What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carrying my 77 today.

i-HMWfKVK-X4.jpg

Big & little today.
I've had the big case for years but never carried it before. You folks have inspired me to give it a whirl:D
Looks huge against my little anza:eek:
Mitch
fr5MZy.jpg
zsWnPc.jpg
The big Case folding hunter is gorgeous!
I'd forgotten about electric bicycles. It sounds like they don't recharge from pedalling and braking, then?
wGBMyPN.jpg

I must drag my bikes out of the back of the garage before Winter. Maybe after a rain, so the ground is softer to fall on.
It’s always good to plan ahead!:D

I'd forgotten about electric bicycles. It sounds like they don't recharge from pedalling and braking, then?
wGBMyPN.jpg

I must drag my bikes out of the back of the garage before Winter. Maybe after a rain, so the ground is softer to fall on.
No they don't. We recharged batteries during night. We also tried to lenghten the available distance by adjusting how much the motor assists while pedaling on flat roads and using higher assist only when going uphill or pedaling into strong headwind.

Appealing jack (and photo), Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Church carry.View attachment 1161213Voos jack, and a Camillus Rimfire Classic pen.
"Classic" is appropriate for both knives in your church carry, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the 93 Rams Foot, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Heading out for three days... Little fishing trip. :cool:
Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable time, John. :)
I think that's a fabulous pic of your stag HHB; maybe the shadows are the key? :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. The covers are rams horn. It’s an older one. What a splendid collection of Canoes
Thank you, Gary; I haven't seen any other Midnight Stag knives posted here either.

Your cacophony of canoes is quite striking. Kudos on your collection. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's a very cool flotilla of canoes you have, wow!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Congratulations Gary, but what an impressive collection of canoes!!!:):thumbsup:
Thanks for the info and the compliments, Harvey and Dean and JJ and José. :):) I was surprised to note that the photo of the canoe collection is almost 2 years old already, so there are several canoes not represented there. :rolleyes:

Through @Jack Black and many others, I’ve caught Vintage Sheffield Cutlery-itus.

Ibberson/Stan Shaw 1959 Stockman with all the trimmings.
View attachment 1161257
0BB3B82E-5550-4795-9332-B6144E84977F_zpslwozple3.jpeg

3853AC3B-2A7C-48AC-ADD6-31A51837816B_zpshccdhcnc.jpeg

Holy Mother of Pearl, Harvey!!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: Congrats on that jaw-dropping new acquisition!!

Pure carbon like black snow! :D
When I was very young, and living in Phillie, the snow that piled up between the sidewalk and street would turn black from car exhaust. I would take a stick and draw lines, breaking through the crust of soot. The bright white lines exposed were striking. Reverse scrimshaw!
Cool memory of your reverse scrimshaw in the dirty snow, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You may one day end up up a creek without a paddle, but you'll never lack for the canoe.
:D :thumbsup: Thanks, @SVTFreak. I hope Barry doesn't require too many folks in your region to need a canoe!

Congrats on that 93 Ram Foot, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think the bone color and jigging, the shield and its placement, and the double-lined bolster all contribute to making that a classy and comely knife!

@Modoc ED and I decided it was going to be Case Amber Bone Large Stockman Day.
So both of these are coming on the trip with me. I think they make a handsome pair. :cool:
Really well-matched, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A teardrop for Sunday.

Your teardrop is more than a conquerer, Dean! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup: But not even a superb teardrop like that can separate us from the love of God!! ;):cool::cool:

I emailed you a ick-sure so you can have a good ROFLMAO minute or three. :)
Thanks, Steve - looking good! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope your recovery goes quickly, and you get back on the bike ASAP.

BLT anyone? :)

wzjdYCE.jpg
Nice pic, Tom; that Plow looks great! :cool::thumbsup::cool: May I replace the "T" with a "C" (cheese)? ;)

Whoa, dynamite duo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers of the pen knife.

Thanks 5K Qs, I'm second owner of the pen knife and I believe the covers are elk. When I got it they were a bit bland looking for my taste so I took some dye to 'em for a bit more color. Glad you like it and thanks for the comment.:)
Thanks for the info; the dyed elk looks good! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

D2 Queen baby in da house :)
Love this knife !
Thanks Jeff AKA Black Mamba :thumbsup:
Many nice knives have come and gone and this one I will never let go .
UJIz7VB.jpg
Congrats on the svelte Queen stockman! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dinner time

md3HWZN.jpg
I'm all ears! :rolleyes: We didn't have a single ear of fresh corn last summer, and I have to make certain that doesn't happen again! Sweet 77! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Potent pair, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: You ALWAYS get "instant" patina! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd be fascinated to see a "log" of your knife use for a week; you must make 100 cuts for every 1 I make! :rolleyes:

Clauss, but NO cigar??? ;):rolleyes: Awesome jack, Nick! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Today I'll be toting these 2 early 40's super slicers, a Navy EO jack and a early Kutmaster scout:D
Man, your old knives are in such fine condition, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I like those "hangman noose" leather fobs, too. :)

A good day for everyone.:):thumbsup:
2rzcumh.jpg
Opulent orange (and blue) Alox, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic Canoe collection GT :) I get confused myself! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

For me this week,
Alox is a Vic Money Clip in smooth black
moneyclip.mark.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK is a Huntsman
huntsman.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is a Rough Rider scout
camper.red.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Pure carbon like black snow! :D
When I was very young, and living in Phillie, the snow that piled up between the sidewalk and street would turn black from car exhaust. I would take a stick and draw lines, breaking through the crust of soot. The bright white lines exposed were striking. Reverse scrimshaw!

I’ve always used a different technique for creating “artwork” in the snow!:eek:

Ulster Number 10 Barlow and a SK Blades 'Gentleman' 110 this week.

Edit/Update: Decided to swap in a "Remington" Canoe and give the Ulster Barlow a week off.

Last edited:
Buck-303-Camillus.jpg

Buck 303 Cadet since Friday - older Camillus built variation, real nice pocketknife. OH
I have one just like it that I personally purchased back in the early '80s (maybe late '70s - don't remember). I've sharpened the thing once and it really holds an edge. Bought my dad one, at that time, too and he sharpened the knife blades all down to nubs. Yours looks in like new condition - very nice!

That brings back memories Rachel :) I was just thinking the same thing about the bolsters! :D :thumbsup:
I'll bet Sheffield was as sooty as Pittsburgh, back in the day!
Cool memory of your reverse scrimshaw in the dirty snow, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's a challenge to find beauty in the dirt...
I’ve always used a different technique for creating “artwork” in the snow!:eek:
:oops: That's a different challenge for some of us. :D

Have a good week, Porcheteers!
nhQClen.jpg

Back