What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@flatblackcapo What a relief, but what persistence too. I want to get hold of some magnets like that, but where? Cheaper and easier to use than a metal detector too :D:cool:

Buck-301-2018-Blade-Forums-Club-Knife-2-1.jpg

Back at the coalface today...I think the majority of my female colleagues have been dying to escape from their families and holidays to continue their endless 'games of thrones' with each other..:rolleyes:

So I'll be consoling myself with Roast Chestnuts tonight :cool: And I believe this BB split back Whittler will be helping in the prep ;)

YFg80hA.jpg

Decent day out today to get some pictures of today's carry ; TWO 77's and both are Smooth Bone Autumn Gold . Barlow and Washington HJ .

When I was moving the pics into the computer I just had to look at the other downloads of early Christmas with one our daughter's family .

A very good day for our family .

Harry
Harry you’ve got two great 77’s there made from unobtainium! :thumbsup: A very good day indeed my friend! Those family photos are so precious! I hope you and your lovely bride have a wonderful new year! :D

So it was almost a sad day. While I was walking my dog I thought "hey that looks like a nice sunny spot to take another knife pic" So I pull my knives out of my pocket and walk to the sunny spot...... Then I realize that one of my knife slips is EMPTY!!! My 2016 Bladeforums 35 Drover is LOST !!!:eek:
I search, retrace my steps, go back to that fence post that I took the last pic at, retrace my steps again, NOTHING! By now the dog is just confused and thinks I am even more crazy than she thought I was before. So I mark the spot I think I may have dropped it with a stick and impromptu flag, take the dog, her name is Rilley, back home, grab every magnet I can quickly find (2, I need more magnets) and head back to the levee. I start searching, walking in circles dragging my magnets that I had quickly tied to paracord, cussing at sticks that snagged my paracord, throwing those sticks in the river after cussing them some more. There where some homeless guys camped across the river watching me, probably thinking I was crazy, just like Rilley ( my dog ) does, but I don't care!! I lost my dang Forum knife and I am going to find it!!!! After about 15- 20 min. I hear CLICK... WOOOOO HOOOOO IT'S MY KNIFE!!!! WHO'S CRAZY NOW?!!!
Well probably me...but I found my knife! :D
HAPPY 2019 Y'ALL!
44745570660_f64e924539_h.jpg

The pic I took before I lost it. ^
44745570720_78bfeac56b_h.jpg

The pic I took when I found it. ^^
46511302002_08d02ba94c_h.jpg

The pic I was going to take before I lost the Drover.
With a start like like your new year is bound to be a great one! :thumbsup::D

I figured since it was Wednesday a little Ebony would be appropriate! ;) :D

42969380050_05bab20f1c_b_d.jpg

Back at the coalface today...I think the majority of my female colleagues have been dying to escape from their families and holidays to continue their endless 'games of thrones' with each other..:rolleyes:

So I'll be consoling myself with Roast Chestnuts tonight :cool: And I believe this BB split back Whittler will be helping in the prep ;)

YFg80hA.jpg

HaHaHa!!! Game of Thrones :D:D:D:D

OUbDFbb.jpg

It's Mundane Monday --> the Wednesday edition! :confused: --> :p:p:p

Xq3O1iE.jpg

[edit] last minute addition (gonna need this one today!)

Z2nieTX.jpg

Last edited:
Ah Travman, New Year and you pulled out your new Elephant Toe - going to get a start on using it to match the other? OH

I've started carrying this Camillus WW2 army engineer knife again for the new year. It's not quite as artful as the old Remington, but it's far easier to replace if I do something stupid. Built like a tank too.

Cool fact of the day - Camillus produced almost 6 million pocket knives for the military during WW2.

bA5UlrGh.jpg

The weather may be chilly, Steve, but that #10 is throwing some heat. (I have its twin, also from 1961-1971.)

- Stuart

Thanks Stuart, I was wondering what the age was on this one. I thought it was from the fifties being that it is real bone.

Harry you’ve got two great 77’s there made from unobtainium! :thumbsup: A very good day indeed my friend! Those family photos are so precious! I hope you and your lovely bride have a wonderful new year! :D
With a start like like your new year is bound to be a great one! :thumbsup::D

I figured since it was Wednesday a little Ebony would be appropriate! ;) :D

42969380050_05bab20f1c_b_d.jpg
Some really nice Ebony for you today my friend .
Thanks for the very kind words Ron . You are correct . They are both made of Unobtainium right now . Someday , hopefully a ways off , they will not be . But right now , I am very proud to have them .
Thanks for the comments on the Family Photos . My favorite Christmas Gift has coffee in it as I write this . A saying on the cup says " MY FAVORITE PEOPLE CALL ME PAPPY " .
We hope that you and your bride also have a great New Year . I think we both married above our pay grades my friend .
Be safe and be well my friend .

Harry

Back