What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

fyhgGaU.jpg
Travis, I love this Northfield EO of yours!
When I saw it, I almost changed my choice for today.

I've been away from here far too long. I'd forgotten what beautiful pocket jewelry the folks here on the porch tote. So here's a little Old Red Bone Sod Buster Jr. I picked up this weekend at the Shepherd Hills Celebration in the Ozarks....

F38r5So.jpg
Welcome back Todd, nice Sodbuster:thumbsup:

Oops. Kim reminded me I forgot one of hers. Picked this up Saturday at an estate sale. I had it refurbed and ready to og by Sunday morning, been in her purse ever since. c. 1946-1956 Imperial pen knife, only 2" closed. Good snap, great half stops, and the acrylic on it is really cool. Neat little knife. Kim rescued it from a pile of afterthought knives. Pretty happy with the $2.60 she spent I think!

20190911_090915 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

20190911_090929 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Alox of the Week is this silver Alox Classic (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 1194389

non-Alox SAK of the Week is this old Vic Champion:
View attachment 1194390

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Chinese Imperial cracked ice sowbelly:
View attachment 1194391

Regular Stockman of the Week is a Case Humpback (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1194393

- GT

Excellent knives, Gary. I've looked at the silver Alox Classic for years - I so wish they had a toothpick in those because they are really good looking. The Case Humpback stockman is a treasure and a great gift! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Dean!!! I love seeing any Buck knife, like yours, as I have excellent memories of my Bucks over the last 50 years!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Thank you! Bucks are cool. I carried a Cadet as my one and only for about a year several years ago; it's a great knife, too.

U2R1YUq.jpg

yiGhIaO.jpg

Carrying this Case XX 92 Texas Jack today. Made when Case was at the top of their game, it's hard to find a finer knife. Got lucky for $15 at a flea market. Still with factory edge.:D
Hope everyone has a good one.:thumbsup:

That's a fantastic knife and find, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) Re-discovering a knife you've had so long must be a treat! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Such a distinctive knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: You have a lot of splendid Barlows, Dean, but that's probably the one I like best. :)

- GT

Thank you, Gary, for your kind comments. :)

Back