What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Do you think it might have been modified, e.g., re-covered??

No, it's original, as I've seen another one for sale with the same covers and model number. But the closest I can come to finding out when it was made is from the late 1970s to the early '90s. Boker tang stamps are kind of all over the map. They constantly reused old ones, so dating is difficult.

Basic user today:

yKvUt0G.jpg

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill ~ thank you my friend!
If we ever by chance meet up, I really hope you’re totin that GEC/Schrade trapper! That’s a special one.
Thanks Jeff! It's quite a beast, fortunately I kept a belt sheath from an Al Mar I lost overseas in the 80's:eek:

I like your Schrade pairing for today as well, beautiful covers, blade etches and shields on both.:thumbsup:
Thank you!!!:)
Smashing photograph !!!
Thank you very much Gev; it means a lot coming from a "knife art" master with another beautiful image today!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Good afternoon! :D
Great shot Dave; a jewel among gems!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
2010 Half Congress in Stag
Wonderful knife Paul; very reminiscent of the "Golden Age" greats!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

For Wednesday I'll be toting a couple wood covered workers; an ebony LF&C from the pre 1920 era, a direct descendant of the great pocket knives of H&B MFG. CO. which LF&C purchased in 1912, and a cocobolo Cattaraugus from the storied village of Little Valley. :D

Last edited:
OH, that's a splendid canoe! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Any idea on the time frame during which Case was producing a CV chestnut jigged bone canoe? I really like the chestnut jigged bone, but their current offerings don't include the Canoe.

- GT

Thank you GT. 1998 and 1999 for sure, could have been a few more years, all I have seen have had the block shield, used in the last four years of the 1990’s. OH

Both of your picks were fine, Jack, but that BB Winchester is a favorite of mine, too.

In honor of the several nice Schatt & Morgan knives that I've seen posted recently, I switched from my morning carry (Opinel No. 8) this afternoon to a dressier knife and went to a local spot to gab with some friends and have some cooling beverages (yes, it's still hot here, though less humid - we're in a drought). Miss Norma joined me for dinner (half-priced burger night, so I picked up the tab). This was my totin' choice: Schatt & Morgan equal end jack in Rogers bone, 1902-1928.

hBX2sqj.jpg

BUrFSG2.jpg

OCuqVrx.jpg

YXqNfad.jpg

When I logged back on after dinner, I saw that a couple more S & Ms had been posted. Very cool.
- Stuart

Thank you Stuart, I only have a couple of the BBs, but I am really impresed with them, and I like this pattern. That S & M is extremely impressive :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! Another stunning stag covered Barlow for you with a cool Camillus "what-a-knife":cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

Have a great day! :)

47643050672_83ef7a2af8_b_d.jpg

Stunning Ron :thumbsup:

Since it's Twosday and since several nice Delrin-clad knives have been posted recently and since sometimes there's a Trapper Twosday, I'm totin' these two Remingtons today: Hunter (1986) and Fisherman (1997), both by Camillus.

4Ei3Sqs.jpg

And, yes, I'm wearing my big pockets pants.
- Stuart

Beautiful :) :thumbsup:

The slightest touch of feathers falling

33597944048_2c4ff4ead1_k.jpg

Dwight is invisible

Handsome Ettrick Gev :) :thumbsup:

Lovely photo Dave :thumbsup:

It felt like a Barlow kind of day, especially since I just ordered a Case Barlow for my son's birthday coming up.

zj8llVW.jpg

Nice Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack; no real holiday complaints from me! :)
What a pair you're toting! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

For Wednesday I'll be toting a couple wood covered workers; an ebony LF&C from the pre 1920 era, a direct descendant of the great pocket knives of H&B MFG. CO. which LF&C purchased in 1912, and a cocobolo Cattaraugus from the storied village of Little Valley. :D

A fine pair :) :thumbsup:

These two for me today :) The Case Peanut was a kind gift from Dennis @mitch4ging along with the other thoughtful gifts shown :) :thumbsup:

uP6sglF.jpg

fdq9DOn.jpg

Thanks, Rachel. :) Gotta get some pics of the canoe in the environment that inspired it. ;):cool: Saw this guy this morning (and I think it saw me :p):
View attachment 1178455

OH, that's a splendid canoe! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Any idea on the time frame during which Case was producing a CV chestnut jigged bone canoe? I really like the chestnut jigged bone, but their current offerings don't include the canoe.

Thanks, Stuart; that knife has been my main kitchen knife on vacation, but the big rabid squirrel BIT my thumb last night! :mad: Other than that, the vacation has been très magnifique so far! :thumbsup::)

Very cool find, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :)

Do you think it might have been modified, e.g., re-covered??

Thanks, Lance. :)

Count me in! :thumbsup::D I can find both spellings online, but until today, everything I saw regarding the Canal Street model used the "illogical" spelling. But I happened to find this BF thread which uses our preferred spelling:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-bfc-2007-canittler-is-completed.520007/

:thumbsup::thumbsup:;) Agree! My (possibly totally inaccurate) memory is that my elementary school finished by Memorial Day and started after Labor Day. It was a farming community, and that may have influenced the schedule.

I hope your new school year is as superb as your rosewood lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, JJ, for your positive commentary. :)

:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Nick :); that chestnut jigged Sod Buster Jr. has sentimental value for me. I still don't have a black or yellow synthetic SBJr, yet! :rolleyes:

Superb photo, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Do you play?)

Thanks, Jack; no real holiday complaints from me! :)
What a pair you're toting! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

SMOOOOOTH Duo, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:D:thumbsup::cool:

That's a pair of preeminent pale pairs to ponder, Gary! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate your opinions, Stuart. :)

I didn't even realize they offered a single clip version; nice, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Always a treat to see the Weck, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Handsome knife, Stuart; the bone has the color and jigging characteristic of so many of @SteveC's knives, like THIS beauty that follows! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats, Joshua; thanks for the update! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Back in school yet?

Superb sowbelly stockman! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

GEE-ODE! that's a jewel of a knife, Dave! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Patriotic and pretty pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Here are more knives that I took on our 2-week vacation; we head for home Saturday morning.
Stockman of the Fortnight is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
View attachment 1178487

Stag/Horn Knife of the Fortnight is also a sowbelly, in ram's horn by Marbles:
View attachment 1178489

- GT
Thanks GT! Teachers are back but students aren’t back for a couple of weeks yet. We have a later start than most.

Back