What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

48924401376_24ecf2c5af_c.jpg

Â
Remind me who the maker is again? So elegant !!!

I'll be making a quick run to town later this afternoon and then pick up the mail on the way home so I'll take this one that came in from Jack Black Jack Black yesterday with me. Nice dark, deep, rich, ebony.

YWkySHn.jpg

Great-looking ebony Ed and Dan :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Have a wonderful weekend.

Thank you Harvey, you too my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for lunch Stuart! I really enjoyed the visit! :thumbsup: I was Totin these two for show and tell with Stuart. I knew he hadn’t got to see a Waynorth Lambsfoot in person. I think he was impressed! :thumbsup:

48332462872_28b852de6c_o_d.jpg

I also came away with some unexpected gifts. Thanks Stuart! You’re a generous friend indeed! I’ll post some photos later in the weekend! See you soon my friend! :thumbsup: :D

That must have been a fantastic visit :) Great pair Ron :thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a 1986 Soldier:
View attachment 1215618

Cool Soldier Gary :) :thumbsup:

Today's totes are from Imperial; the first BSA Cub Scout knife from the late 1940's and a Hammer Brand cattle knife from 1938-41, both with identical punches.:)

Superb JJ :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday

Always great to see the wolf John :) :thumbsup:

Superb vintage pair, Jack! I hope your weather dries out soon.

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Colonial advertising scout; I don't remember how it came to me sometime before 1980 :(:
View attachment 1215814

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial "wireframe" with clip and bottle opener (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1215816

Peanut-like knife this week is a chestnut jigged bone CV Case Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1215818

- GT

Still raining unfortunately mate, but at least we've got the great food right?! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Terrific trio GT :thumbsup:

Boy, this thread sure does FLY! :eek: Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've been out with these two today, my Hartshead Barlow SFO and a GEC #44 kindly gifted to me by my pal @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:

7VG5kHb.jpg

ekSx4ma.jpg

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund - Jeff, the images were a real treat.
Thanks, Harvey! Show ‘n Tell was my favorite subject in skool.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd even chew the beans and chug some hot water if I didn't have a hammer. :D

My condolences.

After 170 years of use, all blades become awls. :):thumbsup:
IHFZKMy.jpg
Thanks Rachell ~ overflowing with good memories right now...
I got this schrade jack all sharpened up. Didn't require much cleaning at all. Nice little knife, I like it a lot.

View attachment 1216083 View attachment 1216085 View attachment 1216086
I like it a lot as well! Great spear!!!
You’ve sure got a bunch of nice GECs, Travis. My favorites of yours are those that pay homage to the oldies, like this one, and the teardrop EO you showed yesterday. It’s the spittin image of my Grandpa’s Camillus.
View attachment 1216124

Shuffler goes with the Farmer for a short Saturday hike. The Farmer clips to RFP with a suspension clip, which works well for me. I always take it off or crop it out of pictures, because (edit: IMO and if I interpret the rules right) it doesn’t belong in the traditional forum.

82EF85E8-08FC-429F-BC0E-26F4D776E835.jpeg

Last edited:
Gevonovich Gevonovich - Thank you Gev. Gary customized a beautiful thick leather slip with a soft leather(Elk?) lining. Very secure, but easy to draw the knife out. He installed a grommet and ran enough paracord to loop it into the pant’s loop, and then drop it into the pocket.

I stared for awhile at your image of the knife, and the way it was arranged. Very nice.

48FA0E7B-6124-49CD-8812-E9B6C3D4934B.jpeg

Beautiful knife and beautiful photo, Gev! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Sir ! Always nice to find forgotten gems ;):):cool::thumbsup:

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Thank you Gev. Gary customized a beautiful thick leather slip with a soft leather(Elk?) lining. Very secure, but easy to draw the knife out. He installed a grommet and ran enough paracord to loop it into the pant’s loop, and then drop it into the pocket.

I stared for awhile at your image of the knife, and the way it was arranged. Very nice.

View attachment 1216132

Now that Rig sings !!!! Thanks for the photo of it.. As the saying goes...living the dream :):thumbsup: Congrats ! Goes well with food and cake compositions ;)

Did you notice the bear in the rocks...lol

Back