What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Ace pic David :cool: :thumbsup:

Yes, none of my friends suggested bringing a libel action :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

I did! :D It was actually coupled with a genuine compliment :)

I might have to save that one for the 'book' Dean, it's rather long and complicated :thumbsup:

Very classy Gary, is that a Loveless pattern? :thumbsup:

Great Lambsfoot pics guys :) :thumsup:

I've been carrying this one again today :thumbsup:

View attachment 1132455
That's such a wonderful knife, Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

Very classy Gary, is that a Loveless pattern? :thumbsup:
I think it's Bob Dozier's take on the Arkansas Toothpick pattern, that was likely a much bigger knife.

It's similar to the Loveless New York Special that is a Bob Loveless pattern. The blade is pretty much the same. The handle contours are different.

I read that some attribute the original Arkansas Toothpick pattern to an 1800s American blacksmith named James Black. Any relation?:):thumbsup:

NN3bNGm.jpg

Two for trapper Tues, plus the lambsfoot;)

Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly - really like your throwing knives David! :thumbsup: :D

Ray

Still catching up!

Dynamite duo of trappers, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Has anyone ever found an undesirable Black Box Winchester??)

Superb Sabre, Stuart, and salutary service to your late friend's family! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Loving the long, sweeping clip-point on that fishtail... Bowie-like... :thumbsup:

Great post Stuart. Thanks for sharing it.

Plaudits for helping out, Stuart, and congrats on the priceless keepsakes! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love seeing that Jarrett Fleming of yours!

Always liked a Green knife and that Green Burlap fixed is a grand example and a tribute too!

Cool knives, Stuart
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to all y'all.

That is an excellent pair to commemorate your military heritage, Stuart! My father was also in WWII; his three sons served in the Navy, Air Force and Army.

Thanks, Dean, and thanks to you, your brothers, and your father for your service. I had a cup of coffee with the Army beginning in the summer of 1972 at Ft. Bragg, NC. I didn't see any action, except for watching MPs round up 11-Bravos in downtown Fayette-nam.
- Stuart

I'm totin' two cousins on this Twosday: a Böker 9023 equal end jack and a Primble 5733 senator pen (also an equal end), both 3 1/8" with sunk joints and from around the same period, early 1960s for the Böker and 1940-1968 for the Primble. Oh, and the Primble is Böker-made.

KoNbWV1.jpg

df7Ny9p.jpg

The Primble does have a bit of fancy work - the backs of the brass liners are coined.

o4Oy6Ru.jpg

- Stuart

That's such a wonderful knife, Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

Thank you very much Dave :) :thumbsup:

I think it's Bob Dozier's take on the Arkansas Toothpick pattern, that was likely a much bigger knife.

It's similar to the Loveless New York Special that is a Bob Loveless pattern. The blade is pretty much the same. The handle contours are different.

I read that some attribute the original Arkansas Toothpick pattern to an 1800s American blacksmith named James Black. Any relation?:):thumbsup:

Thanks for the info Gary :) I've heard of James Black, but not a relation so far as I know :D :thumbsup:

I'm totin' two cousins on this Twosday: a Böker 9023 equal end jack and a Primble 5733 senator pen (also an equal end), both 3 1/8" with sunk joints and from around the same period, early 1960s for the Böker and 1940-1968 for the Primble. Oh, and the Primble is Böker-made.

KoNbWV1.jpg

df7Ny9p.jpg

The Primble does have a bit of fancy work - the backs of the brass liners are coined.

o4Oy6Ru.jpg

- Stuart

Beautiful jigged bone, file worked scales and sunk joints - what more could you ask for? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still catching up!

Thanks to all y'all.

Thanks, Dean, and thanks to you, your brothers, and your father for your service. I had a cup of coffee with the Army beginning in the summer of 1972 at Ft. Bragg, NC. I didn't see any action, except for watching MPs round up 11-Bravos in downtown Fayette-nam.
- Stuart
Lol Fayette-nam, I gotta remember that, I just pulled a 16 foot trailer through there this evening, traffic was white knuckle. Unfortunately gang violence is getting bad down there,so my boss says

Thanks to all y'all.

- Stuart[/QUOTE]

Tulips blooming in my neighbor's front yard... for some reason it inspired me to carry my red cadet.
I am not sure why... may be because of the colors or because Holland is closer to Switzerland than Ontario ? :)
Then on our afternoon walk my wife and I came upon this beautiful Trillium flowers, the symbol for Ontario.
How does all of this relates together ? ... I don't have a clue :)
eLgdgZt.jpg

T7zWV1Y.jpg

1ZTjU4h.jpg

Back