What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good morning! I hope y’all have a great Tuesday! :) :thumbsup:

48574513506_af0fa85d4d_b_d.jpg
Nice combo Ron. I love how dark red the corners & sides are on your sawcut Barlow. I always seem to get the ones that are pink in the corners.

This one is all red though.
kJbzg2x.jpg

Thats pretty cool, nice piece of history. I like seeknives that are regional favorites :thumbsup:

Thank you! I thought it might be interesting to stir the waters of the local pond by releasing some new fish in it.

Popularity of this knife does not stem from it being an exceptionally good one, but from a sheer lack of options for inexpensive pocket knife for kids of that time. It was dirt cheap and so it was everywhere.

I really like fish knives :) I have several gifted to me by @r8shell, I keep one in my wallet, and the other two are in my desk drawer with my Zorro Barlow and other special knives :) :thumbsup:

Do you? Really? I wouldn't dream that this kitschy knife would get that far. It is a smallish knife (somewhere in vicinity of GEC #14) and a thin one too so it must be a good one to keep in wallet, I guess. It disappears in my pocket like nothing else. I always have to fish it out.

IMG-20190910-140652-2.jpg

IMG-20190910-140840-2.jpg

Templar Trapper Tuesday...

Oh, that is so nice. I have to get on here and play catch up. Again. Below is Sunday's carry. Been so swamped I forgot to take pics of Saturday's stag! John Primble 916 Stockman from the estate sale a few weeks back, finally got it cleaned up. I've seen this knife advertised as bone, but I believe these scales are Delrin.

20190907_001744.jpg
20190907_001839.jpg

Yep, Anarchy sandwich, hold the government. ;):D

:D :thumbsup:

Good morning! I hope y’all have a great Tuesday! :) :thumbsup:

48574513506_af0fa85d4d_b_d.jpg

Great pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Thank you sir! Very nice photos of your pair today as well.:cool: Those Damascus Lambs are something special to be sure. Don't you just love the authoritative action on those Ebony 44's? It's one that I quite enjoy myself.:thumbsup:

Thank you very much Mark :) Yes, I really like the #44, I missed them completely, so it was a nice gift from Duncan @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:

Do you? Really? I wouldn't dream that this kitschy knife would get that far. It is a smallish knife (somewhere in vicinity of GEC #14) and a thin one too so it must be a good one to keep in wallet, I guess. It disappears in my pocket like nothing else. I always have to fish it out.

IMG-20190910-140652-2.jpg

IMG-20190910-140840-2.jpg

Yes, mainly for nostalgic reasons like yourself :) I had one like this in the top pocket of my fishing vest as a kid, and @r8shell very kindly found one for me :) It is even smaller and slimmer, so disappers in my wallet :) Rachel later sent me two like yours, one silver, one gold, along with a load of other goodies :) :thumbsup:

3yFYmvn.jpg

Nice combo Ron. I love how dark red the corners & sides are on your sawcut Barlow. I always seem to get the ones that are pink in the corners.

This one is all red though.
kJbzg2x.jpg
Thanks Travis! The Old Red Sawcut from this first run of single blades IMHO is some of the best of any of the 77’s. That 25 NF SFO is also a nice deep red! :thumbsup: :)

Great pairing Ron :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Very very nice!! That bone is so warm and soothing to look at. Therapeutic knife you have there!

Thank you, Nick! It is soothing to the touch also.

Wonderful Schrade Dean, absolute proof they just don't make 'em like like they used to!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thank you!

These two Tuesday totes are both wearing jigged bone covers from the same factory, made 50 years apart; a pre WWII Kutmaster scout and a 1987 BB Winchester toothpick.:D

Wow, great looking knives! The toothpick is gorgeous and the bone on the Kutmaster is beautiful. :thumbsup:

Today it's a mid '70s USA Schrade "Slenderino," an 897UH with some nice color and a rare tang stamp.

8Dy8ijx.jpg

21C8UGo.jpg

aEk34FC.jpg

Jeff, that is a fantastic example of an 897UH :thumbsup::thumbsup:, which is my favorite Stockman pattern. I can't be sure, but it looks like a very early Schrade one, maybe 1973 (before that they were Schrade Walden). Is there a serial number on the inside of the scale on the spey/sheepfoot side?

Here's a photo of the serial number.

Back