

QKCslCR.jpg

MldYxLp.jpg

Nice save! :thumbsup:

Totin' this Workhorse today.
45796476684_eaf1ce859a_h.jpg

I'd like that one too, Jerry!

+1 :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black how you like the 18 forum knife?

Carried these two.
View attachment 1045114

I didn't think I was ever going to fall in love with it Taylor, but I wanted to say thanks to Buck, and @skblades in particular, for being such good sports. I'm not sure I lost every single vote on the pattern, but I certainly lost most! :D I think Buck did a reasonable job, and I'm certainly pleased with the elk on my example, and think the overall fit and finish is acceptable for a factory-made knife at this price point. It has two useful blades, and is pocketable. So, while it's a long way from what I'd like to have seen as a forum knife, I have no complaints, am grateful to @r8shell for shipping it me over (particularly with all the other goodies she included :) ), and I'm even carrying it again today, so maybe it'll grow on me ;) :thumbsup:

I’ve got these two with me today, hope everyone is having a fine weekend.

B0lF3tV.jpg

Nice combo Tom, love seeing that Winchester :thumbsup:

Preeminent pair, Jack; wondrous wood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much GT :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black , I love your carry this weekend Jack. Our Forum knife becomes more and more enjoyable to me everyday. The Ironwood on your sample Guardian is exquisite. I surely hope it is representative of what Wrights will use. Sometimes Ironwood is too dark, and the grain patterns are hard to discern. Yours is perfect. Thanks so much for making the Lambsfoot available to us. (By the way, you should also look up Jared Fox's Memorandum on the internet. I believe you, more than any of us, would enjoy it tremendously.)

@meako , I hope things continue to improve for you in 2019. You bring so much joy and humor to the Porch with your razor sharp wit.

Fodderwing Fodderwing , thanks for lending a hand of support to our good friend Dwight. Now that I know both of you are Firefighters, it does not surprise me. My son is a Firefighter. You are special people.

Will Power Will Power , Happy New Year my friend. Hoping to see some photographs of the Arctic next year.

Charlie, @waynorth , thanks for answering my questions and making my Knife of the Year available to me. I hope the Oregon Collectors do not mind one of their Beavertail 43's ending up in the Deep South far away from the Northwest. Let's just say that my knife has a Nutria Shield instead of a Beaver!

Thanks for the compliment Prester John Prester John , you have been a great addition to the Porch in 2018. I appreciate your posts, probably because we ply the same profession.

@Duckdog , Stuart, I hope you never reach the last box of your amazing inheritance. If you ever have a dispersal sale, please reserve a place for me in the front row. Thanks for sharing them with us, and thanks for your insightful posts.

@5K Qs and @mitch4ging thank you both for the kind remarks you have made regarding my knives. I hope you both get lots of good ones next year!

Thanks a lot Leslie, very kind of you my friend :) I have not seen a huge amount of Ironwood, but this sample seems to have a lot more going on than I am used to seeing, and a lot better than I had hoped for. So, I also hope that it is representative of what we can expect from Wright's. Both sides of the knife are equally attractive I think, so finger's crossed...;)

v9KhqLw.jpg

Thank you for the reading recommendation, I have just ordered a copy :) Plus one on the Firefighters, and wishing you, and all our friends here, a very Happy New Year :) :thumbsup:

I'm sticking with these two today :) Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

cjc5EVR.jpg

3ak1Hby.jpg

dc50 dc50 very nice, is that Che Chen or walnut or ? Of my wooden handle knives, Che Chen has the most chatoyancy.

dc50 dc50 very nice, is that Che Chen or walnut or ? Of my wooden handle knives, Che Chen has the most chatoyancy.
John, I had purchased this one when it was first released many years ago and thought let's do a photo. It has been in safekeeping for some time now, and the truth be told I don't remember what the wood is. :oops: I'm pretty confident someone will step up and confirm, remind us what it is. :p

View attachment 1045598 The poor lighting doesn’t do it justice, but this Stratocaster body is being sprayed in my rendition of the old DuPont automotive color, seafoam green.
Think of a ‘57 Bel Air in this color with a white hardtop - that’s the look I’m going for.
But for now, time to get out the door, barlow in pocket, for the final church meeting of 2018.

View attachment 1045598 The poor lighting doesn’t do it justice, but this Stratocaster body is being sprayed in my rendition of the old DuPont automotive color, seafoam green.
Think of a ‘57 Bel Air in this color with a white hardtop - that’s the look I’m going for.
But for now, time to get out the door, barlow in pocket, for the final church meeting of 2018.
Can’t wait to see the Strat, Jeff! Beautiful Barlow, by the way! -Lance

Back