What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Aristocratic, John!
Thanks you, GT. :)

Birthday carry!!!
56qob1R.jpg
Happy Birthday Taylor. :cool::thumbsup:

Stunning pair Taylor :thumbsup: Happy Birthday! :) :thumbsup:

I started out carrying my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot, but then a gift package turned up from Mr @paulhilborn :) Along with the amazing sheep's head was a 4-line Camillus Easy-Open Jack, which went straight in my pocket :) Many thanks Paul :) :thumbsup:

MsszWDt.jpg
Beautiful knife, Jack...and a very nice gesture @paulhilborn :cool::thumbsup:

That lambsfoot is a looker, JaxBaron JaxBaron :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:; rosewood handle, right? I have one that looks very similar, stripes and all, and I love it!
2.UJ.pile.window.jpg

Grand gunstock (and great guitar guy), Lance! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tuesday is usually taco night at my place, and generally Sunday is more of a feast, but it is just too hot today to use the grill or oven. So Taco Sunday it is, with my Pioneer X :).

7BPGk4V.jpg
I'll bet those tacos hit the spot, Tom, even on Sunday! And your blue Pioneer X marks the spot, too! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dignified and delightful lambsfoot duo, P&G! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Just this one today:
CfpTcBO.jpg

African rosewood lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield. (That's an English bloke on the mug, by the way.)
Pretty as a picture, Vince, you Texas bloke! ;):cool::cool:

Carrying these 2 again today .

Harry
You could make a persuasive case for carrying those 2 again for every day from now on, Harry! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I will be toting my Spanish polished stag navaja to cheer me up on Blue Monday:
agdiT6A.jpg

From Master Artisan José Antonio Herreros Gomez, Albacete, España.
Gorgeous navaja, Vince, and that's no bull! :cool::cool:;)

For Monday I'll be toting my favorite new Swiss pal with a slice'n WWII Ulster TL-29 :)
Your new Farmer is a green dream, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

STAG for me as well :cool:

06vZ5FN.jpg
What IS that stag knife on the left, Will? It's very attractive, I've noticed in your recent pics, it looks vaguely familiar, but I can't identify it! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1166026 #54 in linen micarta
View attachment 1166025 The Wenger Handyman does not often get pictured in this thread, but it is always in my left front pocket. And the pitted but scary sharp pre-70 Peanut with the wonderful Case redbone is always in that little pocket made for guitar picks.
That's a trustworthy trio, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I have a lot of SAKs, but only 2 are Wenger (see a little Esquire below), and I'm not sure why Wenger is such a small minority for me.

Das Messer ist wunderbar! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Otter Ankermesser?

I know it’s Monday, but I’ll carry Ebony on any day that ends with a “Y”! ;) These two from Charlie C for me. Y’all have a great day! :D

48346938297_b01eebd79c_b_d.jpg
Ebony classics, Ron! Black as coal! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Tell me again why I've spent thousands on higher end productions and customs? Lol.View attachment 1166065
I could ask a similar question, Alan, but for me the thousands have been spent on LOTS of lower-to-middle end production knives, and the question arises each time I pick up an Opinel.

:D It does make a nice knife stand, doesn't it?
Z5qhYPT.jpg
It sure does! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (And after typing "Rack 'em", somehow I was reminded of how much I enjoyed the game Rack-O as a kid. :rolleyes:)

I loaded up a different set of knives today to take me through next Sunday.
Alox of the Week is an Old Cross red Pioneer:
red.OC.pioneer.mark.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Wenger Esquire:
wenger.esquire.b4.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles demo knife:
demo.mark.open.jpg

- GT

That lambsfoot is a looker, JaxBaron JaxBaron :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:; rosewood handle, right? I have one that looks very similar, stripes and all, and I love it!
View attachment 1166259

Grand gunstock (and great guitar guy), Lance! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll bet those tacos hit the spot, Tom, even on Sunday! And your blue Pioneer X marks the spot, too! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dignified and delightful lambsfoot duo, P&G! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Pretty as a picture, Vince, you Texas bloke! ;):cool::cool:

You could make a persuasive case for carrying those 2 again for every day from now on, Harry! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Gorgeous navaja, Vince, and that's no bull! :cool::cool:;)

Your new Farmer is a green dream, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

What IS that stag knife on the left, Will? It's very attractive, I've noticed in your recent pics, it looks vaguely familiar, but I can't identify it! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a trustworthy trio, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I have a lot of SAKs, but only 2 are Wenger (see a little Esquire below), and I'm not sure why Wenger is such a small minority for me.

Das Messer ist wunderbar! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Otter Ankermesser?

I could ask a similar question, Alan, but for me the thousands have been spent on LOTS of lower-to-middle end production knives, and the question arises each time I pick up an Opinel.

It sure does! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (And after typing "Rack 'em", somehow I was reminded of how much I enjoyed the game Rack-O as a kid. :rolleyes:)

View attachment 1166277

View attachment 1166278

View attachment 1166280

- GT
Thanks GT. Yea our rosewoods could almost be twins.

Birthday carry!!!
56qob1R.jpg
Happy Birthday!
If you are thinking of making this a birthday tradition, I can help. Just get those beauties to me by late December.:D

Stunning pair Taylor :thumbsup: Happy Birthday! :) :thumbsup:

I started out carrying my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot, but then a gift package turned up from Mr @paulhilborn :) Along with the amazing sheep's head was a 4-line Camillus Easy-Open Jack, which went straight in my pocket :) Many thanks Paul :) :thumbsup:

MsszWDt.jpg
Well done, Mr. Hilborn!:thumbsup:

I think that is the regular stockman. The medium stockman is 3 5/8 in. There is also a large one that s about 4 1/8 in., I think. Yours may be the ideal size. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Case calls many of the stockman models, including 3 1/4 inch, 3 3/16 inch, 3 5/8 inch and 3 7/8 inch ones medium. At least that is what shows up on their website when you do a search for 'medium stockman.' To my knowledge, the small stockman seems to refer to only one model as does the large. Very confusing to me. I've also seen the 3 5/8 inch one called a premium stockman.

View attachment 1166277

View attachment 1166278

View attachment 1166280

- GT

Your Old Cross red Pioneer is such a grail, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also remember Rack-O; it was one of my favorite games in my youth. It's odd how something that was such a part of my life is nothing more than a pleasant memory for me now.

red-oc-pioneer-mark-closed-jpg.1166277
Thanks Gary! :) Both of the classics have very nice Jet Black Ebony! Your Old Cross Pioneer is a very desirable SAK! :thumbsup: A classic! :)

For the fourth July 22nd in a row, I'm carrying this Nifebrite #71 Bull Nose.

j9KHHf6.jpg

Three years ago, I had this knife in my pocket when our daughter, Eleanor, was born.

NaAScxK.jpg

Since then, it's been my go-to carry for her birthday and any other special milestones. I've made a point to get a picture of her with the knife every year on her birthday, and I enjoy getting to share them with you all.

Here she was on her first birthday:

c1PI0le.jpg

And last year on her second:

6nP6c53.jpg

And here she is holding her knife today:

OZcyecw.jpg

For the fourth July 22nd in a row, I'm carrying this Nifebrite #71 Bull Nose.

j9KHHf6.jpg

Three years ago, I had this knife in my pocket when our daughter, Eleanor, was born.

NaAScxK.jpg

Since then, it's been my go-to carry for her birthday and any other special milestones. I've made a point to get a picture of her with the knife every year on her birthday, and I enjoy getting to share them with you all.

Here she was on her first birthday:

c1PI0le.jpg

And last year on her second:

6nP6c53.jpg

And here she is holding her knife today:

OZcyecw.jpg
Pretty cool, Barrett. Lovely child. :thumbsup:

Back