What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Happy birthday Ron!
    To those having natural disasters, wanted to make sure you know, when I like your posts it's sympathy for you not liking for the disaster. We don't get hurricanes in Alaska but we do get crazy earthquakes and wildfires so I can sort of understand. I think it going on for hours on end like your storms would be worse than the half minute of terror from an earthquake though.

2. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Mala volous !!

3. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Jan 14, 2017
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, 315, ISKRA and 28 others like this.
  4. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    My combo :)

[​IMG]

Â

TFBraden, Pt-Luso, Lift link and 35 others like this.
  5. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Happy Birthday, Ron! Welcome to 65, it's a nice age. :):D

6. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Today, I'm carrying for the first time a knife I bought several years ago. It is a Schrade USA Uncle Henry 885UH, King Ranch. Probably made in the mid 70s (its serial numbered).

[​IMG]

7. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    happy birthday! that's a great age.

8. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Happy 65th Birthday!

9. Dr-Mabuse

Dr-Mabuse Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Stealth Stag.

TFBraden, Jambon, JustinR and 24 others like this.
  10. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Happy birthday, young feller (Ron).

Decisions, decisions …
    [​IMG]

11. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Just trying to cope with the fact that there are so many knives, so little time! :p

Over a year with the same knife seems impressive to me now, Paul, even though when I was a kid, I carried my Forest-Master 24/7/365 for 7 or 8 years and it was my only knife, uncarried, for the next 45 years. ;)
    Thanks for the canoe compliment. :) Kind of sad that I can't remember what canoes I carried last week, and since I had to make a new rotation schedule, I don't even have the old schedule on my computer any more to look up what I had in my pockets last week. :rolleyes: (I just looked through the recycling and found the old paper copy of my schedule. I carried a Rough Rider Bolster Stripes canoe last week with kind of "busy" bolsters but IMHO really nice jigging. I also carried a Frank Buster 4-blade canoe with quite nice green jigged bone.)

Sweet Valox Buck 301, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I appreciate your daily affirmations, JJ! :)

Enchanting carries for Black Friday; that 2-blade swell-end jack is a corker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That ebony gunstock jack is a apt choice for Black Friday, and your stag HHB is an everyday delight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's a versatile trio! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a cool "lambsfoot" with the faux tortoise and its internal flame! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Noteworthy old/new pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the elk Buck Forum Knife, Mike; looks like it has a tasty glaze on it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I always enjoy seeing that one, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the Buckshot Bone RR, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I have a 2-blade teardrop and a canoe with those covers, but mine were made by Colt before they went under and RR picked up that line; I think they look great, and my teardrop jack is built like a tank - one of the most solidly-built knives I have.
    On the other hand, I have nothing that compares to that exquisite stag senator you posted! :eek::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the single-bladed sowbelly, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: And thanks for posting your Uncle Henry; that knife has everything I look for now in a medium stockman pattern!

Good to hear, David. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I'm glad that red bone canoe I have inspired you, David :); I sure felt lucky to be able to buy one off the Exchange after lusting after the photos that others posted. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: You have a dynamite duo there, with exceptional bone!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: I'm amazed how it's almost translucent, like I can see down into it past its surface.

My Peanut of the Week is a stainless Case delrin model I won in the first GAW I entered on The Porch (thanks, Cory):
    delrin.peanut.mark.2open.deckFord.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
    sowbelly.ram.mark.3open.deckvista.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot that I've named Black Jack:
    pile.open.handout.jpg

- GT

TFBraden, Pt-Luso, 315 and 28 others like this.
  12. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Happy birthday, Ron!
    Thanks! Many spear points turn into lambsfoots, whilst lambsfoots can turn into speys. :D
    Congratulations!
    Here's another use for the awl:
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, it wasn't a winner. If it had been, Ramen would have gotten a new osage brother like yours. :D

TFBraden, Stormdrane, ISKRA and 22 others like this.
  13. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Gary, I like seeing you with the ram's horn, too!

14. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary! I still like my Uncle Henry more than any other stockman, although my amber Case 6347 stockman comes very close.

Looking closely at your Case Delrin Peanut, I see that the main blade looks extremely pointy and sharp. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Marbles Sowbelly is top drawer as is Black Jack. With your new schedule now active, I am looking forward to new knives and combinations. :thumbsup::cool:

JohnDF likes this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Back where it belongs.
    I sometimes start my day with the odd knife, but by afternoon the Lamb is back in the pocket.

Red Jigged #66 on the bottom/right of course. :cool: :thumbsup:

Your schedule was very kind to you this week. All three are super nice. :cool: :thumbsup:

TFBraden and Crazy Canuck like this.
  16. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    My first custom inspired by Michael Myers and made for my best little friend. 20190907_192612-1024x805.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Just enjoying a little refreshment before we head out to dinner....[​IMG]

18. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Well here we are in Missouri for the annual leadbelt national enduro. I brought a schrade walden 890 with me, the same one I brought to colorado for last years vacation (which is incidentally where it came from when I bought it). It's a travelin' knife I suppose.

IMG_5158.JPG

19. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Life has been hectic and I haven’t been on here much lately. This thread moves fast with great knives as usual! Happy birthday Ron!! @Half/Stop

I’ve had these two with me the last couple days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]