What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

CONDUCTOR:D with the Acorn ;)

nOVWS5K.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. Dads like to use the “R” word a lot!

Without going into gory details, been there, done it. At first the attacks were far enough apart that I failed to recognize them. When/if they come more frequently, get the surgery. I did earlier this year... so much better now, and a real cool scar.
Good luck!

Wait. What? You mean you DON’T take a guitar and knives for passing the time in hotel rooms???View attachment 1241228
Jeff, that beautiful Strat doesn’t end up in enough pictures! ;) :thumbsup:

Without going into gory details, been there, done it. At first the attacks were far enough apart that I failed to recognize them. When/if they come more frequently, get the surgery. I did earlier this year... so much better now, and a real cool scar.
Good luck!
Thanks.
This is the first attack that's been bad enough to recognize. Strangely, the last symptom I felt was the only symptom I've had previously, and previously that symptom went away with vitamin C and zinc, or probably by itself coincidentally.

Same battery of blades as yesterday, except maybe my geology hand lens instead of the sak.

Too bad you didn't get anything.
Great picture there, my dad's unit was put on cleanup duty when St Helens erupted and had jars full of the volcanic ash at one time but has since given the last of it away.

It’s all good, I just enjoyed being able to get out for a bit. The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy. I had even taken a vacation day on the 27th to hunt the opener of the late season but had to cancel that due to work. As far as Mt St Helens goes, I didn’t grow up here but my ex father-in-law was working for a timber company. He said even going the opposite direction of the ash falling he had to clean his air filter in his truck every other day. It’s been pretty cool though to watch the transformation of the landscape going from what looked like the surface of the moon turning back into a forest again, slowly but surely. And always plenty of elk to look at inside the National Monument.

And for knife content, I’ll carry this today...

B5-D37600-3-A61-43-C8-BC67-C08-DD6-FDC468.jpg

Jeff, that beautiful Strat doesn’t end up in enough pictures! ;) :thumbsup:

That’s very kind of you, Lance, and I am also in favor of pictures of my two favorite things: knives and guitars.

First, a shot from behind the dumpsters at our hotel on the Grand River, including a huge abandoned factory on the opposite bank. I would love to explore it!
View attachment 1241445 We’ll need to start getting fancied up for the wedding in a bit, but for now, I’ve got my girls (wife&daughter) with me in the hotel room, we have a sappy Christmas movie in Hallmark channel, and I have my heavily modded Stratocaster in my lap. Yup. Life is good.
View attachment 1241446 View attachment 1241447 Enjoy the weekend, my friends!

Last edited:
Will, that is a beautiful little knife and I know you appreciate that it has stainless blades, but are you sure it is a White Owl 68? It looks more like a 33 to me ;).

Right you are my friend:thumbsup: In my defence, there's only about 5 hours of weak twilight here at the moment and getting worse :eek: makes for extreme disorientation, eternal night.

Thanks, Will

Back