1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Ya know... I had just recently made up my mind that if I have my choice when the upcoming 77s are available, I was going with the blackwood. Please refrain from posting any more red sawcut bone until after those are released. Thank you!

:D:thumbsup:

3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Well... I'll tell you what, you go with the Blackwood, I'll go with the Red Sawcut. Everyone's happy, right? :D

4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I keep having a similar dilemma.
    I keep going back and forth between Red Bone and Black Wood.

5. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Blood red TC Barlow and Navy blue Case mini copperhead.

[​IMG]

6. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’m toting the Russell at work

[​IMG]

7. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    These two workhorses! What a great pair.
    IMG_20190813_143548.jpg

8. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  9. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Fresh Marinara sauce.
    [​IMG]

10. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    This knife is too red:cool:
    [​IMG]

11. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2010 Half Congress in Stag
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2005
    Some Waynorth Ebony Goodness.

ebony lambsfoot.jpg

13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Sir, its a photogenic knife for sure. :D But I must confess I sure wish I had purchased an ebony as well, I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up. :rolleyes:

14. FSU1992

FSU1992 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Vanilla beans and my 15 black micarta at work today.
    [​IMG]

15. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Nice warm color and glow to that handle, I also like the blade combo.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cutfinger and 315 like this.
  16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Rachel. :) Gotta get some pics of the canoe in the environment that inspired it. ;):cool: Saw this guy this morning (and I think it saw me :p):
    whitebird2.2019.jpg

OH, that's a splendid canoe! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Any idea on the time frame during which Case was producing a CV chestnut jigged bone canoe? I really like the chestnut jigged bone, but their current offerings don't include the canoe.

Thanks, Stuart; that knife has been my main kitchen knife on vacation, but the big rabid squirrel BIT my thumb last night! :mad: Other than that, the vacation has been très magnifique so far! :thumbsup::)

Very cool find, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :)

Do you think it might have been modified, e.g., re-covered??

Thanks, Lance. :)

Count me in! :thumbsup::D I can find both spellings online, but until today, everything I saw regarding the Canal Street model used the "illogical" spelling. But I happened to find this BF thread which uses our preferred spelling:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-bfc-2007-canittler-is-completed.520007/

:thumbsup::thumbsup:;) Agree! My (possibly totally inaccurate) memory is that my elementary school finished by Memorial Day and started after Labor Day. It was a farming community, and that may have influenced the schedule.

I hope your new school year is as superb as your rosewood lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, JJ, for your positive commentary. :)

:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Nick :); that chestnut jigged Sod Buster Jr. has sentimental value for me. I still don't have a black or yellow synthetic SBJr, yet! :rolleyes:

Superb photo, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Do you play?)

Thanks, Jack; no real holiday complaints from me! :)
    What a pair you're toting! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

SMOOOOOTH Duo, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:D:thumbsup::cool:

That's a pair of preeminent pale pairs to ponder, Gary! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate your opinions, Stuart. :)

I didn't even realize they offered a single clip version; nice, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Always a treat to see the Weck, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Handsome knife, Stuart; the bone has the color and jigging characteristic of so many of @SteveC's knives, like THIS beauty that follows! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Congrats, Joshua; thanks for the update! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Back in school yet?

Superb sowbelly stockman! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

GEE-ODE! that's a jewel of a knife, Dave! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Patriotic and pretty pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Here are more knives that I took on our 2-week vacation; we head for home Saturday morning.
    Stockman of the Fortnight is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
    sowbelly.mark.open.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Fortnight is also a sowbelly, in ram's horn by Marbles:
    sowbelly.ram.pile.3open.deckflat.jpg

- GT

TFBraden, Pàdruig, RDaneel and 26 others like this.
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :) :thumbsup:

dc50 likes this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. Are you returning as well?

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks! I never know what I'm going to find at the gun show. There are always some nice knives that are overpriced, and always a lot of junk, which I can tell at a glance. But I always find something I like at a reasonable price.
    Thanks. I do not play, but my youngest son does. In fact, he is playing now as I type this on my iPhone with my stubby fingers. He doesn't play The Who, though, (whose [pun intended :D] song I quoted in my post); just classical!

Glad you are enjoying your vacation. Those are good-looking stockmans you took along.

20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    GEE-ODE! GT :p
    5de8dfb10b81e3d42e880bbf7d67a9c9.jpg