What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Part 2 :rolleyes:

Huckleberry Boys Knife:
pQqBwDi.jpg

Courtesy of @r redden.
Laudable looker, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Something old and something new today. My old Vic Pioneer once again, along with a brand spanking new Case bone stag Tribal Lock. The Tribal Lock is a bit of a conundrum for me. I love the knife. It’s spectacular. Crazy wonderful bone. But the blade shape and size is close enough to a standard scout pattern that they don’t pair particularly well.

But no matter how you look at it, the Tribal is an amazing knife. Perfect fit and finish on mine. I was lucky enough to be able to sort of hand pick the bone in this one.

vQ3WJy5h.jpg

Both knives are magnificent, Buzz! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm totin' two oddities today for the fun of it: a Maxam Classic hunter and a George Schrade wire handle jack. ...
xkbIV8D.jpg

- Stuart
Hi Stuart, I've never seen a Schrade wire jack in new condition or that pattern. Yours looks like mine after it was caught in a vise.View attachment 1128311
Those wire handle Schrades are nifty and notable, Stuart & Alan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying these two today, my SamDamLamb, and a Stag Bone Case Barlow Randy @r redden sent me recently :) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:
Ornate duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I like the term "SamDamLamb"! :thumbsup::cool::D

My wife and I were on a mini vacation over a long weekend. This one was with me every day and again today.

Peerless teardrop, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (You should get a bonestag Tribal Lock to go with it! ;))

I’m carrying these two today. One of my 2018 Forum knives and my Wright’s large Rosewood Lambsfoot. ...
Quality pair, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That was a lovely lot that you posted, GT, but those two caught my eye.
- Stuart
Appreciate your "comment posts" about everyone's daily carries, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for noticing my Vic Electrician and Case redbone canoe. :)

Thank you. :)
I'm carrying a smooth bone Rough Rider Barlow today, trying to decide if/what to scrimshaw. o_O
wyiKoJ5.jpg
I'm sure the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus would be a popular and meaningful scrimshaw choice! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rapturous relic, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The cast metal ad knives rock! :cool::cool:

Mail from Spain has arrived. My latest navaja by ArtesaniaHerrero.

full
~Don
Congrats on the sublime custom navaja, Don!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That red alox is bright enough to light up the darkest night. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) I already professed my enjoyment of Case chestnut jigged bone, and Vic Alox of any color is another addiction of mine (sometimes called "Alox Pox"). :rolleyes:

Plain and Fancy Canoes of the Week from Rough Rider and AG Russell:
canoe.ajb.closed.jpg
ZOzul8A.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Okapi Sable:
o2yxMaF.jpg

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a RR mini canoe:
mini.tort.mark.1open.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Thanks Jack! :)

I’m carrying these two today! Hope y’all have a great day! :)

29614756718_64fe6da2cd_b_d.jpg

I think that's a great pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! :) A lovely old TEW my friend! :thumbsup::)

Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:

It's hard to keep my African Rosewood Lambsfoot out of my pocket, so why fight it :D

Why indeed! :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Joshua, awesome custom :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Love the TEW.

Joshua that horn is a knock-out!

View attachment 1128695

Thanks Dwight, great pic :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! Nice old TEW and cool photo! Is that TEW new to you, I don’t remember seeing it.

Thanks a lot Nick, I have had that one a few years, but haven't carried it in a while :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black A fine TEW, I must say.

Donuts...I love em.
View attachment 1128850

Thanks Harvey, I love that pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

adM7T15.jpg

2 from Sheffield today! Just found the sharks tooth in the driveway where we're working.

Those two look good together David :) Nice find too :cool: :thumbsup:

Wooden Wednesday.

I always enjoy seeing that knife Dean :) I have a SHOT show model in ebony, but only rarely carry it :thumbsup:

Wooden Wednesday carry.
5RGKOCq.jpg

Smashing! :) :thumbsup:

Good golly, it is a struggle for me to keep up with this thread, even just to offer simple thank-yous, much less to laud the fine knives being posted.

GT, I agree with Harry (@Old Engineer) and Vince (@Prester John) that a folding hunter is a desirable addition, but not essential, unless you ARE A HUNTER or need one to complete a collection theme. Personally, I like the size and functionality of a large folding hunter, and I have many because I like and use them. That Case 6265 is 5 1/4" closed, 9 1/4" OAL. I have larger. They are great workers and easy to hold securely. Here's some:

xfgQXRr.jpg

ijm5O0Y.jpg

c32FeYQ.jpg

I know what you mean Stuart :eek: Awesome knives there my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Delightful pic of your AC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ornate duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I like the term "SamDamLamb"! :thumbsup::cool::D

View attachment 1129127
ZOzul8A.jpg

o2yxMaF.jpg

View attachment 1129130

- GT

Thanks for the kind words GT, that's a great line-up, and a reminder to carry my Okapi :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a good week :) Going with these two today :thumbsup:

FFDvyXZ.jpg

Z0vZZvD.jpg

Good golly, it is a struggle for me to keep up with this thread, even just to offer simple thank-yous, much less to laud the fine knives being posted.

GT, I agree with Harry (@Old Engineer) and Vince (@Prester John) that a folding hunter is a desirable addition, but not essential, unless you ARE A HUNTER or need one to complete a collection theme. Personally, I like the size and functionality of a large folding hunter, and I have many because I like and use them. That Case 6265 is 5 1/4" closed, 9 1/4" OAL. I have larger. They are great workers and easy to hold securely. Here's some:

xfgQXRr.jpg

Ron, I like California clips and spey blades, but I agree with you. Case should have made both variations, as they are great knives. Thanks for the kind words.

- Stuart
Stuart that’s a wonderful display of oldies my friend! :thumbsup: It’s a great photo, but I think they look better in person! ;)

Thanks Gary! :)

Today I’m totin a Tidioute #47 Viper with Orange Osage and a Wright’s medium Lambsfoot with Pere David Stag. :D

46662510184_ed97cfe515_b_d.jpg

Today I’m totin a Tidioute #47 Viper with Orange Osage and a Wright’s medium Lambsfoot with Pere David Stag. :D

46662510184_ed97cfe515_b_d.jpg
Ron, you’ve got a bunch that I enjoy ogling, but these two knives are special!
Osage is a beautiful, practical and under utilized knife wood, and the battle scarred stag is really cool.

Ron, you’ve got a bunch that I enjoy ogling, but these two knives are special!
Osage is a beautiful, practical and under utilized knife wood, and the battle scarred stag is really cool.
Jeff, thank you for the kind words my friend! I really do like Osage. It’s beautiful in its own way when new and ages gracefully as the knife is handled and used. :)

Skoll was a little jealous that I carried the Rosewood yesterday, so Skoll is getting his turn...
I named this knife Skoll after the fabled wolf that chases the sun through the sky. If you look at the pattern in the grain, you can clearly see the image of a wolf in there. Not to mention the wood glows brightly when in the sunlight. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I’ve got a couple of Vic florists with that same textured grip, and find it really inviting in feel. Your use of light really brings out that texture. Nicely done.
Yup,

I have a bunch with Nylon scales. Much prefer them to the regular cellidor.

I’ve got a couple of Vic florists with that same textured grip, and find it really inviting in feel. Your use of light really brings out that texture. Nicely done.

I definitely prefer the nylon covers over cellidor. You get a much better grip from nylon, and nylon doesn't show a ton of scratches.

Three for me today. The Case Tribal Lock falls into my pocket once again. Such a tremendous knife. The old red Pioneer, because I can't go a day without some sort of scout in my pocket, and I really love the look of worn red alox.

Then there's this new thing that I picked up off of auction. It's a modified Victorinox Pioneer with a Cerokoted alox frame, hardened steel pivots with screws, and stone washed blades. The camera angle is cleverly hiding one of those gadgets that clips to your pocket. The keyring has been removed. This is the only time I'll be showing it here, as it really breaks too far from it's traditional origins. A very handy knife with excellent workmanship, albeit too tactical looking for my liking.
JWDhD1qh.jpg

Part 2 :rolleyes:

Laudable looker, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Both knives are magnificent, Buzz! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those wire handle Schrades are nifty and notable, Stuart & Alan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Peerless teardrop, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (You should get a bonestag Tribal Lock to go with it! ;))

Appreciate your "comment posts" about everyone's daily carries, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for noticing my Vic Electrician and Case redbone canoe. :)

I'm sure the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus would be a popular and meaning fun scrimshaw choice! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rapturous relic, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The cast metal ad knives rock! :cool::cool:

Congrats on the sublime custom navaja, Don!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, John. :) I already professed my enjoyment of Case chestnut jigged bone, and Vic Alox of any color is another addiction of mine (sometimes called "Alox Pox"). :rolleyes:

View attachment 1129127
ZOzul8A.jpg

o2yxMaF.jpg

View attachment 1129130

- GT
Thanks GT :thumbsup:
I be a happy knife-nut :)
Nice AG Russell canoe there :cool:

Back