What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy birthday Ron!
To those having natural disasters, wanted to make sure you know, when I like your posts it's sympathy for you not liking for the disaster. We don't get hurricanes in Alaska but we do get crazy earthquakes and wildfires so I can sort of understand. I think it going on for hours on end like your storms would be worse than the half minute of terror from an earthquake though.

@Half/Stop Happy Birthday Ron! Hope you enjoy the weekend with family.

With the arrival of some new knives this week I strayed for a couple of days, but the L'il Lambsfoot is back in the pocket today :)

6UP89Ct.jpg
Mala volous !!

Well folks I’ve made it! :eek: The Good Lord has blessed me to be able to say “I’m 65” this morning! Pam and I are spending the weekend at our daughters place near Nashville. I’m only carrying one knife this weekend. I thought it only fitting to carry the knife that has spent the most time in my pocket during these 65 years. So here is the birthday card my daughter left here for me along with my 1973 Case 6347 Stainless Stockman. I’ll probably be posting again later when I get Pam’s card. I hope y’all have a blessed day! :)

48693294298_a605c997d9_b_d.jpg

48693806647_7e6f514e11_b_d.jpg

Happy Birthday, Ron! Welcome to 65, it's a nice age. :):D

Well folks I’ve made it! :eek: The Good Lord has blessed me to be able to say “I’m 65” this morning! Pam and I are spending the weekend at our daughters place near Nashville. I’m only carrying one knife this weekend. I thought it only fitting to carry the knife that has spent the most time in my pocket during these 65 years. So here is the birthday card my daughter left here for me along with my 1973 Case 6347 Stainless Stockman. I’ll probably be posting again later when I get Pam’s card. I hope y’all have a blessed day! :)

happy birthday! that's a great age.

Happy 65th Birthday!

Ha ha ha ha ha! That is awesome! My head is spinning. It’s nearly as complex as your rotation schedule! Kudos, sir :)
Just trying to cope with the fact that there are so many knives, so little time! :p

Gary, of late 6 days as of today is a bit unusual, say compared to the almost 14 months straight that I carried my 2013 Clip/pen Ebony TC.
Now, that would be neat if that window was a fireplace;):thumbsup:

I meant to compliment you on one of your many Canoes you were totin last week. It had very unique and different covers and was one I hadn't seen beforeo_O
Over a year with the same knife seems impressive to me now, Paul, even though when I was a kid, I carried my Forest-Master 24/7/365 for 7 or 8 years and it was my only knife, uncarried, for the next 45 years. ;)
Thanks for the canoe compliment. :) Kind of sad that I can't remember what canoes I carried last week, and since I had to make a new rotation schedule, I don't even have the old schedule on my computer any more to look up what I had in my pockets last week. :rolleyes: (I just looked through the recycling and found the old paper copy of my schedule. I carried a Rough Rider Bolster Stripes canoe last week with kind of "busy" bolsters but IMHO really nice jigging. I also carried a Frank Buster 4-blade canoe with quite nice green jigged bone.)

How about black for Friday?
AwNpMRM.jpg
Sweet Valox Buck 301, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ha, ha, thanks Gary; sometimes I feel that old though the latter may be a more accurate description!!!:rolleyes:
Triumphant trio you have today with your GEC performing an outstanding job of meal prep!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate your daily affirmations, JJ! :)

For Friday my totes are a couple with black covers; a Remington jack from the early 1930s and a NYKCo 75th BSA anniversary (1985) scout by Schrade.:D
Enchanting carries for Black Friday; that 2-blade swell-end jack is a corker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm stepping out on Friday with these two :) Have a good Friday folks, the weekend is almost upon us ;) :thumbsup:

dG5O7mu.jpg

duP1AJR.jpg
That ebony gunstock jack is a apt choice for Black Friday, and your stag HHB is an everyday delight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good day everyone!
6ykDJgZ.jpg
That's a versatile trio! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Give it a try. The awl is great for all kinds of scraping jobs.
I'm inspired to carry a little celluloid today. (along with the ever present #29, of course)
VzKnXo3.jpg
That's a cool "lambsfoot" with the faux tortoise and its internal flame! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Camillus #17 and a #29 today

Pgon9x1.jpg
Noteworthy old/new pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Forum Knife Friday :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

HeX0Sdw.jpg
Congrats on the elk Buck Forum Knife, Mike; looks like it has a tasty glaze on it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

JJ and r8shell, thank you for the kind words about my little DE jack. Switching to black this morning with the modified ebony #85.

AD8UgtS.jpg
I always enjoy seeing that one, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two for today. The first is a Buckshot Bone Rough Rider. Newly acquired.
22F18123-1DC8-4919-A172-7CAF1F235009_zps94udfvcy.jpeg

A. Wright Senator with a sample of an incredibly delicious confetti cake.
View attachment 1191966
Congrats on the Buckshot Bone RR, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I have a 2-blade teardrop and a canoe with those covers, but mine were made by Colt before they went under and RR picked up that line; I think they look great, and my teardrop jack is built like a tank - one of the most solidly-built knives I have.
On the other hand, I have nothing that compares to that exquisite stag senator you posted! :eek::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you for your recommendation, Gary, and your comment on my stag stockman. I went with a single blade sowbelly; you can see it in my next post. :)
For Friday, one old friend and one new one.

My long time friend, Uncle Henry 897 stockman. I've had this one since 1985.

I got this one today, a Case Sowbelly Jack in CV and yellow synthetic.

Congrats on the single-bladed sowbelly, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: And thanks for posting your Uncle Henry; that knife has everything I look for now in a medium stockman pattern!

Thanks Gary, we just got allot of rain overnight and few tree limbs down. Power went out at 4:30 am came back on today at 11:20 am, so all good there. I didn't need a canoe to get me out of any trouble ;)
Good to hear, David. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

As it happens I'm carrying two knives again today that have struck me that way when I seen others post them. One is the Case canoe, and the knife that was posted that gave me that twinkle in my eye was yours GT, I thought the deep blade etch of the Indian was the bees knees. The other I'm afraid I cant pinpoint the exact person or knife,although it may have been @Duckdog that posted a one armed barlow with stepped bolsters that I thought was really cool. When I saw a nice example in a case at the antique mall my heart skipped a beat. Anyways heres a reused pic
Pvy3YBr.jpg
I'm glad that red bone canoe I have inspired you, David :); I sure felt lucky to be able to buy one off the Exchange after lusting after the photos that others posted. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: You have a dynamite duo there, with exceptional bone!! :eek::thumbsup::cool: I'm amazed how it's almost translucent, like I can see down into it past its surface.

My Peanut of the Week is a stainless Case delrin model I won in the first GAW I entered on The Porch (thanks, Cory):
delrin.peanut.mark.2open.deckFord.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
sowbelly.ram.mark.3open.deckvista.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot that I've named Black Jack:
pile.open.handout.jpg

- GT

Happy birthday, Ron!
That's a cool "lambsfoot" with the faux tortoise and its internal flame! :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks! Many spear points turn into lambsfoots, whilst lambsfoots can turn into speys. :D
Maybe I'm bragging but usually any day you can put another hole on the buckle end of your belt is a good day.
lu58zqz.jpg
Congratulations!
Here's another use for the awl:
Zb4cUAp.jpg

Unfortunately, it wasn't a winner. If it had been, Ramen would have gotten a new osage brother like yours. :D

Congrats on the single-bladed sowbelly, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: And thanks for posting your Uncle Henry; that knife has everything I look for now in a medium stockman pattern!

My Peanut of the Week is a stainless Case delrin model I won in the first GAW I entered on The Porch (thanks, Cory):
View attachment 1192744

View attachment 1192746

Lambsfoot of the Week is my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot that I've named Black Jack:
View attachment 1192748

- GT

Thank you, Gary! I still like my Uncle Henry more than any other stockman, although my amber Case 6347 stockman comes very close.

Looking closely at your Case Delrin Peanut, I see that the main blade looks extremely pointy and sharp. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Marbles Sowbelly is top drawer as is Black Jack. With your new schedule now active, I am looking forward to new knives and combinations. :thumbsup::cool:

With the arrival of some new knives this week I strayed for a couple of days, but the L'il Lambsfoot is back in the pocket today :)

6UP89Ct.jpg
Back where it belongs.
I sometimes start my day with the odd knife, but by afternoon the Lamb is back in the pocket.

Happy birthday, young feller (Ron).

Decisions, decisions …
img_7679.jpg
Red Jigged #66 on the bottom/right of course. :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1192744

View attachment 1192746

View attachment 1192748

- GT
Your schedule was very kind to you this week. All three are super nice. :cool: :thumbsup:

Back