1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    The big Case folding hunter is gorgeous!
    It’s always good to plan ahead!:D

mitch13, Scott J. and scrteened porch like this.
  2. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    No they don't. We recharged batteries during night. We also tried to lenghten the available distance by adjusting how much the motor assists while pedaling on flat roads and using higher assist only when going uphill or pedaling into strong headwind.

scrteened porch likes this.
  3. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Smooth Orange bone 56 from the 2018 Rendezvous.
    [​IMG]

4. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    This is all today.

IMG_4877.JPG
    IMG_4870.JPG

jwb01, ISKRA, Marlingspike12 and 22 others like this.
  5. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    6D90C6BC-822F-4432-B15D-B152DD5066A1.jpeg GEC #43 and Schrade Walden #163 for me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Appealing jack (and photo), Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

"Classic" is appropriate for both knives in your church carry, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the 93 Rams Foot, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable time, John. :)
    I think that's a fabulous pic of your stag HHB; maybe the shadows are the key? :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and the compliments, Harvey and Dean and JJ and José. :):) I was surprised to note that the photo of the canoe collection is almost 2 years old already, so there are several canoes not represented there. :rolleyes:

Holy Mother of Pearl, Harvey!!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: Congrats on that jaw-dropping new acquisition!!

Cool memory of your reverse scrimshaw in the dirty snow, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup: Thanks, @SVTFreak. I hope Barry doesn't require too many folks in your region to need a canoe!

Congrats on that 93 Ram Foot, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think the bone color and jigging, the shield and its placement, and the double-lined bolster all contribute to making that a classy and comely knife!

Really well-matched, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your teardrop is more than a conquerer, Dean! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup: But not even a superb teardrop like that can separate us from the love of God!! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, Steve - looking good! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope your recovery goes quickly, and you get back on the bike ASAP.

Nice pic, Tom; that Plow looks great! :cool::thumbsup::cool: May I replace the "T" with a "C" (cheese)? ;)

Thanks for the info; the dyed elk looks good! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Congrats on the svelte Queen stockman! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm all ears! :rolleyes: We didn't have a single ear of fresh corn last summer, and I have to make certain that doesn't happen again! Sweet 77! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Potent pair, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: You ALWAYS get "instant" patina! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd be fascinated to see a "log" of your knife use for a week; you must make 100 cuts for every 1 I make! :rolleyes:

Clauss, but NO cigar??? ;):rolleyes: Awesome jack, Nick! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Man, your old knives are in such fine condition, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I like those "hangman noose" leather fobs, too. :)

Opulent orange (and blue) Alox, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)

For me this week,
    Alox is a Vic Money Clip in smooth black
    moneyclip.mark.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK is a Huntsman
    huntsman.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is a Rough Rider scout
    camper.red.mark.open.jpg

- GT

jwb01, Pt-Luso, JJ Cahill and 22 others like this.
  7. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

Back ~N~ Black Today! ;) Happy Monday :D

[​IMG]

8. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    I’ve always used a different technique for creating “artwork” in the snow!:eek:

9. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Ulster Number 10 Barlow and a SK Blades 'Gentleman' 110 this week.

Edit/Update: Decided to swap in a "Remington" Canoe and give the Ulster Barlow a week off.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  10. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Jack and Gary, thanks for the nice words!

Jack Black likes this.
  11. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    I have one just like it that I personally purchased back in the early '80s (maybe late '70s - don't remember). I've sharpened the thing once and it really holds an edge. Bought my dad one, at that time, too and he sharpened the knife blades all down to nubs. Yours looks in like new condition - very nice!

SVTFreak, Old Hunter and Prester John like this.
  12. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    IMG_1253.JPG

[​IMG]

13. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you GT. :)

Going light today IMG_4019.jpeg

Pomsbz, jwb01, Pt-Luso and 25 others like this.
  14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Such a sweet barlow !!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fodderwing and cigarrodog like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm totin' two Barlow's today. I hope everyone's week is off to a great start! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I'll bet Sheffield was as sooty as Pittsburgh, back in the day!
    It's a challenge to find beauty in the dirt...
    :oops: That's a different challenge for some of us. :D

Have a good week, Porcheteers!
    [​IMG]

jwb01, ISKRA, Marlingspike12 and 21 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you for your very kind words, GT. :)

cigarrodog likes this.
  18. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Great photo and superlative pinched beauty !

cigarrodog likes this.
  19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Spending the day in paradise...
    [​IMG]

Onebigbill, cjtamu, jwb01 and 25 others like this.
  20. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks JJ! It was quite the feast, and the thin grind on the Plow makes it a great slicer. I was shaving that tomato with it :)

Thanks GT, and of course! My better half does the same thing with pepper jack, while I am a purist :), but variety is the spice of life. Great pic of the Huntsman, that looks to be the perfect blending between my two favorites, the Farmer and the Pioneer X.

These two for me today.

[​IMG]

jwb01, ISKRA, Pt-Luso and 26 others like this.