What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hope everyone is doing well today! :D I’ve had a #77 and a #73 along today! :thumbsup:

47964983351_c4750501ec_b_d.jpg

Looks like it’s turnin’ into a stag & smooth bone Saturday. Here’s a vintage smooth bone from the early 20s.

A Graeff & Schmidt Jack Knife I rescued from the bottom of a paint soaked toolbox. After many hours of cleaning with a wooden detailing stick. a toothbrush and WD-40. A couple of overnight soaks this was the recipe for success.

z5JoWSHh.jpg

bdKBfdCh.jpg

lvzFMFQh.jpg

sDlpM6th.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I can improve on it, but it’s very functional. The material is rag micarta. I stumbled across a guy on Instagram that makes micarta and it turned out he lives in the next city south of me, so I met up with him and bought some material to try some re-covers.

The rag is a bit porous and seems to pick up dirt from my grungy hands at work. I need to clean it up and try to seal it with something. Maybe more oil or bees wax?
We call that “patina”, and it’s a badge of honor for a working knife.
And as you know, the TL-29 is a helluva work knife!

Started the day with just this old TEW in my pockets

and then the USPS carrier came with this

Then I was carrying them both

Harry

Nice.
Do your postman & couriers deliver on weekends:eek: very civilised
Australia post only delivers Mon to Fri, even private couriers don't deliver on weekends:(
exception is Christmas rush.
Cheers
mitch

Two of my favorites my friend . Very nice picture of them too .

Harry
Thank you Harry! :) We definitely agree on that my friend! :thumbsup:

Started the day with just this old TEW in my pockets

and then the USPS carrier came with this

Then I was carrying them both

Harry
Harry, I always enjoy seeing your TEW Lambsfoot. :) It’s such a great old knife! :thumbsup: Your new acquisition looks like a great knife as well. I look forward to seeing more of it! :thumbsup:

Nice.
Do your postman & couriers deliver on weekends:eek: very civilised
Australia post only delivers Mon to Fri, even private couriers don't deliver on weekends:(
exception is Christmas rush.
Cheers
mitch
Yes , they do still deliver Mail on Saturdays , at least in our area .

Harry

Back