What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

When I did my weekly knife exchange this morning, I noticed that I'm on my last of 45 weeks in the current rotation schedule. So I'll have to set up my next one this week, adding in all the knives I've acquired since I made the last schedule.

My Alox knife for this week is a Cadet II (thanks, Ken):
cadet2.pile.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is my Champion:
champ.well.sheep.jpg

non-SAK bailed knife this week is a Marbles Workman trapper:
workman.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Just because it's Monday doesn't mean one can't tote some color.

wkGoYau.jpg

7zrb1TA.jpg

- Stuart
Boy. Rare that acrylics give me the “wants”, but those sure do. Gorgeous.

Thanks for your opinions, JJ; I appreciate your replies. :)
Most certainly Gary!!! Btw, my brother is also a Prof in your general area; Ann Arbor, MI:)
You certainly have your bases covered with that outstanding trio!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Ravishing bone on your Robeson pair, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the jack a standard teardrop/swell end pattern, or does its width "step down" in the middle, like a coke bottle?
Thank you!!!:D The Robeson jack is a Pocket Eze version of what appears to be a gunstock pattern; here's a closed shot:

Last edited:
Beautiful Kutmaster, Stuart!

Thanks, Jeff.

Very cool Stuart, it looks like an outstanding pair for a nice afternoon of imbibing and chatting with old pals!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was, JJ. Though they do indulge my "knife shows".

Today I'll be toting two stag covered traditional knives from Germany; a Bulldog Brand stock knife and a Puma hunter, both from the last century. :D

Devil, get thee behind me!!

Old Timer Old PAL :)

QAQLFLl.jpg

They and that photo are very special, Steve. Thanks for sharing. Please show it again.

Bodacious surf & turf, Alan.

The pair AND the picture are stunning!! Dang, they are NICE.

I’m keen to know what knives you bought. Nice pair you’re toting today, especially like that Sheffield folder!

Thanks, Nick. I'm afraid that my new knives will fairly prosaic, as they should be.

D Duckdog - Thank you Stuart. Your folder and fixed blade is perfect.

Thx, Harvey. That pair really worked out well.

Looks like a great pair for show-and-tell with the Bottle Tips & Loose Lips Club! ;):cool:

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW by a BF member from Manchester, England:

My guys loved the fixed blade and it was passed around more than I expected (I did get it back). The Man Jack is very special, and you are lucky for that.

Thanks again!!! You too have quite an exceptional pair of stag bearing beauties; a fixed blade with a traditional folder is a perfect combination!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I felt like a couple from Robeson for my totes today; a rock solid scout from the 1911-20 period and an ultra keen edged jack from the 1922-39 era. :D

Thank you, JJ, for the nice comment. That can opener on your scout is pretty special.

Very sea-worthy knives, Alan. Kudos!!

Two outstanding knives my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks, Ron, but they shy away from exposure to any activities that draw crowds.

Bought this one this morning on the way to do a last minute job. Went into the pocket before I was 10 feet from the counter.

Nice find and capture, David, Keep it up!

Mighty fine looking pair there Duckdog, perfect for a Sunday.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you. It felt "right".

- Stuart

Just because it's Monday doesn't mean one can't tote some color.
Wonderfully colorful covers; quite the outstanding pair of "near twins!!!":eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
It was, JJ. Though they do indulge my "knife shows".
Devil, get thee behind me!!
Stuart, you went from a nice outing with your pals to having Biblical level temptation; thanks for the great comment!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, JJ, for the nice comment. That can opener on your scout is pretty special.
Certainly my friend; that ancient opener is great for boxes!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Today I saw a "tube" video on a cool old Remington which created an immediate urge to tote two of my favorite Remingtons for Tuesday, a scout and a jack. :cool:

Back