What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

One of the nicest cubbies I've seen. And that may be an understatement.
Thank you very much Jer!!! I have a real soft spot for the cubbies; my first BSA knife 50+ years ago!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
98b5bb1d-6d9e-4228-8d95-2f44e03bf327-jpeg.1215771
22b17a8b-cc41-438d-87c5-0259b0105ac4-jpeg.1215772
5c63a19b-a352-4411-81c9-8d24907d5ad1-jpeg.1215773

Totin’ Old Green Bone.
Love that pre WWII jigging on your amazing green bone LT!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
They are the same, except the blades on 27s are a bit thinner than on 29s. Take them apart, and there’s no difference between springs, liners, and bolsters.
This is that knife compared to an older 4 line stamp 29~
77b9c503-05ae-4f72-a472-f2e5ac54426f-jpeg.1215785
Great bit of information on your iconic Camillus beauties Jeff; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
As always, an impressive pair, JJ! I really like that Catt with a single spey blade.
The jigging on the toothpick looks outstanding, JJ! How big is the toothpick?
Bailed non-SAK this week is a Colonial advertising scout; I don't remember how it came to me sometime before 1980 :(:
sak-mark-open-jpg.1215814

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial "wireframe" with clip and bottle opener (thanks, Dave):
colonial-caplifter-open-jpg.1215816

Peanut-like knife this week is a chestnut jigged bone CV Case Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
sbj-mark-open-2-jpg.1215818
Thank you for your great comments Gary!!! The Catt Spey is really among my favorites and the BB Winchester toothpick is a "normal" size at 4 1/4".:D
I really like your terrific memorable trio; i knew an interesting chap from the Donnelly clan many years back, cool guy!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly JJ. It’s Hammer Time for both well kept knives from the past. Scouts Honor!
Thank for the big grin Harvey!!!:D
It’s always good fortune when you acquire a knife from @Gary W. Graley . You’re getting one vastly improved upon. Le Thier by Chambriard, 12.25cm, Peppery smelling Juniper wood and razor steel. Thank you Gary.
B3FB4DB5-CA91-4164-9950-5D99A5BF9FE1_zpsqqi7hlis.jpeg

B495BF99-08FE-493B-BD23-24C036786A34_zpst1mtwbho.jpeg

154CAE21-0A82-4D39-963D-63F7800B0543_zpsithj2omz.jpeg
You certainly captured some wonderful images of your new Coutellerie Chambriard "Le Compagnon", the first and truly elegant official "Le Thiers" knife!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Another awe inspiring image of your ravishing ebony clad jack, Gev!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Superb JJ :thumbsup:
Boy, this thread sure does FLY! :eek: Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've been out with these two today, my Hartshead Barlow SFO and a GEC #44 kindly gifted to me by my pal @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:

7VG5kHb.jpg

ekSx4ma.jpg
Thank you kindly Jack!!! Your wonderfully stout pair of allies is a perfect combination; outstanding!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I got this schrade jack all sharpened up. Didn't require much cleaning at all. Nice little knife, I like it a lot.

img_5513-jpg.1216083
That is certainly one marvelous looking Schrade Paul; the blades looks perfect and the "butter & molasses" covers are amazing!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
A vintage Schrade Cut Co HJ with HOLYOKE BELT CO stamped main blade with secondary punch:thumbsup:
wHZ1tL.jpg

F7TfSB.jpg
Another spectacular Schrade; perfect swage, excellent etch, and the jigging on that wonderful bone is second to none!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice Black Friday pair of "scouts", JJ! I don't think I've ever seen an LF&C scout before. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks again Gary!!! The LF&C is less likely to be seen as they had stiff competition from Remington and Ulster during that era!:eek:
Lambsfoot of the Week for me is a 2019 Guardians SFO in desert ironwood that I call Valley Jack:
vj-mark-vopen-limb-noir-jpg.1216245
Great classic image of your "Valley Jack", a timeless piece of cutlery!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot of the Week for me is a 2019 Guardians SFO in desert ironwood that I call Valley Jack:
View attachment 1216245

- GT

Great pic of your Valley Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Jack!!! Your wonderfully stout pair of allies is a perfect combination; outstanding!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Sunday my tote will continue my admiration of the scout pattern; a Remington BSA scout with a BSA "match holder" from the same era.:)

Thank you JJ, that Remington is a beauty, and I love the match-safe too :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday :) Going a little fancy today (well my pockets are) ;) :thumbsup:

bQK43x1.jpg

nzLg8h5.jpg

For Sunday my tote will continue my admiration of the scout pattern; a Remington BSA scout with a BSA "match holder" from the same era.:)
Just a superb image ! Evokes the spirit of Scouts. I got mine out and thank you kindly for your compliment on my image Sir! :D:thumbsup:

:D Thanks !
The maker is Pierre Yves Joyeux .
http://atelierlaclefdeschamps.fr/

Â

Your a fine ambassador, A !! Thank you for your presence here fine Sir :):):)

Went for a bush walk with kids this afternoon.

Sounds like a perfect day !!! and that knife....wow :eek:

Great pic of your Valley Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

Thank you JJ, that Remington is a beauty, and I love the match-safe too :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday :) Going a little fancy today (well my pockets are) ;) :thumbsup:

bQK43x1.jpg

nzLg8h5.jpg
Most excellent pairing ! Hope your day sings :):thumbsup:

Makes me want one...wowza !!

View attachment 1216405 View attachment 1216404 View attachment 1216406 View attachment 1216403

Three of my favorite GEC patterns!

@MJ71 @WGregge , thanks for the opportunity to add the Ebony TC and Sawcut Beer Scout to my collection. And @Rose and Thistle Custom , do you recognize the 73?

What a treat of beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!

You’ve sure got a bunch of nice GECs, Travis. My favorites of yours are those that pay homage to the oldies, like this one, and the teardrop EO you showed yesterday. It’s the spittin image of my Grandpa’s Camillus.
View attachment 1216124
Thank you. Your Grandpa had great taste in clothes and knives. I’m glad to see you have his teardrop EO Camillus to help remember him.

Back