What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

What a remarkable pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The stockman with the walnut Rogers jigged bone and quad-threaded bolsters is such a stylish knife, and the wood sheepsfoot isn't classically stylish at all, but has such substance (and yours has an impressive edge)!

- GT

Thank you, Gary!

Peanut-like Knife of the Week for me is a Rough Rider 2-blade whittler:
View attachment 1169295

Stag/Horn Knife this week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly stockman:
View attachment 1169296

Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 Guardians lambsfoot that I named Black Jack:
View attachment 1169297

- GT

I like to pick the knife in your group that I like the best. That was difficult today, but the RR stag sowbelly stockman wins! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Striking Swayback, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (The "3 coins in the fountain" are also nice. ;))

I'll post my quotidian quartet as I do most Sundays:
View attachment 1169529

- GT

Thanks, Gary. Your QQ is looking good as usual. :thumbsup:

It's a A. Wright & Son Lamb Foot

mhYC9aAh.jpg
Thanks for the ID Steve, it’s a real nice one!

Thanks, Nick. My appreciation for the Primbles, at least the ones that I have, has grown steadily as I handle them.
I totally see why Stuart! And another beautiful one you have today.

Looked like an English Jack to me.
That's a lot of knife in a small package.

I totally see why Stuart! And another beautiful one you have today.

That knife is heavenly ! Wow

Thanks, guys. Cutfinger Cutfinger , I can understand the English jack relation; I think that it may be the capital bolsters. This is Primble's idea of an English jack (a #5727 from 1940-1968) at 4 1/8".

mIyXd3c.jpg

m4YdrwA.jpg

tnWrBL1.jpg

I'm heading for an outdoor cook-out/cocktail party and have just switched to the English jack for a change of pace.

- Stuart

Too lazy to give it much thought, I picked another Primble to pack in my pocket today.

3v1ceWF.jpg

HlOpKc2.jpg

OInzhAe.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks, guys. Cutfinger Cutfinger , I can understand the English jack relation; I think that it may be the capital bolsters. This is Primble's idea of an English jack (a #5727 from 1940-1968) at 4 1/8".

mIyXd3c.jpg

m4YdrwA.jpg

tnWrBL1.jpg

I'm heading for an outdoor cook-out/cocktail party and have just switched to the English jack for a change of pace.

- Stuart

Both absolute beauties Stuart !

Congrats on the fantastic new arrivals, Dave & Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Dave, the saw cut bone on yours is exceptional! Ron, the covers on yours remind me of a cereal my wife sometimes gets - Great Grains! ;)
Thanks Gary! :) Great Grains! :thumbsup: :D

Wonderful grain in that one Ron!
Thanks Dwight! :)

Thanks, Ron, as your pair brightened my morning. (As you can tell, I'm still catching up to the thread.)

Gorgeous, Ron. Congratulations.

This old Hammer Brand is my idea of a coke bottle handle:

A5kyvgH.jpg
Thanks for the compliments Stuart! :) That NYK is a fantastic ole Coke Bottle! :thumbsup: :D Your Primble Show today is outstanding! Having been fortunate to handle each I’ll say they are even better in person! :D

Where has this day gone?! :rolleyes: I’m just now setting in for a little relaxing! Hope y’all have had a great weekend! :thumbsup: :D Been totin these today! :)

27821860177_76e06354a1_b_d.jpg

Glad you're liking your sowbelly, JJ, and thanks, as always, for your positive comments. :)
Yes, the sowbelly really fits my hand nicely! Well deserved positive retorts to you great choices and musings!!!:D
"Surf and Turf" :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, it seemed apropos!;)
I'll post my quotidian quartet as I do most Sundays:
My late father would have loved your "Euler's Identity" knife; I think about him each time I see it! Quite a musical quartet Gary!!! :)
Lovely duo. Especially the Robeson! :eek:
Thanks Dwight!:D
Thank you GT. Mighty fine Sunday Quartet! :cool:
Love the knife and the image! It has a very 3 dimensional feel to it; very cool!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
and the scars to prove it :D Thank you...it's one of my favorites !!
I can certainly see why, Gev!!!
Absolutely beautiful, JJ.
Thank you Stuart!!!:D
Both are beauties, JJ, but that BB Winchester blows me away. You are really bringing the heat, sir.
Thanks again Stuart!!! I'm just riding your wake as your line up of the coffin jack yesterday, and your NYKCo followed by 2 Primble beauties today, is a tough act to follow!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Pocket knife if I need to cut something and pocket jewelry just cause...
The perfect pairing, Nick!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Last edited:
Carried the premium stockman while mowing the back pastures. Love watching the cow birds (egrets) hunt in the freshly cut grass, every know and then one gets a snake and it’s on! However....
12C6275F-BE74-4CBD-999D-7162A8B9B6C0.jpeg

It got more of a workout using the sheeps foot to open toys for the 4yr old....
A1B151D3-781B-4123-B5E5-4A768842C20C.jpeg

WOW! Can't believe it's been 2 months since I posted. Missed being here seeing all of your beautiful knives and sharing pics with you all. Life, health, vacation, etc. teamed up to keep me away. I got a lot of threads to catch up on, but I gotta post something today. Today's companion, Electric Cut Co
cVrjWOB.jpg

Carried the premium stockman while mowing the back pastures. Love watching the cow birds (egrets) hunt in the freshly cut grass, every know and then one gets a snake and it’s on! However....
View attachment 1169864

It got more of a workout using the sheeps foot to open toys for the 4yr old....
View attachment 1169859

Man, I love that stockman. One day but it's just not in the budget right now. Too much money spent on vacations for the family and parts for the hot rod lately. Lol

Last edited:
Back