What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks buddy, it was a kind gift from r8shell r8shell :) Love those pics, and that is a fine-looking Rodgers :)

Still struggling to keep up here, but I'm carrying these two today :thumbsup:

dt3W5CE.jpg

jU2axOt.jpg
That copper file work in addition to the other file work is a nice touch.

@JJ Cahill - Great image of two beauties, JJ.

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Here’s to a better day, Ron.

2B5C1FC7-094A-4781-8B3F-8FC434A225B7_zpsjc03ydmz.jpeg

Last edited:
Carrying the new 93 today... using it at breakfast. The biscuits aren't that tough, it's just the plastic fork is that flimsy... I was correct when I said I had this one startlingly sharp. When wiping the gravy off it, it went through napkins and about 1/16" of skin....:eek: Mama always said, 'stupid is as stupid does'..... :oops:
today%20tote%20tues_zpsbhthmzun.jpg

cut_zpspu4ndxzs.jpg
Ah just a mere fleshwound. Rub some dirt on it.:D

I really like that new "old" Case, r8shell.

I was undecided on what I would carry today until I saw your 2 gorgeous M.O.P.'s . I especially like the Catt.
I acquired this Shapleighs while at the Rendezvous from Charlie @waynorth .

Thanks, Harry, and that's a special one that you are totin', especially considering the source.

Two outstanding knives my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Just this one today! :)

33472972508_516708bfa3_b_d.jpg

Thanks, Ron, and with that AC, you only need one.

My two today

What a potent pair!!

Mighty fine looking pair there Duckdog, perfect for a Sunday.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ah Stuart - magnificent!

One word Stuart; WOW!!! Maybe two; Awesome!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Even more outstanding pearl!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Splendid Sunday selection, Stuart!

Thanks, guys.

For today I'll be toting a couple of Schatt & Morgan knifes; a rope chopper and a large gunstock stockman. :D

Very handsome workers, JJ. They look like they just came out of their boxes.

Utica Jack today

FkaW36W.jpg

Very nice, Steve.

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary. Haven't been around as much lately. Mammoth life change.View attachment 1185590

Best wishes, again, Alan. Did you and your lady raise a toast at the Mucky Duck?

A Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot and a Northfield #35 Churchill for me today! :D

48332462872_0cda0b9b35_b_d.jpg

You are swinging for the fences with those two, Ron!!

Lovely pair, Stuart.

Reminds me of Jolly Rancher candy ! :)

Well Stuart those two certainly brightened up my day! :thumbsup: :)

Boy. Rare that acrylics give me the “wants”, but those sure do. Gorgeous.

Thanks, gents.

My Alox knife for this week is a Cadet II (thanks, Ken):
cadet2-pile-open-jpg.1185881

Classy classic, GT.

Today I saw a "tube" video on a cool old Remington which created an immediate urge to tote two of my favorite Remingtons for Tuesday, a scout and a jack. :cool:

I only have a couple of real Remingtons and they weren't that good looking when they were new, I don't think. Seriously fine looking specimens, JJ.

Envy is wrong, correct? Nice, jack - very nice.

That is a handsome knife and a great picture.

I’m setting in ICU with my BIL this morning. I’ve got these two keeping me company. :)

I'm sending best wishes to your BIL, Ron. Hoping for the best.

Those are some seriously solid workers, Jeff.

Imperial cattle knife and #43 today

That little cattle knife has me roped and tied, Steve. Could have been a cousin to the Utica jack you had earlier.

That copper file work in addition to the other file work is a nice touch.

@JJ Cahill - Great image of two beauties, JJ.

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Here’s to a better day, Ron.

2B5C1FC7-094A-4781-8B3F-8FC434A225B7_zpsjc03ydmz.jpeg

A fine portrait of a fabulous knife, Harvey.

- Stuart

No, I don't ask, thanks Gary.;):thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup:

Victorinox!!!;):thumbsup:

MANY useful tools in that photo, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I like this knife a lot. And this beer, though I don't think I've ever bought it in cans before.
bFkmKlJ.jpg
I agree on the knife, but my 40-year-old memory of the beer would offer a different assessment! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Took the girls on a 276 mile road trip today doing the loop all the way around Mt St Helens. I first saw it 27 years ago when everything still looked like the moon. I’m always amazed how much it gets greener every year.

D9-AF68-FE-2469-4-BCA-8-F09-93-CB7-F9-CF427.jpg

Thought-provoking shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tomorrow’s carry and one of my few no worries work horses . Developing some nice character and a joy to carry and use. Case did a great job on this canoe:thumbsup:
ZMRBwl9.jpg
That canoe is a real charmer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For today I'll be toting a couple of Schatt & Morgan knifes; a rope chopper and a large gunstock stockman. :D
That rope chopper is an unusual knife (to me)! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Of what material is the handle made?

Each morning, an sak goes in my left pocket, too. Almost always a Wenger Handyman. View attachment 1185564I’m no great photographer, but the diffused light during a dawn thunderstorm makes it easy.View attachment 1185563
Terrific trio, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Case 6318 in pocket and 6227 in watch pocket. Both of these from the big flea market haul a couple weeks ago. Thanks to @Old Hunter I finally determined the 6318 is Chestnut Bone, and I believe that's what the 6227 is also. Tang stamp puts it between 1940-1964. Cleaned up better than I had hoped. Just haven't had the heart to file the tip down yet.
Case 6318 and 6227 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr
Fantastic flea market finds, Chris! I love the Case chestnut jigged bone covers. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the stockman stainless or carbon?

Boy, that's so simple and so elegant, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was going to "like" the post from 5K, but I was so tired by the time I got through, I forgot what I was doing...... :D
Welcome to MY world - you can imagine what I must have felt like after I finished writing it! :rolleyes::p:thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary. Haven't been around as much lately. Mammoth life change.View attachment 1185590
Congrats on the marriage, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup::)
:eek: You and eight friends had to go on a long journey to rid yourself of an enchanted ring??? Thats so cool! ;) :p

I kid,
Congratulations :cool::thumbsup:
:D:D:thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. They won't look new for long. ;)
MpJhQo0.jpg
But they'll look even better before long! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That’s exactly why I keep it under lock and key when it’s not in my pocket! ;) :D
:p:thumbsup::p

A Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot and a Northfield #35 Churchill for me today! :D

48332462872_0cda0b9b35_b_d.jpg
IMHO, those are a couple of GEC's most desirable knives! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Just because it's Monday doesn't mean one can't tote some color.
7zrb1TA.jpg

- Stuart
Couple of cool knives, Stuart :cool::thumbsup::cool:, but my abused eyes can't quite seethe makers on the tang stamps. I wonder who came up with the designs for celluloid covers back in the day? There were certainly some crazy ones that looked nothing like natural materials. Your pair is colorful, but they look like prisoners with their striped outfits!! :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you kindly, GT. It’s a pair of all seasons:))) Bombas Sox.
View attachment 1185644
Thanks for the fashion info, Harvey. :)
Totally Captivating photo of your jigged bone TC Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Well, the dealer said it was a very rare, orangey stag.:D
Yeah, 10 sounds about right. They said they had done all they could for me in high school in ‘75, and packed me off to the University of Illinois. Math is tough, so let’s just go with 10 years old!;)

Thanks, buddy!

Speaking of kollidge, I have a nephew and niece who graduated from your school. One of them was a finance major, so he ~might~ have been under your tutelage. I will ask next time I see them!
:D:thumbsup:
Small world, Jeff. :eek: I used to remember all of my students, but now I can learn their names quickly at the start of a semester, but forget them just as quickly when the course is over. But I sure think I'd remember having a Fleschwund in class! :cool:;)

Thank you, Gary! Yes, the whiskey bone line of knives has the same shield as your '47; I like the subtlety of that shield (pewter!) The red I like because it says, "Look at me!" :)
Interesting! I seldom think about the messages that knife shields convey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Most certainly Gary!!! Btw, my brother is also a Prof in your general area; Ann Arbor, MI:)
You certainly have your bases covered with that outstanding trio!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you!!!:D The Robeson jack is a Pocket Eze version of what appears to be a gunstock pattern; here's a closed shot:
Thanks for the additional pic of that knife; I was quite sure I saw something more than just a straight back to it - Cool. :):cool:
What department is your brother in? Profs are thicker than ticks on a hound in Ann Arbor! ;)

Thanks GT, appreciate it.

these two today...View attachment 1185938
Is that canoe a white bone Rough Rider? Handsome pair! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That must be some complicated schedule! But an interesting exercise.
Vince, the way I do it is quite straightforward. Just list all the knives I have in one of my categories (stockman, Alox, Lambsfoot, whatever), and then repeat that list as many times as needed to get every category about equal in length. Sometimes I have to cut off some knives from the last repetition of a list to get them all even. But I don't try to do any kind of coordination between the various categories, so some weeks I might happen to have several quite similar knives I carry in terms of blades, or sizes, or makers, or cover materials.

For Trapper Tuesday:
XXBxY6j.jpg
Vince, I'm enjoying the way you're getting "mileage" out of your trapper in the ABCs thread! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

The Man Jack is very special, and you are lucky for that.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart, I do feel fortunate to have it! :)

Little Red Corv Cadet the last couple days.

View attachment 1186024
Really superb knife, Jerry :thumbsup::cool::cool: (says the guy who has one just like it :rolleyes:).

A 45 week rotation schedule?
Now that is commitment!!:D:D
I don't have to agonize every morning over what to carry, or kick myself for not giving a certain knife enough pocket time. :cool::thumbsup::cool: Just look at the schedule each Monday and grab the assigned knives for the week!

Still struggling to keep up here, but I'm carrying these two today :thumbsup:

dt3W5CE.jpg

jU2axOt.jpg
Double stag delight, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That rocky squirrel has made off with a couple of your classic knives, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Last edited:
Back