What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I got a new stockman today, a Boker shadow pattern with toothpick and tweezers like an SAK. Nice bone, too.
I sharpened it up and will carry it for a couple days.

TzHvdjn.jpg

Thanks, Paul, it was the first one I'd ever seen. It came in a silver two-piece box with Tree Brand Classic on it, and pattern 6066 ZP. I think it's probably from the 1980s to early '90s, but not positive. Any Boker experts, please help!

Last edited:
Either way, it's a beautiful knife. The worn covers are drop-dead gorgeous to my eyes. Fit and finish is outstanding. Main blade is extremely full. Brass liners just add to the charm of this wonderful vintage knife.
The covers on your Camillus Scout are stunning!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Both are nice but I really like that Bull Moose!
Thanks Nick! I really like the under appreciated Bull Moose too!:)
Great beach weather in SoCal today but the waves weren’t that great. Got wet anyways and caught a few little waves before heading to work.
Looks like you have a sweet old slicer on top of a great "carver!" :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That checkered bone 78 is spectacular, sir! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary; GEC really did a great jigging job!:D
You're carrying a couple great picks today! Your "Union Jack" look very stout!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Last edited:
not me but I think it is a great idea and a great way to carry.
I’m always surprised when people remove the bail. I feel like they are missing the point.

Back in 2015 KnivesShipFree had a SFO Scout that came out with the first run of Beer Scouts. It was the orange camel bone version. It came with a nice leather lanyard similar to what I have. I wish all of the Beer Scouts had a lanyard option when sold as new.

Back