What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Been a great day on the ice. Catching a good assortment of perch, blues, bass, and the occasional trout.

Lots of fun to be had when it’s -10* outside but sweatshirt weather in the hut lol.

00A4ixf.jpg

aPqx3F1.jpg
Congrats on haul, Jake!
That spot looks familiar. Some fond memories of being on the ice there as a kid.

Nice choice...
Slight variation on a theme:
Amber bone
full

These minis with caplifter are the cat's pajamas :thumbsup:
Going to a party tonight with food platters and this toothpick-style blade is great for spearin' goodies. The lifter's great for the sasparilla :cool:
And the mini's size doesn't freak people out :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:I like to bring a knife with caplifter during my weekend trips...so I have all my needs covered, and I totally agree with you, the size of this minis is perfect to use in public without accusatory glanceso_O.
Here’s a pic of my mini trapper in amber bone:
T5mQoHt.jpg

I would like to see new releases of the GEC Beer Scout too, because I only could have one of them...

Last edited:
Playing with the band in an old barn tonight, so I don’t care how cold it is~ it’s gonna be a great day!:)

Sure are some fine carry pieces being shown hereabouts, old and new. I decided that my BF Buck would be my last knife purchase for awhile, at least until I meet up with Old Engineer Old Engineer at the Badger Knife Show.:cool:
I can’t get enough, but I have too many.
View attachment 1061207 WWII era Camillus TL 29 and ‘18 BF Buck...
Nice Forums Knife Jeff !!!! I expect that you just made a Vow that is going to be hard to keep .
I was going to contact you to see if you were going or not . Happy to see that you are planning to my friend . Are you going to join us for breakfast at The Cracker Barrel ?????

Harry

:thumbsup:I like to bring a knife with caplifter during my weekend trips...so I have all my needs covered, and I totally agree with you, the size of this minis is perfect to use in public without accusatory glanceso_O.
Here’s a pic of my mini trapper in amber bone:
T5mQoHt.jpg

I would like to see new releases of the GEC Beer Scout too, because I only could have one of them...
Excellent!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Love amber bone as a handle material. This knife ended up being my knife of the year in J. Black's 2018 poll. Been thinking I should get another for a spare if something happens to the original.
I have a GEC beer scout w/ sheepfoot, but my Case mini is much preferred over it.
Wish more makers included a caplifter in their designs. The flat screwdriver is a handy item at times, too.

Ironwood 77 today.
ZC5SUqc.jpg

To add to the temperature theme: 44 F for me.
Love that desert ironwood, but get outa here with those amateur temperatures!:D

Nice Forums Knife Jeff !!!! I expect that you just made a Vow that is going to be hard to keep .
I was going to contact you to see if you were going or not . Happy to see that you are planning to my friend . Are you going to join us for breakfast at The Cracker Barrel ?????

Harry
Thanks!, and yes, I’m planning on coming. I am a big breakfast enthusiast, so that is a distinct possibility, sir!

Last edited:
Along for the ride today.
UIKLxZ0.jpg

Looking out my kitchen window at the visitors to my bird feeders. So it seems the birds have allowed the Turkeys and Whitetails to visit. Soon it will be the squirrels and then more birds. I could buy a lot more knives if I stopped buying bird seed!
A7CZE5s.jpg

Thanks, Gev, and all who "Liked" my old Robeson. I was at the local knife show with Tom S. (as well as Railsplitter Rick) and picked up a couple of decades old Case knives. We had a fine time!

2000 6249 CV Copperhead in smooth white bone and CV
itFQKOO.jpg

czYlHYP.jpg

1998 61549L SS Copperlock in burnt white stag bone
tBd0b5n.jpg

FEcdude.jpg

Last edited:
Back