What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I think there are three sizes: the original size can, which everyone should be familiar with; a half-size can; and individual portions in foil packets.

I don't think I have ever eaten that stuff. Are you sure it's human food? :eek::D

But I remember how the topic of Spam came up...when I was a kid, I used to love peanut butter and liver sausage sandwiches. Ever tried that?
Mom used to buy it in a waxed paper tube. It's been about 50 years. My Mom knew how to stretch the food budget.:thumbsup:

Knife content!
My trusty Peanut is going to help clean up these finger nails after spending the day in the garden. Don’t want to offend the church ladies tomorrow!
View attachment 1169375

Last edited:
I almost feel like I am spamming with so many pics of my ram :)
Contributing factors are that my collection is small, I am not able to buy knives often and on top of that I have committed to carrying this knife everyday for one year.
Needless to say I LOVE this knife,
Anyhoo... I'll try to be original, please bear with me :)
veSp2Ct.jpg

Contributing factors are that my collection is small, I am not able to buy knives often and on top of that I have committed to carrying this knife everyday for one year.
veSp2Ct.jpg
When a knife is beautiful and loved by its’s owner, there’s no such thing as too much. Bring it on.:thumbsup:

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She normally uses Chinese knives to keep the cost down, but I cannot abide by those products. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.
You picked an outstanding canvas for the wonderful scrimshaw art; a unique and lovely knife!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The Dog Soldier NYKCo Dogleg 1935 Walking Liberty
Super nice NYKCo "Dog Soldier" Gev!!! I'm sure that old soldier has some tales!:D
Very nice work Greg. Congrats.

img_4324-jpeg.1169051
That's the coolest old Imperial Barlow I have yet to see, Dwight!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Another amazing pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Both are older than I am (one by only 2-5 years), but both are in much better condition than I am!! :D:thumbsup:
Thanks Gary; I can fully relate!!!:rolleyes:
I've been meaning to ask you what model time-machine you use to get these knives!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks again, Gary!!! I ponder the same question each time I peruse the remarkable collection of beauties in the BF "Old Knives" thread!!!:confused:
Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 Guardians lambsfoot that I named Black Jack:
You have assuredly covered your "cutlery bases" as demonstrated in your 3 great choices!!! I am really liking the sowbelly pattern that you clearly know so well!:D
That is unquestionably a wonderful knife; I can see your great attraction Dan!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I
veSp2Ct.jpg
Can see why you love it. A great little knife. Cheers.

I used to love peanut butter and liver sausage sandwiches. Ever tried that?

No, Jeff, I never tried that one, but my grandma always served us peanut butter and mayonnaise on open-faced toast when we went to her house. To this day, it's one of my favorite snacks. I'm still carrying the Shapleigh cattle knife in buff horn. It's interesting to me that this knife has a plain nick on the main, but a long pull on the sheepfoot . . . seems backwards. o_O

p9UzgQf.jpg

End of day post, had this one today and put it to use on some rogue threads:eek: No food prep, but certainly in it's future;)

Thank you for this wonderful knife Duncan:thumbsup:
zROd77.jpg

Select Sunday;) Apricot a day keeps the knife voodoo at bay:D

r2oyrPj.jpg
Sublime lambsfoot knives, Harvey & Paul & Will! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: That Buffalo cutlery company is making quite a splash! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Dave, you should ask your wife to paint that "still life knife" for you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Saturday SBJ.

Striking Swayback, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (The "3 coins in the fountain" are also nice. ;))

That custom Buck is a champ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Dwight, I'm not a huge fan of Barlows as a knife pattern, but I sure enjoy the variety of bolster stamps they bear, and your Hammer Brand stamp is outstanding! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

These two the last couple days. Cadet and No. 6.

View attachment 1169078
Man, that pair can do about everything I'd ever ask a knife to do! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Sometimes realizing that makes me feel pretty silly about all the other knives I have, and want to get in the future. :rolleyes:

This came in the mail. I like it.
pI4qgYO.jpg
I got this in the mail today. :thumbsup: It’s in the pocket now! :D
48391056156_e792894c47_b_d.jpg
Congrats on the fantastic new arrivals, Dave & Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Dave, the saw cut bone on yours is exceptional! Ron, the covers on yours remind me of a cereal my wife sometimes gets - Great Grains! ;)

I put this one in my pocket this morning and haven't regretted a thing. Kinda perked me up!

NVN8x8B.jpg

- Stuart
Splendid knife, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: To my inexperienced eye, it appears to be a coke bottle coffin pattern! :eek::rolleyes:

Nice stag on that Sowbelly, Gary!
Thanks, Lance. :) Impressive job of inletting the propeller shield, too. :thumbsup:

But I remember how the topic of Spam came up...when I was a kid, I used to love peanut butter and liver sausage sandwiches. Ever tried that?
Mom used to buy it in a waxed paper tube. It's been about 50 years. My Mom knew how to stretch the food budget.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1169375
That's certainly a blast from the past, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D I never had PB and liver sausage, but I sure scooped my share of the stuff out of the tube to spread on bread, add mustard, and stick into my school lunch box/bag! We also called it liverwurst, and one of my grandmothers called it Braunschweiger, I think.
We'll go on vacation soon, and I often have a sandwich for lunch while we're in our rented cottage. The past few years, it's become a tradition for me to have summer sausage on my sandwich, but maybe I should go with liverwurst this year! ;):thumbsup::cool:

veSp2Ct.jpg
If you got it, flaunt it, CDan! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Stunning grain on your knife's handles!

GT its kinda like me old skool, wearing hi-tech skinny jeans :p
Dave, you are SO fashion-forward, compared to me! :p:thumbsup: I need your advice: do they make skinny carpenter jeans, or won't I be able to get my fencing pliers out of the leg pocket?

Thanks Gary; I can fully relate!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again, Gary!!! I ponder the same question each time I peruse the remarkable collection of beauties in the BF "Old Knives" thread!!!:confused:

You have assuredly covered your "cutlery bases" as demonstrated in your 3 great choices!!! I am really liking the sowbelly pattern that you clearly know so well!:D
Glad you're liking your sowbelly, JJ, and thanks, as always, for your positive comments. :)

Today's tote will be my cutlery version of "Surf and Turf"; an Abalone Winchester "black box" Congress and a Bovine Robeson PE Pen.:D
"Surf and Turf" :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Another exemplary 25, Trav; handsome jigging on this one! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'll post my quotidian quartet as I do most Sundays:
2018.11.EDC.flash.jpg

- GT

I got this in the mail today. :thumbsup: It’s in the pocket now! :D

48391049056_41a5f5c710_b_d.jpg

48391056156_e792894c47_b_d.jpg
Wonderful grain in that one Ron!

That's the coolest old Imperial Barlow I have yet to see, Dwight!
Thank you JJ.

Today's tote will be my cutlery version of "Surf and Turf"; an Abalone Winchester "black box" Congress and a Bovine Robeson PE Pen.
Lovely duo. Especially the Robeson! :eek:

Dwight, I'm not a huge fan of Barlows as a knife pattern, but I sure enjoy the variety of bolster stamps they bear, and your Hammer Brand stamp is outstanding!
Thank you GT. Mighty fine Sunday Quartet! :cool:

IMG_3384.jpeg

Back