What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This has been my carry all weekend.
rwzq3B6.jpg

With the seeming surge in traditional knife sales in general, the place I bought the rough riders and Boker for Christmas presents is almost completely bare of traditionals today. The Boker and Buck sections of the cases was practically empty. When I bought a Schrade trapper at wallyworld, I had to buy the display, because the girl said they sell out of them really quick. Yet Cold Steel fails to move one traditional pattern, I agree their marketing plan on those must be pretty bad.
Seems to me CS trads were also fabulously expensive.

Seems to me CS trads were also fabulously expensive.
To be honest I didn't know they'd even produced a traditional folder until I seen them posted here. So I went and looked them up, WOW over 200 bucks:eek: that's outta my range right now for sure. But to be honest I've never handled one, to some they may be worth it.
On a different note I pretty much just stayed in today, I did venture out to the store and back, so dropped my new RR shadow trapper in my pocket, its noticeably lighter than my other trappers.
14sppb6.jpg

That shadow sheds a lot of light, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs am not certain of the exact increments but the inner ring moves way slower than the outer ring, like a watch with an hour and minute hand. Twirled it by hand until the outer dot lined up under the pointer.
Thanks for the additional info, @Chief. :thumbsup: I wondered which ring rotated faster.

Ah the 21 is a fine little gal. I really need to get mine rebuilt. :oops:

So you carry 16 to 18 knives in a fanniebutt packbag? Always prepared for a swap meet! Or a show 'n tell session...
If you do any boating, you're going to be in serious trouble if you fall overboard.:eek:

I am trying to go in the opposite direction. Not counting the SAK, Scout, TL29, or Leatherman that I have decided I want to always have on hand, I have gotten into the habit of two more in the rf pocket. I think I'm going to cut back to only one. The sad fact is that one of the two in the rf pkt don't see any use during the typical day. And If I'm not using it...

Peanuts in the guitar pick pocket don't count.:D

Edit~ The urge to actually use what I carry probably comes from my Granddad who only carried one at a time, and used it for everything. That’s what I used to do. Now, I have such a hard time picking one that I pick two.
Thank God so many here do not suffer the same affliction and get great joy from carrying and showing great knives. Knives that should probably not be used or even sharpened. I get to enjoy seeing them in this thread.
So thanks to you all for the views!
Thanks for giving my 21 a salute, Jeff. :) I guess I carry so many knives trying to make up for 45 years of not carrying a knife; I just enjoy pulling a couple out to look at when I have a few minutes of "down time". I'd like to use all my knives, but my "lifestyle" just doesn't really require much knife usage.

I was kindly gifted this Craftesman TL-29 along with a Knife I bought off our good friend here in BF- @Lostball
The Knife has a totally unused gorgeous Carbon Main Blade- and it had a snapped off Screwdriver...couldnt resist....
Sharpened up the Screwdriver edge and re-tipped this beast...sharp
MArvelous mod on that broken blade, Duncan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Superb little stag jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1044840
For Saturday, this Victorinox Tinker. Such a great knife!
(Spring Training is just around the corner).
Gotta put a baseball Tinker on my "wish list"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Trundling this out again, well it is still The Twelve Days of Christmas ;)

LiSLvcc.jpg
That must be one of the best 83s made, Will! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Camillus easy opener jackView attachment 1044891
What an iconic jack knife, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

We are down in Southern Indiana to visit relatives and I am carrying these 2 Bulldog Barlows .
Harry
Handsome brace of Bulldog Barlows, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: My wife is from Indianapolis and has relatives in the Paoli-French Lick - West Baden area (but we haven't been down there for several years).

We headed down to the coast yesterday, visiting West Bay and Weymouth....
Thanks for the first-rate pics from your trip, Barrett! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

...Carried these two today :thumbsup:

QUVSnQ3.jpg

hrPuGHB.jpg
To me, that's an enviable pair, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

This Taylor Brand is a pleasant surprise. Inexpensive this knife is extremely well crafted. Impressive and deserves a nod.View attachment 1045069View attachment 1045076
Great knife, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I have a whittler from that same series that I hold in high esteem!
vaFZUGg.jpg

That's definitely a notable pair, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with a new traditional Portuguese knife, this time it is a Curel "Bandido", with hands in acrylic and the blade in stainless steel......
24oxbww.jpg
Congrats on your new Curel, Senhor Pinto! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The acrylic is very desirable!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’ve got these two with me today, hope everyone is having a fine weekend.
B0lF3tV.jpg
Couple of very fine folders, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The Black Box coffin jack always catches my attention, but I don't remember seeing the white gunstock before - it's splendid! :)

In my pocket today a Northfield 35 Churchill in cull Sambar! :D

43036364250_9d3b83d695_b_d.jpg
Charming stag Churchill, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

... Making the case for stag today:

xKhdmxg.jpg

- Stuart
Toting the 66 today.
665-C94-CC-0-EE5-4-C7-E-B4-F2-B971587-C462-E.jpg
Stuart and @315, those are a couple of stellar stock knives you've posted!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1045310
5K Qs 5K Qs and @mitch4ging thank you both for the kind remarks you have made regarding my knives. I hope you both get lots of good ones next year!
Classy 77 Barlow, Leslie! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the well-wishes, and same to you!! :)

Sunday is becoming the day I tend to post a photo of my permanent carries:
2018.11.EDC.flash.jpg
- GT

We moved 80 miles further east into our retirement home about 2-1/2 months ago. We are still moving items from storage and unloading boxes here and there. I have misplaced several knives over the last couple of months (big panic in late October when I couldn't find any of my deer hunting Buck Knives) but by today I had found all but one. Early this morning I looked in a box marked "Scout Knives" and finally found my HSB Junior Cattle Knife - one of my favorite EDC's. Carried it today in honor of its return to "found" status. OH
HSB-9729-Jr-Cattle-Knife-1.jpg

Back