What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund @SteveC @5K Qs Thanks Jeff, Steve and Gary for the nice words. Really cool pic with that white moth or butterfly? Jeff! Gary I like that Joker lockback! Steve, I always enjoy seeing your oldies!

@Fodderwing Killer photos and knives as always!

@Duckdog Glad to see you back and a beautiful pair of Primble’s today!

cigarrodog cigarrodog Awesome lamb foot sir! Is that buffalo horn or bone?

@r8shell Love the work you did on your RR Rachel, it looks like a century old knife now!!
Thank you Nick. It’s Horn.

A neat folder from France came today via a friend @RayseM thanks again Ray she's a beaut and a brute at the same time, B&B ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
Cool, Gary :thumbsup:
Yeah, that @RayseM is a good ol' chap...
and you gotta see this, if you haven't already ;)

Stag 73 & 83 are a couple of my favorite GEC knives (based on appearance :rolleyes:); thanks for posting them, Alan and Pinemoon Pinemoon ! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Welcome, GT.
I'm still totin' it today :)

Only carry Stag on days that end with a "Y ". Checking out the Lettuce , Carrots , Beans , and Cucumber Plants in the Trug or raised garden .

Just happens to be a small farm 3 miles away that raises the Highland Cows.

Harry

I was told that those were pronounced "heddy coos"...... at least that's what it sounded like to me... I don't speak Scottish very well. I do better with the drink....

Beer trap on the road with me for the weekend.
RQBa691.jpg

Thanks GT, much appreciated! They played the lesser Gloria (I agree with you on it’s ranking) at the end of the game, everybody was singing it, strangers giving each other high fives, even some dancing in the streets. It was an amazing experience.

So I am definitely not breaking up the trio until at least this Sunday, and hopefully not until the end of the series :). Which is highly unlikely and I only have one more Blue traditional knife :eek:

Somehow I suspect this is not the "Gloria" sung at Mass.

Lol You are correct, it is an 80’s pop song by Laura Brannigan the team has adopted.

Not G! L! O! R! I! A! by Van Morrison :(

Cool, Gary :thumbsup:
Yeah, that @RayseM is a good ol' chap...
and you gotta see this, if you haven't already ;)

Welcome, GT.
I'm still totin' it today :)

Thanks I did see that video, always enjoy his reviews too and Ray had shared that one with me as it was what drew him to pick that folder up. Been using it all day today, just gives a feeling of confidence in use, a real no nonsense folder!
G2

I’ve been carrying this one recently
2FmbGzh.jpg

It’s a Klein TL29-style knife that I put new covers on. It’s far from perfect but I’m very pleased with it for my second attempt at a re-cover. I’ll probably keep tinkering with it and clean it up a bit more. I may post it in the “modified production knives” thread with some more details. If I get really motivated maybe I’ll start a new thread showing some work in progress.

2FmbGzh.jpg

It’s a Klein TL29-style knife that I put new covers on. It’s far from perfect but I’m very pleased with it for my second attempt at a re-cover. I’ll probably keep tinkering with it and clean it up a bit more. I may post it in the “modified production knives” thread with some more details. If I get really motivated maybe I’ll start a new thread showing some work in progress.

Looks really good! What are those scales? Some kind of stabilised wood, micarta??

Thanks, will

A little bigger than a Case Peanut is this Case mini Swell Center with stag scales andćhnm a 512 layer Parker Damascus blade forged in bulk for Jim Parker back in the 80s.

This is a great little knife, fully capable of edc tasks usually relegated to larger blades. The Damascus blade takes and holds a keen edge makin’ it a pleasure to use.

I think I’ll be carryin’ this one in my watch pocket for a while :)

s6DRdS2h.jpg
The

2FmbGzh.jpg

Great job on the re-cover. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

2FmbGzh.jpg

Nice work! I also am curious about the scales.

Here’s a color shot so you can see the burnt stag scales and a better pic of the Damascus. (Matt, (Charlie Mike) Freeman was gonna dip it into some notice for me to bring out the layers. It took me awhile but he was gettin’ into traditionals I gave him his first traditional folder.

04VWsMll.jpg

Back