What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It felt like a Barlow kind of day, especially since I just ordered a Case Barlow for my son's birthday coming up.

zj8llVW.jpg
Ya know... I had just recently made up my mind that if I have my choice when the upcoming 77s are available, I was going with the blackwood. Please refrain from posting any more red sawcut bone until after those are released. Thank you!

:D:thumbsup:

Ya know... I had just recently made up my mind that if I have my choice when the upcoming 77s are available, I was going with the blackwood. Please refrain from posting any more red sawcut bone until after those are released. Thank you!

Well... I'll tell you what, you go with the Blackwood, I'll go with the Red Sawcut. Everyone's happy, right? :D

I keep having a similar dilemma.
I keep going back and forth between Red Bone and Black Wood.

I thought you might bring that one on your vacation. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)
Thanks, Rachel. :) Gotta get some pics of the canoe in the environment that inspired it. ;):cool: Saw this guy this morning (and I think it saw me :p):
whitebird2.2019.jpg

Ps Had to find the picture, but this is a 1999 Chestnut Bone Case Canoe with CV blades. Very similar to the color shown in the 1998 6318 MED Stockman.
Case-62131-CV-1999.jpg
OH, that's a splendid canoe! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Any idea on the time frame during which Case was producing a CV chestnut jigged bone canoe? I really like the chestnut jigged bone, but their current offerings don't include the canoe.

Thanks, GT. Your Cognet L'Ecureuil is sleek and simple - all that it needs to be. I'm glad that you had a chance to get away for a bit.

- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart; that knife has been my main kitchen knife on vacation, but the big rabid squirrel BIT my thumb last night! :mad: Other than that, the vacation has been très magnifique so far! :thumbsup::)

Thanks, Gary. I'd probably call it a pen rather than a spear, but pretty much the same shape. Yes, it's an ink pen. (Out of ink! Should I return it? ;) )
My grandmother's number was TU[lip] 2-8284. [Decades ago, but I still remember.]
Very cool find, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. The QQ look good no matter where you carry them. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

Yes, Gary, the Boker shadow is so unusual that I can't find out anything about it! :confused:
Do you think it might have been modified, e.g., re-covered??

. Gary, the knife is a Buck 692 Vanguard. As far as your question regarding guitar picks goes, you’re going to have to find someone more knowledgeable than me (That shouldn’t be too difficult). :confused:
Thanks, Lance. :)

Thank you. I agree with you completely on this point, but I even Googled it to see how to spell it, and everywhere it was mentioned, that was the way. Let us rebel and call it a Canittler going forward :)
Count me in! :thumbsup::D I can find both spellings online, but until today, everything I saw regarding the Canal Street model used the "illogical" spelling. But I happened to find this BF thread which uses our preferred spelling:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-bfc-2007-canittler-is-completed.520007/

Trust me, I feel cheated. :D
Yeah, school should start AFTER Labor Day. Summer vacation should be a full three months!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:;) Agree! My (possibly totally inaccurate) memory is that my elementary school finished by Memorial Day and started after Labor Day. It was a farming community, and that may have influenced the schedule.

Good Monday Morning
Back to work I go after a wonderful Summer vacation...
I hope your new school year is as superb as your rosewood lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'm glad to hear your having a great vacation, Gary! Walking over 5 miles a day in that wonderful spot is outstanding!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks Gary! You were my original trigger to acquire the sowbelly and it's become a favorite!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your vacation quartet is playing some lovely waterfront music; great shots!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
Thanks, JJ, for your positive commentary. :)

@JJ Cahill
If you like one, two is twice as nice.View attachment 1177494
:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gary, I love your bone sodbuster! Always wanted one and still don’t have one yet...
Thanks, Nick :); that chestnut jigged Sod Buster Jr. has sentimental value for me. I still don't have a black or yellow synthetic SBJr, yet! :rolleyes:

"I'm singing this note 'cause it fits in well
With the chords I'm playing
I can't pretend there's any meaning here
Or in the things I'm saying

But I'm in tune
Right in tune"

--The Who
NWUaFor.jpg

For Monday.
Superb photo, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Do you play?)

Good to see your Fantastic Four Gary, hope you're having a great vacation :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm starting off the week with my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow, and a special knife gifted to me by @btb01 last Christmas in Sheffield, made by Camillus of course :) Hope the fishing is good Barrett! ;) :thumbsup:

jjbGhM4.jpg

GaBJXI8.jpg
Thanks, Jack; no real holiday complaints from me! :)
What a pair you're toting! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

We’re back home after a great trip to the Rendezvous. I’m hoping everything goes as Smooth as these two today! It’s great to be back home! Hope y’all have a great week! :) :thumbsup:

48519010876_d6cd022ee0_b_d.jpg
SMOOOOOTH Duo, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you on both. Kim will be excited you like her Toothpick. And she loves her Coke Bottle. So do I. I keep asking her if she wants to trade for the Buck 305, but so far no dice! ;)
:D:thumbsup::cool:

Micarta Monday gives me an excuse to carry this pair.
dmu4lmp.jpg

Maybe this pair for Mammoth Monday.
fhYVbLN.jpg

Decisions, decisions!
That's a pair of preeminent pale pairs to ponder, Gary! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT, and that Recruit is a beaut!
That;s the one, GT, and a very special one at that.
- Stuart
I appreciate your opinions, Stuart. :)

Another Case Barlow today.

I didn't even realize they offered a single clip version; nice, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This little E Weck pen for me today.
Always a treat to see the Weck, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In honor of the several nice Schatt & Morgan knives that I've seen posted recently, I switched from my morning carry (Opinel No. 8) this afternoon to a dressier knife and went to a local spot to gab with some friends and have some cooling beverages (yes, it's still hot here, though less humid - we're in a drought). Miss Norma joined me for dinner (half-priced burger night, so I picked up the tab). This was my totin' choice: Schatt & Morgan equal end jack in Rogers bone, 1902-1928.
OCuqVrx.jpg

- Stuart
Handsome knife, Stuart; the bone has the color and jigging characteristic of so many of @SteveC's knives, like THIS beauty that follows! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
This one today :thumbsup:
Camillus US Army Air Corp.
Zs2wBG6.jpg

View attachment 1178041 Just dropping by to say hi and show a 29 I picked up with some extra money and store points. It’s my first Osage and I think it’s mighty fine. Hope everyone on the porch is doing well!
Congrats, Joshua; thanks for the update! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Back in school yet?

Superb sowbelly stockman! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

GEE-ODE! that's a jewel of a knife, Dave! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blood red TC Barlow and Navy blue Case mini copperhead.

Patriotic and pretty pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Here are more knives that I took on our 2-week vacation; we head for home Saturday morning.
Stockman of the Fortnight is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
sowbelly.mark.open.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Fortnight is also a sowbelly, in ram's horn by Marbles:
sowbelly.ram.pile.3open.deckflat.jpg

- GT

Very cool find, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks! I never know what I'm going to find at the gun show. There are always some nice knives that are overpriced, and always a lot of junk, which I can tell at a glance. But I always find something I like at a reasonable price.
Superb photo, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Do you play?)
Thanks. I do not play, but my youngest son does. In fact, he is playing now as I type this on my iPhone with my stubby fingers. He doesn't play The Who, though, (whose [pun intended :D] song I quoted in my post); just classical!

Here are more knives that I took on our 2-week vacation; we head for home Saturday morning.
Stockman of the Fortnight is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
sowbelly-mark-open-jpg.1178487

Stag/Horn Knife of the Fortnight is also a sowbelly, in ram's horn by Marbles:
sowbelly-ram-pile-3open-deckflat-jpg.1178489
Glad you are enjoying your vacation. Those are good-looking stockmans you took along.

Back